All New Hyundai i40 a.k.a Sonata

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Current Hyundai Sonata is doing no good in India, We hope the scene should change when this one makes here. It would become the direct competition to Accord.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hyundai has started rivaling with premium cars!

Hope they price it correctly & win against 7 series :)

Thread Starter #19

350Z

Core Team
Expected pricing of New Hyundai Sonata is Rs.18 Lakhs, It should go on sale by Mid-Next Year.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21

350Z

Core Team
New Hyundai Sonata Breaks Sales Record!

The Hyundai i40 has just broken sales records in Korea with more that 100,000 customers signing contracts since the car hit showrooms in September 2009. This figure translates to more than 1,000 bookings per day! This is no budget hatch mind you.
Hyundai now has customers waiting in line for their i40 for the next 10 months. It is not clear if Hyundai has stopped taking new bookings at this time. Using the fluidic sculpture design language interpreted on the ix35 SUV, the new Sonata will debut in markets like India and Australia this year. The Sonata comes with 2.4-liter direct injection petrol engine generating 148KW. A 125KW 2.5-liter CRDI engine is also in the works and will join the Sonata shortly. (Source: Steeringnews)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

i40 is just stunner from the stable of Hyundai.

Its a marvellous design & direct competitor to Accord.

Hope i30 makes it way soon to get the route clear.

All the i Series vehicles have been stunners, and selling very impressive numbers.
Me only wish they Koreans were a little bit more imaginative in the naming though!!

Maybe, but don't you think the way Cinquecento or something as exotic rolls off your tongue more musically than the i-series??

But how many people in rural India heard about Cinquecento ? or spell it correctly ?

I feel its more sensible to name it with numbers like Merc, BMW, Jaguar & now Hyundai :)

Its easier to remember as well as tell and you know the precedence well !!

The Cinquecento is basically Italian for 500, so they can call it the Fiat 500!!
But I guess names are like styling, every one has his preference!!

The Cinquecento is basically Italian for 500, so they can call it the Fiat 500!!
But I guess names are like styling, every one has his preference!!
Very true, I agree and moreover before seeing a car itself, what a person hears is its name. but though i40 is not bad at all but since small i10 is there, so it may not give a impression of i40 being such a cool looking big luxury car which rivals accord etc.

Thread Starter #30

350Z

Core Team
After Hyundai i40, Now i45!

After tremendous success of i40in foreign market, Hyundai is now considering to release the bigger i45 model. Wondering when will we get one?

Hyundai Sonata, that was recently launched in the US market, has got pretty good reviews from the automotive media and car enthusiasts. It is creating quite a buzz among Hyundai lovers and other car buffs.

Hyundai has confirmed that they would be launching the Sonata sedan in Australia as Hyundai i45 in the 2nd quarter of 2010. Since Sonata has adopted Hyundai’s European nomenclature, it will be known as Hyundai i45 on the continent “Down Under”.

The all-new Hyundai i45 features Hyundai’s brand-new styling approach called the “fluidic sculpture”. It has got modern powertrain technology and new luxury features. In spite of all this jazz, Hyundai i45 be your one of the best values for money.

According to Hyundai, the mid-size sedan i45 has the same technical specifications as the Sonata sedan launched in the US. The i45 is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission mated to new 2.4L Petrol Direct Injection (GDI) four-cylinder engine. It also offers the best-in-segment fuel economy ratings and provides class-leading safety features for the driver and passengers.

So what is it that makes the i45 different from the Sonata? Nothing apart from the location where Hyundai builds them. While the US-spec Sonata is manufactured at the Hyundai plant in Alabama, the one to be launched in Australia are built at Hyundai’s plant in South Korea.

“We are very excited to be launching the all-new Hyundai i45 mid-sized sedan in Australia in the coming months, said Oliver Mann, managing director at Hyundai Motor Company Australia. “The all-new Sonata is already breaking sales records at its home South Korean market and receiving awards in the U.S. market, so the all-new i45 sedan is also expected to make a considerable impact in the competitive Australian mid-sized segment.”

Source: Carazoo.com

Top Bottom