All-New Honda Amaze Now Launched (Coverage: Pg.2)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Next Gen Honda Amaze To Debut in 2018

Friends,

We attended today the launch of the 2018 Honda Amaze at Delhi. The new Honda Amaze has been launched at an Introductory Price of Rs. 5.59 Lacs (Ex-Showroom). Here is the Official Coverage by The Automotive India of the launch.

20180516_123140.jpg

20180516_123203.jpg

20180516_130119.jpg

IMG_3920.JPG

20180516_130956.jpg

IMG_3923.JPG

IMG_3925.JPG

IMG_3926.JPG

IMG_3927.JPG

IMG_3928.JPG

Re: Next Gen Honda Amaze To Debut in 2018

The petrol Manual variants are priced quite close to the Dzire, however, Dzire takes the cake in terms of Automatic variants, where there is a significant difference in Dzire AMT variants vs the Amaze CVT variant. Though, the price difference is justified taking into consideration that CVT is a more expensive technology, however, a layman may see both of them as a petrol automatic that is fuel efficient and compare them based on that.

When the price difference between the AMT and MT variant in Dzire is 46k for both petrol and diesel, its 90k for petrol and 80k for diesel when you compare the same variant in Amaze CVT and MT.

The Amaze Diesel MT variants are also priced a littler higher than the Dzire, which can be justified taking into consideration the better output figures from the Honda Diesel engine. Overall, with this pricing, I do think that Amaze will regain the lost market, and would help Honda regain its market position which it lost this month. After torque converter automatics, CVT has been one of the most reliable technologies for automatics in India, and it has performed better than the AMT, which has seen quite a few cases of quick clutch wear. The Amaze Diesel AMT, does seem worth the money. The pricing is much better as compared to the VW Ameo DSG, however, I do not think the Amaze Diesel CVT would attract many enthusiasts with the lowered power and torque figures.

One thing Honda should have worked on was to add the Cruise Control on the diesel CVT variant. As the CVT is not available on the top variant, it is missing out on Cruise control, which is a better fit on automatics.

Did a Test drive of New Amaze diesel top end yesterday. Here is my brief experience about this car.

We have a old amaze in our family which is 4 year old and doing quite well, but found few short comings in the same. So read my review based on my experience of old Amaze diesel.

Things of my liking in New Amaze :
- The new look front and rear both
- The new interiors along with steering wheel, controls mounted and the entire dash
- Seating position, easy ingress & egress, seat adjustments
- Steering wheel adjustments and steering wheel feedback
- Head room in driving position
- Gear is sleek and easy accessable
- Rear seat thigh support and space even the front seat pushed back completely
- Head room in rear(I am 5'10")
- Powerful engine, no lag whatsoever
- Steering feel is pretty good while driving and nicely weighs up once you catch up speeds
- Seating comfort is really very good when compared to the older version
- Ground clearance is good and car body untouched on any of the speed breakers. This is a great development from old version
- Suspension looks to be stiffer being a new car I feel and the tyre pressures seems higher but car is super stable at 120-120 speeds which was not the case with the old version
- Doors and body built is improved a lot which you can feel while closing and opening the doors
- Boot is very specious and shark-fin antenna i liked
- 15" wheels from S variant is plus to the car
- ABS+EBD works quite well on hard braking

Have not found any disliking in the car so far..

Over quite impressed with the car and a really good buy whoever looking for a sedan and affordable(8.8L for S variant with all the essential features) and with Honda reliability.

Honda has maximum booking for their diesel with auto box and it surely is across nation.Confirmed with few dealers and all having the same kind of bookings.Seems finally honda heard and is seeing this slurge with diesel + auto.

I think Honda is losing out on an oppourtunity by not launching the CVT on the top end version. The top end version has Cruise control, with which the autobox is an awesome combination. With new highways like the eastern peripheral expressway coming up, the autobox and cruise control combination would be great to have. I hope its just to keep the introductory pricing low,and they would launch the top end varaint with autobox soon.

Finally decided to book New Amaze.

Though have couple of queries :-
Before booking itself, SA had allotted us Red VX MT i-dtec. According to him it was cancelled as customer had failed to pay. SA also said it landed in stockyard today itself.
I smell something is wrong as :-
1) Why will dealer offer a person who haven’t booked it?
2) Are they expecting to pay full amount before the car lands up? Also IMHO it takes at max 4-5 days for car to reach stockyard whereas the limit for payment is 10 days.
I have told them I will do PDI myself at their stockyard, though is it wise to hold on and pay a premium (Price Hike) and tell them to book Amaze in my first preferred colour?

Drove a New Amaze diesel V CVT yesterday. I have already listed my experience with new Amaze, so I just talk about the experience of driving a CVT.

- Its really impressive with its great pick up and power delivery and no rubber band effect at all
- using the pedals is so easy and its real bliss in city driving, dead pedal is so useful
- noise is well dampened and its really good to drive
- the SA said it can deliver a highway FE of 23 if driven in eco mode and 18kmpl in city, so a good number to hear
- Its really worth at that price of 10.6L on road Hyderabad.

I smell something is wrong as :-
1) Why will dealer offer a person who haven’t booked it?
2) Are they expecting to pay full amount before the car lands up? Also IMHO it takes at max 4-5 days for car to reach stockyard whereas the limit for payment is 10 days.
I have told them I will do PDI myself at their stockyard, though is it wise to hold on and pay a premium (Price Hike) and tell them to book Amaze in my first preferred colour?
Hey GautamJ,

Are you getting any discounts on the Amaze VX MT Red that the dealership is offering you? Even if you're getting discounts, a proper PDI should reveal the story. If not, my suggestion is to wait and book the colour you prefer. Either way, barring the booking amount, we're safe unless we don't pay a single penny before the PDI.

Cheers!

Hey GautamJ,

Are you getting any discounts on the Amaze VX MT Red that the dealership is offering you? Even if you're getting discounts, a proper PDI should reveal the story. If not, my suggestion is to wait and book the colour you prefer. Either way, barring the booking amount, we're safe unless we don't pay a single penny before the PDI.

Cheers!
Thank you Sirji for suggesting.
We bargained hard so getting similar discount on accessories for our preferred colour. Decided to go ahead and wait for Orchid Pearl White. Only downside being the waiting period and no price protection.

Top Bottom