All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift Now Launched

The "Indian" Heartect platform is a unstable platform, which means All the cars based on this platform, are unsafe.
Vitara Brezza gor 4 stars cause, it is based on the Global C Platform and hence, a stable platform.

Well, I am not surprised at all. But what worries me is that, Maruti Suzuki claiming the Indian Heartect platform to be safe might point to the Loopholed and diluted BNVSAP.
Now, I would like to wait for the Global NCAP tests of other cars made in India, for sale in India

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Maruti Swift RS 1 L might launch in 2019 – To take on Tata Tiago JTP 114 PS

Maruti Swift RS will sport similar updates as seen on the Baleno RS. It will get a sportier stance as compared to its regular model with new front bumpers, side skirts and a roof mounted spoiler while body graphics will enhance its sportier appeal. For improved handling, the Maruti Suzuki RS could offer the car with 16” alloy wheels, get disc brakes on all four wheels and stiffer suspension. Interiors will also be given a sporty look with sporty seats and RS branding. It will be seen with an all black cabin with Burning Red trims on central console, instrument cluster, front doors and steering wheel.

Read:

I'm planning to buy a new car and this is my 3rd car (after 1st gen i10 and Wagon R)

I have always liked Swift (all 3 gens). Whenever I start driving a swift I feel the dialogue from Transformers "A driver don't pick the car. The car'll pick the driver"

But 2 things are worrying me. Build Quality (obviously) and Reliability (as from my experience facelifted (midlift) cars are more reliable than new models. New models have more problems)

I'm also considering Elite i20 CVT just for the smoothness in heavy traffic and also excellent audio quality from stock speakers. But still Elite i20 scored only 3 stars in Global NCAP and it states that body is unstable. So not much difference between Elite i20 and swift. Also turning radius is bit too high (5.2m) which is difficult especially in my area for those u-turn. Whereas Swift is actually fun in narrow streets and I really enjoyed driving swift in those narrow crowded streets. Overtly light steering is actually a big plus in this case. Old swift is fun to drive in highways but I feel the new swift is the actual one which is fun to drive in crowded streets

I took swift test drive (petrol manual) and thats the only car which made me to go to showroom again and again and ask for test drive (just like kids use to ask for ride in new bicycle). I seriously thank sales person who patiently agreed for 6 test drives

Though Swift and Elite i20 CVT are in different category, these are the 2 cars I have shortlisted for now

Serious Dilemma

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Maruti Swift BS6 launch – Gets new safety and Rs 15k price hike

Apart from announcing the launch of WagonR BS6 petrol 1.2 and Alto CNG, Maruti Suzuki has also announced the launch of Swift BS6.

maruti-swift-used-car-sales-india.jpg

The safety compliant Maruti Suzuki Swift, both petrol and diesel are now compliant with AIS-145 Safety standards. Additionally, Swift petrol is now BS6 compliant. The updates warrant a price hike across all Swift variants. Based on features across variants, ex-sh price in Delhi and NCR region varies from Rs. 5,14,000/- to Rs. 8,89,000/-. This is about Rs 15,000 more than the existing Swift.

Maruti Swift petrol BS6 is 1.2 liter engine delivering 83 PS and 114 Nm via 5 speed MT or AMT. Diesel variant is still BS4. It is powered by 1.3 liter engine, delivering 75 PS power and 190 Nm torque via 5 speed MT or AMT.

Read:

2019 Maruti Swift BS6 launch – Gets new safety and Rs 15k price hike

Apart from announcing the launch of WagonR BS6 petrol 1.2 and Alto CNG, Maruti Suzuki has also announced the launch of Swift BS6.

View attachment 260687

The safety compliant Maruti Suzuki Swift, both petrol and diesel are now compliant with AIS-145 Safety standards. Additionally, Swift petrol is now BS6 compliant. The updates warrant a price hike across all Swift variants. Based on features across variants, ex-sh price in Delhi and NCR region varies from Rs. 5,14,000/- to Rs. 8,89,000/-. This is about Rs 15,000 more than the existing Swift.

Maruti Swift petrol BS6 is 1.2 liter engine delivering 83 PS and 114 Nm via 5 speed MT or AMT. Diesel variant is still BS4. It is powered by 1.3 liter engine, delivering 75 PS power and 190 Nm torque via 5 speed MT or AMT.

Read:
Thanks for the update Nair Sahab,
For one I wouldn't waste my hard-earned money on a Suzuki, till the time the crash test norm's are not enforced, and the results not known to us, car buying public.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Maruti Suzuki Swift Diesel Variants Discontinued

Maruti Suzuki has pulled the plug on diesel variants of the Swift in India. While it was always known, now the diesel variants of the Swift have been taken off the website. It was in April 2019 that Maruti Suzuki announced it will stop selling diesels come April 1, 2020. The Maruti Suzuki Swift used the Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre Multi-jet diesel engine. In fact, this particular engine was used in many other Maruti models. The 1.3-litre Multijet diesel engine powered more than 21 cars in the country. The motor was fun to drive and yes very fuel efficient. The fuel economy figures for the engine on most cars were above 15 kmpl and that was certainly a big plus. To put things into perspective, a total of 800,050 units were manufactured in its life time of two decades.

Read:

Top Bottom