Alloys for Maruti Zen (2004)

Thread Starter #1
Hey I own a 2004 Maruti Suzuki Zen LXi , now I want to add new alloy to my beloved ride , so I have few questions in my mind :
1. my budget is 10-12k what brands do you suggest ?
2. can I use the new alloy on my existing tires ? or I need to go for new tires ?
3. some people were telling me its difficult to change tires in case of puncture if you have alloy wheels , is it true ? they were saying that you need some special wrench to change the alloy wheels the usual ones doesnt fit , any comments on that ?
4. are the alloy wheels safe ? coz safety is primary for me.

Some of the questions might sound silly to you guys am sorry for that am really a novice when it comes to alloys , hence please consider.

Re: Alloy for Maruti Zen (2004)

Which Size you are looking 12" or 13"? I think your tire size 145/80-12. Earlier model zen comes with 145/70-13 size tires. Alloys are more safer. Alloys allow more air passage and reduces heat fast.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Alloy for Maruti Zen (2004)

1. my budget is 10-12k what brands do you suggest ?
Plati brand has a few awesome designs. Just check them out.

2. can I use the new alloy on my existing tires ? or I need to go for new tires ?
Yes. You can use them with the existing set of tyres.

3. some people were telling me its difficult to change tires in case of puncture if you have alloy wheels , is it true ? they were saying that you need some special wrench to change the alloy wheels the usual ones doesnt fit , any comments on that ?
Nope. Just check with your wrench in case of doubts.

4. are the alloy wheels safe ? coz safety is primary for me.
They’re safe. In fact alloys are better than the standard steel wheels in all aspects.

Some of the questions might sound silly to you guys am sorry for that am really a novice when it comes to alloys
No question is silly. We’re here to help. Please feel free to post any further queries.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5
Got Plati alloys for my ride , 11500/- for set of 4 and have ordered the 5th one for stepney , the dealer was saying 4 is sufficient no need for the 5th one , but its good to have alloy for your stepney too , right ?

PS : will post the pictures very soon

Thank you for your valuable inputs

[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good, the price is reasonable.
Its better to have spare wheel as alloy, if some thing happens to any one of the wheel, you can't run with the steel rim, looks ugly.

Also you might not get the same design in future.

Do post some pic's.

Got Plati alloys for my ride , 11500/- for set of 4 and have ordered the 5th one for stepney , the dealer was saying 4 is sufficient no need for the 5th one , but its good to have alloy for your stepney too , right ?

PS : will post the pictures very soon

Thank you for your valuable inputs

[:)]
hello All, this is my first post on the forum and i would also like some information on alloys for my Zen, currently based in Pune. 11500 for 4 sounds like a good deal fro me, so i want to know what/how should i go ahead with the procurement. If there is anybody from Pune and if they can help me out, i would appreciate it.

Hey Zenon,

Congrats for your new alloys for Zen, where are the pics buddy as we also have one Zen D of 2001, if they look good, then even we will also go for them.

Top Bottom