Alloys Rims for My Swift Vxi - 2012 (Photos Attached)

Thread Starter #1
Greetings to all the Experts,
Whats up Brothers! At Last i got the Delivery for my Maruti Swift VXi - 2012 Torque Blue Metallic after 3 Months of Waiting ON VALENTINE'S DAY (YESSSSSS!). I got the Sun Film Llumar All Around at 11,500 INR. I got it done by the dealer itself. It is better. I dont believe the Outside Guys. If there is any bubbles, i can go back to tthe Dealer as i have Warranty and all. Flawless Work Guys. Then i got my Alloys (EVO) & Yokohoma S Drive 205/55/R15 at 50,000 INR. I drove the Dar with those TINY GOODYEAR STOCK Tyres - I felt like a Dick or a Woman! NOW THANK GOD - Full Fat Boy Looks and i feel like a MAN.
I heard that there will be Boucing Effects with these Tyres and i heard that the Drive wont be so smooth as in the Stock Tyres? MY FEED BACK - I FEEL THAT I AM STUCK TO THE ROAD (I MEAN IT) & THE STEERING IS SMOOTH AND COMFORTABLE AND I AM IN LOVE WITH THE RIDE) MAIN FEED BACK - All the Chicks stare at me and my Ride for which my WIFE IS KINNA PISSED & all. [evil]

DOUBTS TIME GUYS - Please help me out!

1 - What Pressures should i have to maintain for the Front and Back Tyres Experts?
2 - I HEARD THAT I HAVE TO DO WHEEL ALIGNMENT & WHEEL BALANCING EVERY 3,000 KMS. Is this true?[surprise]. Why?
3 - Guys my Car has risen by 10 mm Plus. I dont why? What do you suggest for me? Should i go for Suspennsion Mod to Lower the Car OR should i go for Skirting?

I am attaching the Photos for your Kind Reference. Any Suggestions or Expertise would be highly appreciated!

Thanks & Cheers[cheers]

Attachments

Congrats on your new car. Looks awesome, especially those alloys.

1) I use 205/50/R15 on my Swift and I maintain 30psi. That should be enough.
2) Alignment should be done every 5k kms. Balancing can be done based on the mechanics feedback. They will recommend when its time to do. Alignment is basically done to make sure that there isnt any uneven wear and tear. Specially with our road conditions, they easily get misaligned.
3) Check whether the tyre is scrapping the under body. If not, dont do anything. Side skirts are basically installed for aerodynamic advantages. But most of the side skirt designs here are for looks and not for functionality. I added my side skirts based on aerodynamic design and it was custom designed by an automotive designer. I really felt the difference after installation. Car is now more stable during high speeds.

I have one suggestion. Kindly remove the rubber beading on the front and rear bumper. The chrome thing makes the car dull and spoils the macho look.

Waiting for your next update.
Happy driving!

lxi.

Suspended
Wow, The car looks more Fat with those meaty tyres, And The second and the third pic are teasers!

Post a full side pic of your car Buddy. The alloys look nice. I was a bit confused that how come there are body coloured door handles on the vXi variant. Then checked the website and came to know that the body coloured door handles are std. on vxi:stupid:!
Yes, Do remove the bumper beadings. The Black colour spoils the look of the car. And also remove the sticker (showroom name i think) above the Swift badge. Loooks bad.

Either get something blue coloured (w/o Chrome) or There are Some new kind of Transparent bumper beadings. Try finding those in your area from some Aftermarket shop. I would suggest you to also go for skirts than lowering the suspensions.

Cheers. Drive safe!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Congrats on your new car. Looks awesome, especially those alloys.

1) I use 205/50/R15 on my Swift and I maintain 30psi. That should be enough.
2) Alignment should be done every 5k kms. Balancing can be done based on the mechanics feedback. They will recommend when its time to do. Alignment is basically done to make sure that there isnt any uneven wear and tear. Specially with our road conditions, they easily get misaligned.
3) Check whether the tyre is scrapping the under body. If not, dont do anything. Side skirts are basically installed for aerodynamic advantages. But most of the side skirt designs here are for looks and not for functionality. I added my side skirts based on aerodynamic design and it was custom designed by an automotive designer. I really felt the difference after installation. Car is now more stable during high speeds.

I have one suggestion. Kindly remove the rubber beading on the front and rear bumper. The chrome thing makes the car dull and spoils the macho look.

Waiting for your next update.
Happy driving!
Hello Buddy!
Thanks a Lot Dude for your Feedback! Appreciate it Bro!
1 - Could you kindly let me know who are the Automotive Designers out here who can design those Skirting for me? Where did you get yours done Dude! If you dont mind, is there any pics of your ride so i can have a look at the Skirtings.
2 - I understand your point of View for those Front and Rear Beadings (Black with the Chrome **** and all). IT IS MY WIFE's Choice. You Know the Chicks! We Men say one thing - They Cooly Switch to the opposite! What i do Buddy!
3 - Dude, you have those 205/50/R15. That really needs the Skirting Yaar! Low Profile tyres. BUDDY THE MECHANIC TOLD ME TO MAINTAIN 32 PSI. IS 30 PSI ENOUGH? DO YOU RECOMMEND THAT I REDUCE TO 30 PSI?
4 - The Tyres is not scrapping under the body till now. Of Course it is the Second day! If i put the Skirting now, is it okay? Will it cause some problems? Pls Advice!

Please help me out dude! Awaitng your reply!

Thanks for your Precious Time![cheers]

SAM9088

Sam congrats for your new ride, liked the alloys very much, how much did it cost? I know its a bomb when it's fitted with Dealer

The rubber beading at the front is awkward IMO.But as you said it is difficult to change the minds!
Hello Buddy!
1 - Could you kindly let me know who are the Automotive Designers out here who can design those Skirting for me? Where did you get yours done Dude! If you dont mind, is there any pics of your ride so i can have a look at the Skirtings.
Will you tailor make the side skirts if anyone does a PS job for you? The car looks nice in stock state

BUDDY THE MECHANIC TOLD ME TO MAINTAIN 32 PSI. IS 30 PSI ENOUGH? DO YOU RECOMMEND THAT I REDUCE TO 30 PSI?
Go theough the User manual they will give the appropriate tyre pressure to maintain.

Thread Starter #7
Wow, The car looks more Fat with those meaty tyres, And The second and the third pic are teasers!

Post a full side pic of your car Buddy. The alloys look nice. I was a bit confused that how come there are body coloured door handles on the vXi variant. Then checked the website and came to know that the body coloured door handles are std. on vxi:stupid:!
Yes, Do remove the bumper beadings. The Black colour spoils the look of the car. And also remove the sticker (showroom name i think) above the Swift badge. Loooks bad.

Either get something blue coloured (w/o Chrome) or There are Some new kind of Transparent bumper beadings. Try finding those in your area from some Aftermarket shop. I would suggest you to also go for skirts than lowering the suspensions.

Cheers. Drive safe!
Hello Buddy,
Greetings. Thanks a lot for your Suggestions. It is valuable! Appreciate it Bro!
1 - Vxi Models come with the Door Handles in the same Colour as the Body. I believe it was there also in the previous models as well - Correct me if i am wrong on this issue.
2 - I CLEARLY understand your point of View of those Front & Rear Bumper Beadings (Black with Chrome **** & all), what i do Buddy. Its my WIFE's Choice. Chicks -----[frustration]. We Men think One way & the Chicks Cooly take the Opposite Side. It came free and she is DELIGHTED! I GIVE UP ON THIS ISSUE. If i say that it is not good - I would be Sleeping Outside the House - Probably on the Door Mat! Hehehehehehe.
3 - Buddy, the Maruti Accessories SKIRTING looks BADD. Do you know where to pick up Custom Skirting Dude! Please help me out! I desperately want the Skirting for my Ride! It looks as if the CAR IS RAISED! I am worried about it.
4 - How are the tyres buddy? FATTY BOY LOOKS.

Thanks a lot for your Precious Time & Awaiting your Expertise on the Above Mentioned Issues!

Cheers

Congratulations SAM9088 for your new swift[clap]. And it is looking even better with those meaty tires and nice color choice. Usually i see red or white swifts.

Thread Starter #9
Sam congrats for your new ride, liked the alloys very much, how much did it cost? I know its a bomb when it's fitted with Dealer

The rubber beading at the front is awkward IMO.But as you said it is difficult to change the minds!

Will you tailor make the side skirts if anyone does a PS job for you? The car looks nice in stock state

Go theough the User manual they will give the appropriate tyre pressure to maintain.
Hello Mr. Vishwas,
Greetings Buddy! Appreciate your Comments Bro! Thanks a Lot.
1 - Please could you help me where to find a Designer for Skirtings Dude. I dont like the Genuine Maruti Accessories Skirting. Looks Bad Yaar. I STAY IN MANGALORE. Definetely it will be hard to find those Designers here. Could you suggest anything in Bangalore? Bro! THE CAR IS RAISED UP A BIT. DONT YOU THINK IT LOOKS BAD YAAR! SKIRITNG I BELIEVE IS A MUST ISN'T IT?
2 - BUDDY, User Manual says Pressure ratings for Front and Rear for Stock Tyres. I PUT THE WHOPPING 11,500 INR TINTS (LLUMAR) FROM THE DEALERS WITH WARRANTY BUT I FITTED THE ALLOYS & YOKO'S FROM UNDERGROUND CAR ACCESSORIES IN MANGALORE.
3 - Yokohoma's 205/55/R15 & the Alloy Rims together was quoted at 26,000 INR - Yoko's & 24,000 INR for the EVO ALLOYS. Both with Warranty Cards.
Please Note that Yoko S Drive prices have increase by 500 INR each tyre from 2012 Buddy.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and i Appologise as i would have unknowingly used Obsense Comments. I am Sorry Buddy!

[cheers]

SAM9088

Cool alloys, but can you post a full side profile of your car?
Hello Raj,
thanks a lot for your Suggestions. appreciate it dude! I SHALL SEND THE PHOTO OF THOSE SIDE VIEWS YOU HAVE REQUESTED FOR!

Thanks Bro! [cheers]

Congratulations SAM9088 for your new swift[clap]. And it is looking even better with those meaty tires and nice color choice. Usually i see red or white swifts.
Thanks a Lot for your suggestions Buddy! Appreciate it Dude! TORQUE BLUE METALLIC - I WAITED 3 MONTHS FOR IT BRO! I GOT THE DELIVERY ON VALENTINE'S DAY!
[cheers]

Last edited by a moderator:

lxi.

Suspended
Hello Buddy,
Greetings. Thanks a lot for your Suggestions. It is valuable! Appreciate it Bro!
1 - Vxi Models come with the Door Handles in the same Colour as the Body. I believe it was there also in the previous models as well - Correct me if i am wrong on this issue.2 - I CLEARLY understand your point of View of those Front & Rear Bumper Beadings (Black with Chrome **** & all), what i do Buddy. Its my WIFE's Choice. Chicks -----[frustration]. We Men think One way & the Chicks Cooly take the Opposite Side. It came free and she is DELIGHTED! I GIVE UP ON THIS ISSUE. If i say that it is not good - I would be Sleeping Outside the House - Probably on the Door Mat! Hehehehehehe.
3 - Buddy, the Maruti Accessories SKIRTING looks BADD. Do you know where to pick up Custom Skirting Dude! Please help me out! I desperately want the Skirting for my Ride! It looks as if the CAR IS RAISED! I am worried about it.
4 - How are the tyres buddy? FATTY BOY LOOKS.

Thanks a lot for your Precious Time & Awaiting your Expertise on the Above Mentioned Issues!

Cheers
Nope buddy. The earlier Vxi models didnt came with body coloured handles. The body coloured handles were for the zxi, vdi and vdi abs.
You can check for the side skirts on sites online. Maybe if you dont get one, you will come to know the price so that you can negotiate with the Aftermarket or MASS dealer if needed.
Regarding the beading. Keep them as it is! I dont want any fellow TAI'n to sleep on the door mat[lol]. The tyres, those chunky meaty fatty rubber is the awesomest awesome. Makes the car look like a MAN!
Do share the comfort and ride experience after switching to the Yokos from the Goodyears?

Last edited:
Greetings Buddy! Appreciate your Comments Bro! Thanks a Lot.
[cheers]
You are welcome.

Please could you help me where to find a Designer for Skirtings Dude. I dont like the Genuine Maruti Accessories Skirting. Looks Bad Yaar. I STAY IN MANGALORE. Definetely it will be hard to find those Designers here. Could you suggest anything in Bangalore? Bro! THE CAR IS RAISED UP A BIT. DONT YOU THINK IT LOOKS BAD YAAR! SKIRITNG I BELIEVE IS A MUST ISN'T IT?
Oh yeah i feel the car would look awkward when raised, If you are driving to Bangalore try the side skirts in JC Road(hope you know it), they probably may have good designs,i' ll PM you if i come to know any of the shops here.

2 - BUDDY, User Manual says Pressure ratings for Front and Rear for Stock Tyres. I PUT THE WHOPPING 11,500 INR TINTS (LLUMAR) FROM THE DEALERS WITH WARRANTY BUT I FITTED THE ALLOYS & YOKO'S FROM UNDERGROUND CAR ACCESSORIES IN MANGALORE.
Sorry i did not see the earlier posts, well go with the mechanic words.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and i Appologise as i would have unknowingly used Obsense Comments. I am Sorry Buddy!
Hey no need to mention it here, that was just my opinion[:D]

Thread Starter #13
Will try to post the photoshopped pics of the side skirts tommorow. Till then, watch this space!
Thanks dude! I am dying to see those Skirts! Appreciate your Efforts Bro!

[cheers]

You are welcome.

Oh yeah i feel the car would look awkward when raised, If you are driving to Bangalore try the side skirts in JC Road(hope you know it), they probably may have good designs,i' ll PM you if i come to know any of the shops here.

Sorry i did not see the earlier posts, well go with the mechanic words.

Hey no need to mention it here, that was just my opinion[:D]
Cool dude! I will ask my Cousin to go to J.C. Road and check out the Skirts Buddy and i will keep you informed. Once i get the details - i will send it to you - Regarding the Price and all. TAI Forum has helped me a lot. Thanks to Experts like you Boss! I also do have a House in Bangalore - R.T.Nagar. The Flat is next to Veerappa Moily's House. MLA Layout.
Bro - Just one more thing. How are the Skirts Fitted. Is it Clip on Fit or you need to attach it to the Bumpers using some fasterners and all! The reason i ask you this is because if i purschase these Skirts from bangalore - Can the NUTS here in Mangalore fix it to my Car. Sorry to Inform you that there are not many Professionals available here in Mangalore like in Metro Cities like Bangalore, Delhi, mumbai etc. I am worried if they would DAMAGE my Vehicle Dude![confused].

Cheers Buddy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #14
Nope buddy. The earlier Vxi models didnt came with body coloured handles. The body coloured handles were for the zxi, vdi and vdi abs.
You can check for the side skirts on sites online. Maybe if you dont get one, you will come to know the price so that you can negotiate with the Aftermarket or MASS dealer if needed.
Regarding the beading. Keep them as it is! I dont want any fellow TAI'n to sleep on the door mat[lol]. The tyres, those chunky meaty fatty rubber is the awesomest awesome. Makes the car look like a MAN!
Do share the comfort and ride experience after switching to the Yokos from the Goodyears?
Hey Buddy!
I swear i am not the First human Being who has driven on 205 tires - But all that i can say is that i feel Stuck to the Ground like the fevicol Ad or something! Dude those "TINY" Good Years 165/80/R14 i just drove from the Dealer directly to the Car Accessories and it made me feel sick. Now my Wife says that she misses those GoodYears. hahahahaha. CHICKS[frustration].

There were two cars of the same Colour for Delivery. I am attaching a Photo of the Other Car with MRF Tyres - My Stock Tires are also the same size. Instead of MRF, my Stock tires are Good year. ENJOY THE "TINY" STOCK TIRES & Laugh Out Loud. I feel so shy to drive around with these Stock Tires Dude!

[cheers]

Attachments

Hello Buddy!
Thanks a Lot Dude for your Feedback! Appreciate it Bro!
2 - I understand your point of View for those Front and Rear Beadings (Black with the Chrome **** and all). IT IS MY WIFE's Choice. You Know the Chicks! We Men say one thing - They Cooly Switch to the opposite! What i do Buddy!
3 - Dude, you have those 205/50/R15. That really needs the Skirting Yaar! Low Profile tyres. BUDDY THE MECHANIC TOLD ME TO MAINTAIN 32 PSI. IS 30 PSI ENOUGH? DO YOU RECOMMEND THAT I REDUCE TO 30 PSI?
4 - The Tyres is not scrapping under the body till now. Of Course it is the Second day! If i put the Skirting now, is it okay? Will it cause some problems? Pls Advice!

Please help me out dude! Awaitng your reply!

Thanks for your Precious Time![cheers]

SAM9088
Sam:

Anytime bro. Here are my answers to all your questions.
1) I got it done at Sai Colorium, Bangalore. Meet Mr Ramesh. Many of my friends also modded their Swift there. Nice chap. There is one more shop in Bangalore. It's called Motormind. These guess will be expensive. Pics attached.
2) Yes, I know. Try to get body colored beading. I have body colored ones on the sides.
3) 30 should do. I asked many guys here and they said 30 would be enough. Kindly ask few more guys there to confirm.
4) Side skirts wont have any problems scrapping the tyre. The only problem is that the ground clearance may be affected (in some side skirts). I got mine designed keeping the GC in mind. I installed this on the same height as the side panels. So GC isnt affected. Of course, a bit is reduced but that marginal.

See the pics of my ride. Some can be seen here also
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...e-parts/5582-accessories-my-maruti-swift.html

Attachments

Top Bottom