All New Hyundai i40 a.k.a Sonata

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Here are a few spyshots of the upcoming Hyundai i40/Sonata YF, a wild improvement over the existing Sonata NF. These shots, apparently taken during the car’s promotional shoot, have been doing rounds all over the internet.

Source: Indian Autos Blog.com

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
Yeah this looks very futuristic.
But by the time when it will launch here, Honda will also be ready to answer it.

350Z

Yes. But I love Sonata 3rd Generation because of its price & bundle of features.

But Accord boasts a hefty price for the car. Honda should really think about pricing in India.

Just watched Autocar Show today which gave One on One comparision of Accord V6 & Superb V6.

Finally ACI's pick is Superb V6 for the Excellent Ride Quality & Performance :-)

napster

Suspended
looks cool, not at all like an indian car, for me accord is the pick, any day any time, my vote goes for honda

hyundai even though giving hefty features and options on their sonata along with their CRDi mill which even they felt would be bonus for them in this segment, still couldnt do that well to beat Honda and other players as hyundai is not taken likethat premium brand by buyers as compared to Japanese companies, so still long time to go for them.This new model would surely create some heat in market.

Wow, the car looks superb! i feel hyundai offers great value for money & their cars are suited to indian conditions too. its really sad that their premium models dont sell well.

Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team
Now here are some detail info and pics of the i40:

The 2.4 liter Theta II engine with GDI (gasoline direct injection) technology produces about 200 hp. A 2.0 liter petrol engine should be powering in the entry-level model.

Whether or not the 2.2 liter ‘R’ with 204 hp and the Euro 5 emissions standards busting diesel engine will make it to India is anyone’s guess. Even a Lambda V6 engine giving out about 250 hp is in the rumor mill. This could be a perfect candidate to eat into the Skoda Superb V6′ and Honda Accord V6′ pie

6-speed manual or automatic transmissions will be available. A level of equipment is going to be up there – panoramic glass roof, stop-start technology and paddle shifts on the steering wheel will be bestowed on the new Sonata.

The Hyundai Sonata YF/i40 goes on sale in Korea in October andh in the North American and European markets by early 2010

::Source::

Attachments

Hyundai - New Sonata 2011

Sonata.jpg sonata2.jpg sonata3.jpg

Hyundai introduced an all-new midsize Sonata. The 2011 Sonata, far sleeker than its predecessor, was formally introduced at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
The new car will come equipped with six-speed automatic or manual transmissions, and only four-cylinder engines will be offered.
At first, the only choice will be a brand-new high-tech 2.4-liter four cylinder. A turbocharged four-cylinder comes later.

Source - Economictimes

Oh man ! What have they done ? I dint really like the front styling,reminds me of some Indica model,rear end looks cool but even that reminds me of some BMW model.

I actually like the current gen Sonata,looks much better.

Top Bottom