Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Launched (Coverage: Pg.2)

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Launched in 2013 as a replacement for the hugely popular i10, the Hyundai Grand i10 is marching towards the end of its life cycle. These set of spyshots which emerged from South Korea confirms that the next gen Hyundai Grand i10 is in advanced stage of development and looks set to make its world debut sometime next year.

The prototype, although fully concealed, looks almost production ready. It appears that the next gen hatchback features a slightly longer wheelbase compared to the outgoing version. This would mean additional interior space, especially at the rear. The overall length will continue to be under 4 meters so it can take advantage of the small car tax structure.

195.jpg

The next-gen Grand i10 doesn’t look drastically different from its predecessor as far as profile is concerned but we expect the front and rear fascias to be significantly redesigned. An edgy hexagonal grille with chrome outline, peeled back headlamps, sporty bumpers, wider taillights and a reprofiled hatch door are the expected changes.

Going by Hyundai’s trend of model updates, one can expect the interior to be complete revised. The existing Grand i10 itself is a very well equipped hatchback to begin with, so we expect the new one to retain its advantage over rivals in this department.

196.jpg

As far as hardware is concerned, Hyundai engineers may look at lightweighting to improve performance and decrease emissions. The engines are expected to continue in their updated avatars. The current Grand i10 for India comes with a 1.2-litre four-cylinder Kappa petrol engine which is good for 83 PS and 113.6 Nm of torque, and a 1.2 U2 CRDi three-cylinder diesel motor which develops 75 PS and 190 Nm of torque. Standard transmission is a 5-speed manual and the petrol engine can also be had with a 4-speed AT.

197.jpg

198.jpg

Source:

Thread Starter #2

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Hyundai Grand i10 (new gen) spied – Maruti Swift rival launch next year

Hyundai Motors India Limited has announced 8 new products set for launch in the country by 2020. Of these, 5 will be new generation models and one of them is the all new 2019 Hyundai Grand i10, which has now been spied testing for the first time in India.

First launched in 2013, the new Grand i10 received a facelifted variant about two years ago in India and globally. Now, the car maker is working on a new-gen variant, which is based on a new platform and a new chassis.

The prototype spied on test in India looks like a production-ready model. Compared to the current Grand i10 (which probably looks more like the soon to be launched 2018 Santro), new Grand i10 will receive a more sporty design. It will be bigger and wider than current Grand i10, and also feature bigger windows.

The model on test gets redesigned front and rear fascia, a hexagonal grille (inspired by the new-age Hyundai cars, like the 2019 Carlino / baby Creta) which chrome accents, and sporty bumpers. Though the test mule spied in Korea featured projector headlamps with LED DRLs, the India-spec variant on test here features halogen headlamps. Other design changes at the rear include wider tail lamps and new hatch door design. Hyundai will also be adding 15” diamond cut alloy wheels on the top spec model.

Expect interiors to be more spacious than before, with more legroom and headroom. Other features on offer could include leather wrapped steering wheel, new instrument cluster with MID, touchscreen system with Apple Car Play and Android Auto along with reverse camera, navigation.

Engine specifications of 2019 Hyundai Grand i10 have not been detailed, but it is expected to carry forth its same engine lineup as seen on its earlier counterpart. The 1.2 liter, 4 cylinder Kappa petrol engine offers 83 PS power and 113.6 Nm torque mated to a 4 speed automatic. The 1.2 liter U2 CRDi, 3 cylinder diesel engine offers 75 PS power and 190 Nm torque mated to a 5 speed manual.

2019 Hyundai Grand i10 prices are expected to be in the range of Rs 5-8 lakhs. The Grand i10 is currently the second best-selling car in the segment (rival Maruti Swift is the leader) and registers more than 10,000 sales every month. With the new-gen Grand i10, Hyundai would be hoping for added sales upon launch next year.

Source:

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Hyundai Grand i10 spied in Pune – Getting homologated at ARAI?

Hyundai Motors India Limited (HMIL) has a slew of new launches lined up for launch in India. These include a new Santro hatchback which will launch on 23rd October 2018, a new Grand i10, set for launch in early 2019, while the company is also known to be working on a sub 4 meter SUV (codenamed QXi) which will take on the Maruti Brezza and Tata Nexon in terms of competition.

Speaking of the Hyundai Grand i10, which has been spied once again on test. This time, the car was spotted by Sarthak Shewale, who has shared the images on Facebook Group Rushlane Spylane. The car is seen in production ready format, and is believed to be undergoing test by ARAI for homologation purpose.

The upcoming hatchback will replace the current Grand i10. It will sport the latest version of the Hyundai’s signature cascading grille. It will get a clamshell hood, raked nose and will be seen with a rising shoulder line. The Hyundai Grand i10 will also receive large windows, sharp headlamp designs and dual tone precision cut 15” alloy wheels.

Interiors will also see some changes and one can expect a multi function steering wheel, new instrument cluster with MID and automatic climate controls. It will also receive rear AC vents and a cooled glove box. Its new floating touchscreen infotainment system will support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with reverse camera and navigation.

The new Grand i10 will come in with added safety features with all variants to receive driver airbag, ABS, reverse parking sensors and speed alert system along with seat belt warning for front passengers which are a part of the new Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program (BNVSAP) safety regulations to come into effect on 1 October 2018.

Hyundai Grand i10 could get its power via the same engine lineup seen on its earlier counterpart. The 1.2 liter, 4 cylinder Kappa petrol engine offers 83 PS power and 113.6 nm torque mated to a 4 speed automatic transmission. The 1.2 liter U2 CRDi, 3 cylinder diesel engine offers 75 PS power and 190 Nm torque mated to a 5 speed manual. Set to rival market leader Maruti Swift, the new Hyundai Grand i10 could be priced between Rs 5-8 lakhs.

Source:

Thread Starter #4

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Grand i10 now gets dual airbags, ABS and EBD across all variants.

2017-Hyundai-Grand-i10-Video-Review.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Safety Features

– Grand i10 will now come with dual front airbags
– It will get ABS with EBD as standard
– Grand i10 price may increase a bit

Read:

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Hyundai Grand i10 spied doing high speed test at 130 kmph

Hyundai India is readying the third generation Grand i10; which will launch in India sometime in 2019. Spied testing alongside the Maruti WagonR earlier this month, the car has now been spied once again. This time doing high speed testing on highway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpUASxgmrTQ#action=share

Read:

After the new Santro Launch, Hyundai has to bring a new character to this car. Else most of its sales will be eaten by Santro. Any distinct visual differentiator is going to be a good step.

Thread Starter #7

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Hyundai Grand i10 Launch Expected In August In India

2019-hyundai-grand-i10-e1534679108230-1-1068x572.jpg

Hyundai has commenced work on the third generation of Grand i10 and the prototypes have been already spotted in public roads. The company is planning to launch the new Grand i10 in August as most of the Indians buy their new cars during auspicious festival days and last year, Hyundai introduced the Santro hatchback.

2019-Hyundai-Grand-i10-Spied-.jpg

Read:

Thread Starter #8

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Hyundai Grand i10 spotted in mid-tier grade

The 2019 Hyundai Grand i10, which will reportedly launch in October 2019, is being tested extensively on the Indian roads. Team-BHP forum member TheRajput has posted a new spy shot of the future model, showing its mid-tier grade. Last month, CarDekho had posted its interior spy shots.

next-gen-hyundai-grand-i10-profile-spy-shot-6b5f.jpg

Read:

Thread Starter #9

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2020 Hyundai Grand i10 spied testing

Grand-i10_4.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10, which is known as the i10 in the international markets will soon get a full model replacement. The all-new i10 has been caught testing under heavy camouflage in Europe and it will get an all-new platform. Hyundai is expected to launch the new model in the international markets by the end of this year followed by a launch in India.

Grand-i10_1.jpg

Grand-i10_5.jpg

Read:

Thread Starter #10

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Next-Gen Hyundai i10 Is Bigger and More Spacious; New Infotainment System Spotted

New-Hyundai-i10-interior-spied-5-1068x712.jpeg

Hyundai commenced the road testing of third generation i10 last year in India and now the European model has been spotted in Sweden as part of the cold weather testing. The new i10 is longer and wider than the outgoing model, which will definitely increase space inside the cabin. The European version will be smaller than the India-spec model.

New-Hyundai-i10-interior-spied-696x464.jpg

Read:

Next-Gen Hyundai i10 Is Bigger and More Spacious; New Infotainment System Spotted

View attachment 254833

Hyundai commenced the road testing of third generation i10 last year in India and now the European model has been spotted in Sweden as part of the cold weather testing. The new i10 is longer and wider than the outgoing model, which will definitely increase space inside the cabin. The European version will be smaller than the India-spec model.

View attachment 254834

Read:
Things, the Grand i10 Facelift needs to address compared to the current one:
1. MID
2. Speed Sensing Door Lock
3. Adjustable Front Headrests
4. Projector Headlights
5. DRLs integrated in the Headlights
6. Atleast should provide Rear Defogger from Asta to Magna variants

Thread Starter #12

Nairrk

Honoured Member
All-new Hyundai Grand i10 spied ahead of 2019 launch

The new gen Hyundai Grand i10 has been spied cold weather testing in Europe and abroad aggressively and is expected to launch by late 2019. The car will take on the new Maruti Swift and the facelifted Ford Figo in the Indian market.

2020-Hyundai-Grand-i10-Spyshot-1.jpg

Read:

Thread Starter #13

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Hyundai Grand i10 spied testing on Mumbai – Punt expressway

2019-hyundai-grand-i10-spied-launch-price-pune-mumbai-eway-1.jpg

2019 Hyundai Grand i10 will be positioned on the same platform as the current Santro. It will share its basic shape with its outgoing Grand i10 while feature updates will include new headlamps, LED DRLS and mild tweaks on front and rear bumpers. Earlier spy pics also revealed turn indicators mounted on front fenders as against on ORVMs, seen on its earlier counterpart, a cascading front grille design and new fog lamps encasing on its lower bumper.

2019-hyundai-grand-i10-spied-launch-price-pune-mumbai-eway-2.jpg

Read:

Looking at the spy pics above, I am quite confident that it shares a lot of its design elements and engine from Kia Picanto. Mostly will be offered with a petrol variant only with upgraded 1.2 Kappa Engine that meets BS-VI emissions. And also comes with a 4-star NCAP rating.
And the interiors also looks the same. And as per the above video, looks like 1.2 NA petrol has more grunt when compared with T-GDI.

Thread Starter #15

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hyundai Grand i10 CNG launched, priced at INR 6.39 lakh

hyundai-grand-i10-8aff.jpg

Hyundai today launched the Grand i10 CNG in India. The CNG option is available in only the Magna trim and costs INR 6,39,000*. A CNG option was already available in the Hyundai Grand i10, but exclusively for fleet operators. The Magna CNG configuration comes at a premium of INR 67,000 over the Magna petrol configuration. The Hyundai Grand i10 CNG runs on a 1.2-litre four-cylinder engine option which churns out 83 PS and 110 Nm of torque running on petrol and 67 PS and 98 Nm of torque running on CNG. The transmission duties are handled by a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Read:

Top Bottom