All-New Honda Civic Launched in India

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Possibly, those prices given can be ex - showroom and not on road as mostly the companies always quote the ex-showroom prices initially..

Nairrk

Honoured Member
All-New Honda Civic Launched in India for Rs 17.69 Lakh, Receives 1100 Bookings

Honda-Civic.jpg

Honda Cars India has finally launched one of the most iconic cars to come out of the Japanese automaker's stable – the Civic. Honda has priced the Civic at Rs 17.69 Lakh (ex-showroom, India) and there are 3 variants to choose from in the petrol version and 2 in the diesel version. The top spec model is priced at Rs 22.29 Lakh (ex-showroom, India). Honda says that the Civic has already received 1100 bookings in 2 weeks.

Read:

When I was purchasing my City back in September, the dealer asked me if I could wait for the Civic, since I was primarily looking at D-segment cars. Now that the Civic has come out, I am thinking about what I have possibly missed:
i) Looks - it certainly looks a segment above the City
ii) Practicality- not sure, I guess its even- in fact rear headroom seems lower than the City. Boot space (430 litres) is definitely lower than the City.
iii) Performance- again, 1.8 litre matched with CVT, vs 1.5 litres for the City. In terms of power/torque to weight ratio, its equal.
iv) Features: a couple more interesting ones like lane camera, AA/ACP support : but is it enough to justify the 7-8 lac?
v) Safety: 6 airbags for the top variants of both cars. ESP is an addition.
Net-Net, I don't think Honda City (ZX) owners are much worse off !

What has happened to the auto makers regarding the pricing of their products ,despite the lagging growth (de growth ) in the sector none of the launches in last 6-9 months have the pricing that can excite the REAL BUYER as for civic late back around 2010 the price difference between city v and civic v was 5 L ( 8.65 vs 13.64 ) and also to remember at that point of time the third gen city was way back in terms of features in comparison to civic , the 3rd gen city didn,t had alloy wheels ,fog lamps, climate control sort of basic things and many more features which civic had , currently city v is not lagging much behind civic in terms of features still the price difference is around 6 L ( both automatic ) that too when this segment is almost dead well i am unable to understand what is the strategy behind offering discount 1 year after launch for a dud product rather increasing price by 1-2 L after a year for a successful model

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Honda Civic gets more than 1,600 bookings in India

6honda-civic-review.jpg

Honda Car India launched the all-new tenth generation of the Civic in the Indian market earlier this month. The Japanese carmaker officially started taking bookings from 15th February 2019 and since then, they have received more than 1,600 bookings in India.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Own a Jazz, City/any Honda car? Get free accessories on purchase of the new Civic!

4honda-civic-review-748x530.jpg

The offer we are talking about is in the form of free accessories, which are available at dealerships when buying your new Civic. However, the offer is only applicable if the buyer exchanges his old Honda for the Civic. There is no official statement from the manufacturer over this scheme and offers may vary from one dealership to another. This can also be seen as a loyalty bonus, albeit attached with the exchange offer. This offers sweetens the deal a bit for buyers looking towards buying the new Honda Civic.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Honda Civic Receives 2400 Bookings In 40 Days

svhgulbg_honda-civic-march-2019_650x400_07_March_19.jpg

The Honda Civic was introduced back into India after a gap of 7 years and though the company skipped a generation for the Indian market, the badge is finally back and it's come to reclaim lost glory. In fact, it's off to a great start, Honda Car India has confirmed to carandbike that the sedan has already received over 2400 bookings. While it may be a small number, it's quite a good one for the overall sales in the segment for the past 5 months. The 2400 bookings for the Civic were received in just 40 days and well, that's just shows how well the customers have responded to the badge.

Read:

I honestly feel Civic is not at all worth the money it is asking. After the initial hoopla is over, expect good discounts. City makes much more sense than this.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Honda Civic BS6 Diesel Bookings Open Ahead Of Launch

honda-civic-diesel.jpg

Honda Cars India has now commenced the bookings for the BSVI diesel version of the Civic. The 1.6-litre i-DTEC four-cylinder diesel engine in its BSIV specification pumped out 118 bhp at 4,000 rpm and 300 Nm of peak torque at 2,000 rpm. The updated version will likely produce same power and torque outputs along with the segment-best fuel efficiency of 26.8 kmpl.

It will be mated to only a six-speed manual transmission as a nine-speed automatic unit could be deemed too expensive. We do expect Honda to officially launch the BSVI Civic in the coming days with notable increase in pricing and it can be reserved through dealerships or without any hassle, online.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Honda Civic Diesel BS6 Launched In India; Prices Start At ₹ 20.75 Lakh

vqmo5jfc_honda-civic-diesel-bs6_625x300_09_July_20.jpg

Honda Cars India has launched the BS6 compliant version of the Civic diesel in the country. The updated Honda Civic Diesel BS6 is priced from ₹ 20.75 lakh for the VX trim, going up to ₹ 22.35 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom Delhi) for the range-topping ZX trim. Compared to the BS4 models, the VX trim has seen a price hike of ₹ 20,000 while prices for the ZX trim remain the same. The diesel variants of the sedan were pulled off the market in April this year with the transition to BS6 norms but the engine has now been upgraded to meet the new regulations and will be sold alongside the petrol model.

Read:

Top Bottom