Alloys For Hyundai Elite i20

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I will be getting my very first car - Elite i20 Magna (Petrol) Pristine blue model by Feb mid :) Am very much new into all this as I have only been a spectator.
I visited a couple of alloy wheel shops nearby but I have no idea of how good are the brands. My budget is 25K to 30K. Could you please suggest which brand alloys are best in this price range?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi,

I visited a couple of alloy wheel shops nearby but I have no idea of how good are the brands. My budget is 25K to 30K. Could you please suggest which brand alloys are best in this price range?
Prince! You may check on Alloys of Plati, Veloche, NEO, Lenso, HRS. I remember Autopsyche quoting me INR 35K for Lenso in April last year. So if he is giving the Lenso around 35K then easily you may get them at a much negotiable price in Open Market.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
Consider the ones supplied by hyundai showroom at Rs 22000 @ 4 alloy wheels in exchange for your drum wheels. These alloys come in a lifetime warranty.
hi rajansvv, is it true that Hyundai showroom do not have much choices like the ones provided in Open market?

hi rajansvv, is it true that Hyundai showroom do not have much choices like the ones provided in Open market?
princeAby,

Please check the online market and get more details and price tag for alloy brands. you ca also get an idea about the dimensions, brands and also advantages and disadvantages of alloys.

Then go to a shop and get the price quote. This i think is a better option

Hi, I will be getting my very first car - Elite i20 Magna (Petrol) Pristine blue model by Feb mid. Am very much new into all this as I have only been a spectator. I visited a couple of alloy wheel shops nearby but I have no idea of how good are the brands. My budget is 25K to 30K. Could you please suggest which brand alloys are best in this price range?
I am not very familiar with the brands to provide you with recommendations. But I suggest it will be better to stay away from those Taiwan, Chinese make products which are there in every car decor shops. Though most of them look stylish, their design will be very crude without considering car dynamics aspects and they will affect your car's FE, ride comfort etc and give you troubles in long run. So go for renowned brands only (Bridgestone Tiara etc, Akash suggested many in the above post) as it is a critical part of your car unlike a floor mat or mud flap.

Last edited:
Hi,

I will be getting my very first car - Elite i20 Magna (Petrol) Pristine blue model by Feb mid :) Am very much new into all this as I have only been a spectator.
There are many brands available in market which has really good quality and aesthetic too. Brands like Plati, HRS, NEO, Star, Lenso etc. can serve your purpose.

Since you haven't go delivered your car till date as you said, if possible you can upgrade to a higher variant Sports or Asta as ABS+Airbag is much more important than alloys and other visual appearance. No doubt it will cost you a little higher, but wont be much higher than the safety of you and your family.

Above is my suggestion, no offence against any lower variant. ABS and airbags have practically and actually save so many life a year. If you go out of budget while buying a little higher variant say "Sports" than a year later you can change its steel rims to alloys.

Thread Starter #8
Since you haven't go delivered your car till date as you said, if possible you can upgrade to a higher variant Sports or Asta as ABS+Airbag is much more important than alloys and other visual appearance. No doubt it will cost you a little higher, but wont be much higher than the safety of you and your family.
Thank you for your response Amit. [:)] but I am content with my decision. ABS comes at an additional cost of 60K and I dint find any other features by Sportz to be useful in the long run. One needs ABS only when he/she drives at higher speeds but I am not a speed junkie. I believe when I have an absence of ABS in my car I will be more cautious while I drive. [;)]

Thank you once again for your response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hy friends .
I am also buying elite i20 petrol magna . I want to upgrade the stock wheels with alloys.
What is the right upsize for alloys as well as tyres .
so that there not much decrease in mileage

need guidance about alloy wheels for elite i20 sportz

Dear All,

I want to upgrade my wheels. But confused about few points.
I would be thankful and appreciate if some one can clear the doubts.

1- alloy wheels are not stronger and can break. ( What if i am driving on highways at around 110-130 KMPH and suddenly potholes / very rough patches / small bumps come and cant realy slow down the speed to 40-50. can the alloys break in such situations ?

2- is it safe and does the warranty get voided if we install after market alloys.

3- hyundai alloys are very costly i will have to look other after market options for alloys. which are the good and reliable brands which are durable and well experienced.?

4- i m planning to upgrade to stock asta size - 195/55 R16. and yoko earth 1. Please suggest if something else is better.

5- considering point 4 what changes i should expect from new drive ? pros and cons ..

Please guide accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Yash Mehta

Top Bottom