All New Ford Fiesta Ownership Review (My New Friend)

I seriously don't have any idea on how much coolant content to be used in petrol cars bro, Especially Ford petrol engines are sophisticated so I don't play games with it!
But one thing I can safely tell you is, if you use coolant content slightly more than water content, it wont do any harm. For me, 70:30 ratio worked in all diesel engines that I have owned so I can guarantee that there is no harm in it, but I have never experimented this on a petrol engine. Our coolants are mostly water based & they are not anti-freeze. Having more chemical content will protect the internal system.

And I highly recommend that you replace your coolant every 20,000kms and always use Ford recommended or German coolants like WURTH, but never use servo or MAK that are available at local petrol pumps. Some people use tap water which corrodes the system over a period of time.

I replaced my swift water pump at 60K since it was leaking, those water pumps that came with car in the year 2009 has a design flaw. And also due to bad coolant quality, leakage has occurred due to corrosion at a very early stage.( I used local coolants to top up :stupid: ) Even Maruthi uses good coolants, the company is called Golden Cruiser.

Here is the pic of the replaced water pump,

To your left is the new rectified water-pump that has been sealed & to the right is the water-pump that was leaking from the brown cork like thing.

View attachment 123320

It costed me 2555/- incl. of taxes [:)] . It is a delight to own a Maruthi, spares are cheap & the part was replaced in 2 hrs top.

View attachment 123321
Well my car is still 15k I have 5k more to cross to do a coolant change, and I too dont trust SERVO or MAX have got bad experience before with a Swift where the oil gets dried up too easily , I dont know what Ford uses but will try your ratio maybe not 70:30 but 60:40 at first
About water pump, car needs to be hydraulically lifted up to remove water pump right?
Another thing is the fan belt that Maruti uses is of really low quality,Ford is better but still not the best, it easily wears off and gets replaced in most Marutis every 25k kms, dont know how its faring in Fords as Figo is my first Ford

Well my car is still 15k I have 5k more to cross to do a coolant change, and I too dont trust SERVO or MAX have got bad experience before with a Swift where the oil gets dried up too easily , I dont know what Ford uses but will try your ratio maybe not 70:30 but 60:40 at first
About water pump, car needs to be hydraulically lifted up to remove water pump right?
Another thing is the fan belt that Maruti uses is of really low quality,Ford is better but still not the best, it easily wears off and gets replaced in most Marutis every 25k kms, dont know how its faring in Fords as Figo is my first Ford
That's what I have in my mind bro 60:40 [thumbsup]. Yes, the car has to be lifted to remove the water pump. But coming to the belt, I never had any problem with it, though my mechanic said that my belt is still in good shape, I changed it at 75,000kms for my swift as a preventive measure, while changing the timing chain & the tensioner (I still have the old belt). I cannot say that Maruthi uses a low quality belt nor Ford , because I haven't changed my Ford's timing belt & dynamo belt until 80,000 kms, after that I changed it as a preventive measure. And coming to the radiator fan, I changed it at 75,000 kms since bearings were gone & it was sounding very high (typical Ford's fan sound), I replaced it with a swift diesel radiator fan & it was super silent. But be careful with your fan bro, when you hear that bearing sound it is advisable to change the fan immediately. Coming to the Ecoboost engines timing belt, it is no where close to poor quality. The belt is inside the engine & it gets dipped in the oil while engine is running, Ford says that it has a very long life. According to my personal experience, they do not use low quality belts. May be you might have encountered a defective or duplicate product.

Last edited:
That's what I have in my mind bro 60:40 [thumbsup]. Yes, the car has to be lifted to remove the water pump. But coming to the belt, I never had any problem with it, though my mechanic said that my belt is still in good shape, I changed it at 75,000kms for my swift as a preventive measure, while changing the timing chain & the tensioner (I still have the old belt). I cannot say that Maruthi uses a low quality belt nor Ford , because I haven't changed my Ford's timing belt & dynamo belt until 80,000 kms, after that I changed it as a preventive measure. And coming to the radiator fan, I changed it at 75,000 kms since bearings were gone & it was sounding very high (typical Ford's fan sound), I replaced it with a swift diesel radiator fan & it was super silent. But be careful with your fan bro, when you hear that bearing sound it is advisable to change the fan immediately. Coming to the Ecoboost engines timing belt, it is no where close to poor quality. The belt is inside the engine & it gets dipped in the oil while engine is running, Ford says that it has a very long life. According to my personal experience, they do not use low quality belts. May be you might have encountered a defective or duplicate product.
Ford Ecoboost timing belt is a different story its made to last, but here the service centers near my area I think they are using cheap belts for the car, I have no idea about Fords but Swifts what they use wore off in a lot of Swifts I know,maybe the local service center guys take the good new belt and put up an old one, not all are looking under the bonnet often right!
I will have an ear on the radiator fans sound, thanks bro for the info, I know it gets noisy in most engines but didnt know that its better to get it replaces as soon as possible

Ford Ecoboost timing belt is a different story its made to last, but here the service centers near my area I think they are using cheap belts for the car, I have no idea about Fords but Swifts what they use wore off in a lot of Swifts I know,maybe the local service center guys take the good new belt and put up an old one, not all are looking under the bonnet often right!
I will have an ear on the radiator fans sound, thanks bro for the info, I know it gets noisy in most engines but didnt know that its better to get it replaces as soon as possible
Actually these belts are mostly made by a single company bro, It's manufacturers choice to pick which company. So Maruthi's belt going off at 25k doesn't sound right to me. It's may be the dealership guys who is doing something wrong or it may be the owner who is racing with his car all the time.

It is very important to keep an eye on the radiator fan, when the car is getting old, you need to keep an eye on temperature gauge. Most of the Fiesta owners ended up disliking Ford due to blown up Head gasket. Sometimes fan won't run due to a simple fuse or a sensor problem. When they don't keep an eye on temp gauge, they end up with a blown up head. And Ford's Fan is not cheap, but it gives you a lot of piece of mind. Usually they won't go kaput very early, but you should be cautious about the bearing sound which usually occurs at around 70k kms depending upon the usage. The fan comes with a temp sensor, while changing the fan as a safety measure check for any cuts in the wire or rat bites & make sure the fuse is in good shape. If you do that, your car is good to go for another 70k kms [:D].

Last edited:
Actually these belts are mostly made by a single company bro, It's manufacturers choice to pick which company. So Maruthi's belt going off at 25k doesn't sound right to me. It's may be the dealership guys who is doing something wrong or it may be the owner who is racing with his car all the time.

It is very important to keep an eye on the radiator fan, when the car is getting old, you need to keep an eye on temperature gauge. Most of the Fiesta owners ended up disliking Ford due to blown up Head gasket. Sometimes fan won't run due to a simple fuse or a sensor problem. When they don't keep an eye on temp gauge, they end up with a blown up head. And Ford's Fan is not cheap, but it gives you a lot of piece of mind. Usually they won't go kaput very early, but you should be cautious about the bearing sound which usually occurs at around 70k kms depending upon the usage. The fan comes with a temp sensor, while changing the fan as a safety measure check for any cuts in the wire or rat bites & make sure the fuse is in good shape. If you do that, your car is good to go for another 70k kms [:D].
Of course the Maruti owner was a bit of a boy racer and always did stop light drag races , well as you have said the major problem would have been of the dealer
Thanks a lot on the radiator fan info buddy,will keep an eye on that for sure, how about the AC, I have heard that some AC complaints after say 70k kms, and the solution they do is either change compressor or refill the cooling liquid or something which is not that costly but the compressor is quiet expensive, Have you had any problem with AC even after 70 k kms?

Of course the Maruti owner was a bit of a boy racer and always did stop light drag races , well as you have said the major problem would have been of the dealer
Thanks a lot on the radiator fan info buddy,will keep an eye on that for sure, how about the AC, I have heard that some AC complaints after say 70k kms, and the solution they do is either change compressor or refill the cooling liquid or something which is not that costly but the compressor is quiet expensive, Have you had any problem with AC even after 70 k kms?
In Ford, AC is the best. Most AC failures occur due to temperature variations. I haven't changed the compressor nor replaced the AC gas. I just get my AC serviced every 2 years from my friendly neighborhood AC guy, who is an expert. He does AC works for Beemers & Mercs. People prefer Automatic climate control instead of manual, but AC problems creep up more in ACC.

And you shouldn't switch on the AC while the car is engaged in a gear & moving. Because there will be sudden load on the car. I Suggest pressing the clutch & then ON the AC.

And while you switch off the AC after usage, you should atleast leave the blowers on for 30 secs to bring the pipes to normal temperature.

The reason why I said ACC will encounter more problems because the entire unit is electronic. If you want to blow the air to your windshield or your legs you manually twist the AC nob, but incase of ACC everything is motorised & there are every chances of failure of this unit which is expensive to replace.

One more thumb rule is we shouldnt fluctuate the temperature from cold to hot & hot to cold. It is always safest to leave the AC temperature to the coldest. But in ACC we have a habbit of playing with temp gauge sometimes 19c sometimes we adjust it to 23c due to these changes, Hot water has to mix to get the desired temperature you wanted. These temperatures variations will cause Leakages in AC pipes & sometimes leakages in the coil itself. This would cause AC to fail.

As long as there are no leakages & as long as you clean your AC compressor & replace your AC filters regularly nothing needs to be done. AC gas is for life !

Hello all, Have one doubt, Dashboard color theme of titanium and Style variants looks different ? from many pictures in net, Dash of Titanium looks more bluish , but Style variant looks bit dull.
so if you have idea could you please let me know about difference in interiors of style and titanium variants

Thread Starter #98
its a very nice review of Fiesta Style D. i have already shortlisted to book Fiesta.

Ive got some questions

1. Overall howz the rear seat comfort compared with other cars ?
2. did you install USB like the one they do in Figo ?
3. whats the maintenance bill you get for normal service ? cost of spares

please reply.
Hi Jawahar,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Here it is...

1. Overall howz the rear seat comfort compared with other cars ? Its good and better than Verna.

2. did you install USB like the one they do in Figo ? No, I installed K-II reverse parking camera with sensors which got USB for audio n video.

3. whats the maintenance bill you get for normal service ? cost of spares - Not much compared to same segment cars. What I heard from Ford is that they have adopted "Child Part Strategy" which helps to replace only the small parts instead of whole big part and thereby reduces the cost. My cost for 1st service - zero; 2nd service - 2K+ and 3rd service - 6k+ because of oil and filter change, etc.

Do let me know if you need any other info and will be happy to answer.

Harish,

Could you let me know about current update about mileage , maintenance
and wanted to know about engine refinement, As i booked same 1.5d style model
but i didnt testdriven diesel model. so is the Diesel engine much noisy ? is it audible much inside cabin ?
Hi Sudi,

I know its very late but here my reply...

Mileage is 15 in city with full AC on and 22-23 in highway. This is the same mileage am getting consistently. Engine refinement is very good. You don't hear the noise inside cabin. As others said, you feel like you are inside of a petrol car.

Thank you @msjawahar
I will try to drive it in less than 2000rpm and im really happy for getting fiesta.
Regards for ur ride and wish u many safe miles ahead.
I have a problem with child safety lock system even if i lock it by rotating it still it is unlocking from inside anyone having similar problem with child lock?[confused]
@rnharish has mentioned as he installed USB in his style model,so im keen to know where he installed it? How it looks? So rnharish please send some pics.
Hi Asif,

It is fixed on the mirror inside. It is K-II brand with reverse camera, sensors, Radio and USB for audio and video. Will post the pics soon.

Update on completing 18000 Kms after third service:

Last week my friend went for 3rd service after completing 18000kms (actually it is due at 20000kms but it is one year from the 2nd service). Total bill is Rs.6,193 which includes engine oil, filter, AC filter, service cost, wheel balancing and alignment, etc.

Mileage as usual, 15 in city and 23 on long drives.

No problems what so ever (touchwood) before and after service. I completely love my friend and the pleasure it gives me on drive. I feel am in cockpit when am behind the steering wheel and many of my friends second that as they also feel the same.

Will try to update it more frequently hence forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats great. mileage is ok in the city but in long drive its awesome. the total bill for the service is normal compared with city/vento/rapid/verna.

my fiesta is waiting for her 2nd service. now it has clocked 6200 kms. planning to take it to the service in 8000 kms

1. Since i drive 99% of the time, not sure how the rear seat comfort is. But my family members say they are ok with it. [lol].

2. I have asked the service advisors in three different dealers, they said it cannot be done like they did in Figo. I have bought a Philips Pocket MP3 player and connected it in Aux. It sounds awesome.

3. The first service cost is Zero. Yet to take it to the second service. My friend who has the fiesta told me that it never crossed 6000 in his 4 service schedules.

The AC is really powerful. As we have a figo at home, the AC of figo is really powerful.

overall im happy with the car. quite recently i got a error in the display 'ENGINE MALFUNCTION. TAKE IT TO THE SERVICE CENTER.' When i took it there they were unable to get the error. But the car did not go in LIMP or SAFE mode. I told this to the sales executive who is my friend. He enquired it with a engineer in Ford. He said if there is a minute dirt in fuel it may occur. Anyways, im planning to update the ECU by the second service.

Could you PM me your contact number. Just want to speak with you reg the K-II brand. If possible please post the pics.

Hi Jawahar,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Here it is...

1. Overall howz the rear seat comfort compared with other cars ? Its good and better than Verna.

2. did you install USB like the one they do in Figo ? No, I installed K-II reverse parking camera with sensors which got USB for audio n video.

3. whats the maintenance bill you get for normal service ? cost of spares - Not much compared to same segment cars. What I heard from Ford is that they have adopted "Child Part Strategy" which helps to replace only the small parts instead of whole big part and thereby reduces the cost. My cost for 1st service - zero; 2nd service - 2K+ and 3rd service - 6k+ because of oil and filter change, etc.

Do let me know if you need any other info and will be happy to answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Since i drive 99% of the time, not sure how the rear seat comfort is. But my family members say they are ok with it. [lol].

2. I have asked the service advisors in three different dealers, they said it cannot be done like they did in Figo. I have bought a Philips Pocket MP3 player and connected it in Aux. It sounds awesome.

3. The first service cost is Zero. Yet to take it to the second service. My friend who has the fiesta told me that it never crossed 6000 in his 4 service schedules.

The AC is really powerful. As we have a figo at home, the AC of figo is really powerful.

overall im happy with the car. quite recently i got a error in the display 'ENGINE MALFUNCTION. TAKE IT TO THE SERVICE CENTER.' When i took it there they were unable to get the error. But the car did not go in LIMP or SAFE mode. I told this to the sales executive who is my friend. He enquired it with a engineer in Ford. He said if there is a minute dirt in fuel it may occur. Anyways, im planning to update the ECU by the second service.

Could you PM me your contact number. Just want to speak with you reg the K-II brand. If possible please post the pics.
Ecu upgrade really, that would be awesome,

Hii @msjawahar have you got your turbo problem verified?
Did Kairlai Ford address the issue?
they had checked the turbo based on some checklist which was send by ford and found nothing. ECU is updated now and im doing some trials where i used to get the error. but till now its fine. They feel it is related to software, as if there is any problem related to turbo car will be in LIMP mode. anyways, awaiting for some good results. Overall i felt Kairali ford is better than Akshaya Ford, may be it was my first time. [lol]

Top Bottom