Almira: Honda City 2012 V-AT - Story Of Gift (Miha)

Thread Starter #33
Hi everyone, I am here after quite a long time. The Honda City is doing okay, needs a dedicated TLC in the upcoming months before the monsoons, hence I am here, armed with questions hoping you all will help with those.

1. I have converted the car to CNG ~2 years ago. So the general service this time around would include the spark plug replacement, throttle body cleaning as well as the injector cleaning on top of the regular checklist. Anything else I should have a look at? Fuel pump?

2. I want to change the transmission oil as well - what is the grade of the transmission oil, which brand and what should be the cost of this change? My car is an automatic 2012 i.e. Torque Converter gearbox.

3. The rear suspension has started to feel bouncy quite a lot in the last few months - Please note - my car is being used like a tempo most of the time due to the needs of my business, cargo and long tours in villages in the Konkan belt where the roads are unforgiving. The suspension, I am sure has taken quite a lot of beating. There is quite an audible noise from the front suspension now even over minor rough patches, I am guessing link roads or tie rods is the culprit. So overall, suspension of the whole car needs to have a long hard look at.

4. The engine bay needs to be thoroughly cleaned, especially the suspension mounts area needs to be cleaned again, and I would like to spray that area as well as the firewall with an anti rust spray - any suggestions?

5. The headlights are a big pain point as of now - the reason being, the RH headlight bulb holder pin is missing and the bulb gets dislocated from it's position sometimes, and both the headlights become misaligned, on top of them being very weak for my taste. Can somebody please help me with a better solution please? Also for the fog lamps as well, of course not expensive. Not HIDs and stuff, I don't have a big budget as of now, and mechanical well being will be the priority. Even if someone can help / suggest me where can I source the pin from, it would be okay for now.

6. I recently bought some floor mats from an Instagram page from Delhi, and they have turned out to be the most stupid purchase, nor they fit properly, and have started degrading already. I would like to go back to having regular mats which - just fit. Don't want these 3D 5D 7D stuff again. Just good regular mats which are specially made for the Honda City and that's it.

7. Unfortunately, all four doors have developed a lot of rust to the point that it's chipping away from the outside. This is the second most critical work which needs to be done after the service. I don't want to spend on new doors and those alone would cost me somewhere in the 25000 region. I have been advised on getting second hand doors, and claiming insurance to help reduce the costs. Please advice.

8. At a later point, I want to install auto-dimming IRVM, some foot well lights, and some other cosmetic but functional upgrades as well. Probably after the rains.

That's all for now, will post again if I recollect some points. Parting with a photo during my recent business trip in the Konkan area.

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-17 at 3.41.47 PM.jpeg

Top Bottom