All New Ford Fiesta Ownership Review (My New Friend)

I'm not asking about the specs. I want to know about the real world experience. Is it good on the humongous speed breakers that our roads have?
i did not have any issues over it. there are some speed breakers inside our campus wherein it is really high than the usual level. but still i dont have any issues. [:)]

Thread Starter #107
Nice review mate! Can you please tell me about the ground clearance of Fiesta?
Thank you. Not much of a problem with speed breakers unless it is very unusual. In the last two years, it might have touched 2-3 times that too with 5 people onboard and with big luggage in boot.

Hi Friends,

After two years of pleasant journey with my friend, now I would like to change my stock speakers with additional sub-woofer and amplifier. I checked couple of vendors in south Bangalore and one of the dealers gave me the below combination for 36K. Can any of you help me whether its the right choice/combination? Happy to provide if you need any additional details.

Focal Component speakers - Front
Focal Coaxial speakers - Rear
Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp &
Rockford Fosgate Sub-woofer

I too hope this will help others who are looking to change their stock speakers.

Thanks

My friend's latest pics on 2nd anniversary!!!

Attachments

My friend's latest pics on 2nd anniversary!!!
Superb pics looks smart and SPORTY, I still ilke the FACT that FIESTA/Ecosport are the only car that shouts sportiness in design, at least they are different from he ever rolling classic designs of other brands that has become too stale and too common to my eye

@msjawahar
One question, which car the Figo or Fiesta has scraped ground more,

Figo has scrapped the ground more. Ive experienced it lot of times inside our Technopark campus in some speed breakers despite being very careful. But the fact is the car was filled with 5 passengers including the driver.[roll]

@msjawahar
One question, which car the Figo or Fiesta has scraped ground more,

Here is a latest video of my friend in action (thought of taking video several times but finally happened last week). Look at awesome view of alloys at the end (as if not moving). Looks like I can't post video here, so here is the link...

My Ford Fiesta in Action - YouTube
The road was pretty good,it would have been awesome if a handbrake drift was possible[;)]
And the fiesta looks dynamic like an extrems machine those new alloys accentuate the sportiness superbly

Thread Starter #112
Some bad news!!!

I couldn't take my friend out for last 15 days as I was not in station and when I tried to start today, it didn't start. Infact, my key didn't work. Called up Cauvery Ford service and the guy said its a battery problem and he replaced with stop gap battery so that he can charge it fully and check whether replacement needed. He confirmed again that even after charging for 12 hours it is not taking the power. So, he advised me to replace the stock Motorcraft battery with same brand for Rs.7,500.

I am still thinking whether to go for Motorcraft or Amaron, etc which gives more warranty years. I am surprised that stock battery gave me only two years life [frustration]

Any suggestions please??

Thanks

350Z

Core Team
The starting problem may be due to the starter.I faced the same and it was replaced by ford free of cost. My fiesta completed 40000 kms and still it feels like brand new. Some small small issues are coming, but after test driving the New Honda City , I realised the fact that Fiesta is far far better to drive.

Some bad news!!!

I couldn't take my friend out for last 15 days as I was not in station and when I tried to start today, it didn't start. Infact, my key didn't work. Called up Cauvery Ford service and the guy said its a battery problem and he replaced with stop gap battery so that he can charge it fully and check whether replacement needed. He confirmed again that even after charging for 12 hours it is not taking the power. So, he advised me to replace the stock Motorcraft battery with same brand for Rs.7,500.

I am still thinking whether to go for Motorcraft or Amaron, etc which gives more warranty years. I am surprised that stock battery gave me only two years life [frustration]

Any suggestions please??

Thanks
99% its a battery issue, My swift battery that came with the car died exactly in 2 years. I replaced it with Exide (big size which usually comes in indigo's) that costed me 5,000/- upon exchange. After 2 and half years it died again. And I was not able to start the car. Same like your situation, left it un-attended for a week. Again I spent 5k and got a new battery (same one). Now my car is in 6th year, and I know that I have to change my car's battery by this year end. According to my experience, instead of buying the expensive 10,000/- rupee battery (exide small) which was suggested by MSIL(with 5 year warranty). That may die in 2 years or more. I prefer spending spending 5k every 2.5 years which comes with 3yr warranty. My car has stuff like JVC touch screen audio and sound system. And I also do use a lot of A/C and lights. All you need to do, check the specifications of the battery, make sure it fits in the tray and measure the voltage with a Multi-meter to check whether the replaced battery meets your cars required voltage specifications, its that simple! [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #116
I asked old battery back from service centre (after charging) so that I can exchange old battery with new one (selected amaron DIN65 bigger size model) as I don't want to buy from Ford. They returned and asked me to check for 2-3 days and then go for replacement. Luckily its working even after 5 days (still fingers crossed). I think the old battery JUST needs charging which is done now and working well.

Thread Starter #117
Hi Friends,
First, really sorry for not being around for long time.
Some updates with my friend -
1) 4th service in Mar15 at 28023 kms costed me Rs.6,916/-. Normal service with no issues, just replacement of filters, etc.
2) Battery gone bad and had to replace it with 65AH Amaron in place of stock battery of 60AH because, I wanted the battery to fit properly. Other brands 60AH are regular size but the stock battery was bigger in size. So I had to replace with 65AH to fit in that place. It costed me 5,200 (after buyback of old battery).
3) Now it is 32739 kms and latest pics attached.
4) Mileage is 17kmpl in city and 22 on highways (AC on all the time).
I will try to update this thread more often than before :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Friends,
First, really sorry for not being around for long time.
Some updates with my friend -
1) 4th service in Mar15 at 28023 kms costed me Rs.6,916/-. Normal service with no issues, just replacement of filters, etc.
2) Battery gone bad and had to replace it with 65AH Amaron in place of stock battery of 60AH because, I wanted the battery to fit properly. Other brands 60AH are regular size but the stock battery was bigger in size. So I had to replace with 65AH to fit in that place. It costed me 5,200 (after buyback of old battery).
3) Now it is 32739 kms and latest pics attached.
4) Mileage is 17kmpl in city and 22 on highways (AC on all the time).
I will try to update this thread more often than before :)
How is the service quality there, satisfactory,good,or,excellent?
About the tyres, which size and which company, and how has it fared so far?
How does the interior plastics resist wear and tear, lot of people critisized Fiestas interior quality specially in looks department felt cheap, etc, I personally felt it built super tough,but again to take an opinion, has it fared well like all other cars in segement, or has it started fading of colour,squeaks,etc?

Thread Starter #119
How is the service quality there, satisfactory,good,or,excellent?
About the tyres, which size and which company, and how has it fared so far?
How does the interior plastics resist wear and tear, lot of people critisized Fiestas interior quality specially in looks department felt cheap, etc, I personally felt it built super tough,but again to take an opinion, has it fared well like all other cars in segement, or has it started fading of colour,squeaks,etc?
Service is good. But almost all service centers don't care much about cleaning/body wash and hence you won't get you car looking perfect and shiny. They use dirty cloth to clean and it makes more swirl marks. I complained couple of times but no use. So, I stopped getting body wash from them. I think its one of the reasons for my friend to look as good as new (you might have seen in the latest pics posted above).
Tyres are 65% of its life I think. Its Goodyear Eagle NCT - 195/60R15 (stock tyres).
Interiors are perfect. I will post the latest pics to tell more about that.

Top Bottom