All New Ford Fiesta Ownership Review (My New Friend)

Indian

See that car pics man, it is TDCI means a diesel one, so that city mileage is not a surprise on new fiesta as we also have one in office

Hi , very nice review , I was in confusion whether to buy verna 1.6SX , vento highline , scoda rapid and new fiesta. After reading this thread and outside reviews I decided to buy new fiesta titanium plus diesel (clearly stands out compare to all other segment cars).
Got very good deal from cavery fords (dealer Dayanand) and accessories too (ford car cover and arm rest , initially was hesitating to give since it costs 15k (really??) ).

Car delivery is today , I am very excited...

Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
its a very nice review of Fiesta Style D. i have already shortlisted to book Fiesta.

Ive got some questions

1. Overall howz the rear seat comfort compared with other cars ?
2. did you install USB like the one they do in Figo ?
3. whats the maintenance bill you get for normal service ? cost of spares

please reply.

I am very happy to see a Fiesta review on TAI [:)]. Excellent review, I hope that you both would become best friends in years to come. I sold my Fiesta last year. And I would like to tell you guys that it's an absolute drivers car & a reliable beast.
image.jpg

Sorry for the bad image quality, It was taken from my cell phone. I am sharing this picture to let you guys know that this car is a 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI & I have driven more than 96,000 kms without breaking a sweat. Despite having very less bhp it's still a very torquey engine. And Yeah, it's very reliable when taken good care of it [:)].

@ msjawahar spare parts are not that expensive & at the same time they don't come cheap.My Fiesta's spare part costs are slightly more expensive when compared with Swift Diesel (For ex:- timing belt costs 1100/- incl.taxes) & coming to the new Fiesta, the spare parts costs will be cheaper than cars like VW vento/Skoda Rapid, Honda City, since the engine is completely localised here. I have used semi-synthetic oil for first 60,000 kms from then on I used Mobil 5W-40 (fully synthetic) which costs around 875/- per litre. I needed 3.8 litres to be precise. Overall service bill would come up to 5000/- at the max if I opted for a fully synthetic oil. Maintaining both Engine oil & coolant will give you long lasting engine life. I used to use WURTH coolant in my Fiesta. It is actually a German company which is usually used in cars like BMW. I mix coolant & distilled water in the ratio of 70:30 whereas dealership guys suggested me to use 50:50, because according to our hot Indian weather 70:30 gave me good results maintaining the engine temperatures when continuously travelling for 6hrs with 100% aircon on.Not just Fiesta all my cars are having 70:30 coolant ratio.

And finally I would like to tell you guys a nice technical feature in Diesel Engines that might amuse you, which I came to know during my ownership experience from an expert Ford Mechanic.
There is a small pipe connected to the gearbox which come out into the engine bay, closed with a small pressure cap. It releases the waste gases when pressure & heat builds up. ( Just like a pressure cooker, not so intense though [:D] ). You can see it to the right side when you open the bonnet. That's it from me.

Last edited:
Hi All,

This is my first ever ownership review and excuse me for the long post…

Even though I had plans to get a new car two years back, it’s all started again (seriously) when I changed my office in May 2011. The commuting distance was 14kms a day to old office and I was happily driving my Alto Lxi (bought in 2005). With the new office, it has become 40kms per day and I was not comfortable driving that distance on daily basis in my Alto (this was the excuse to convince my family to get a new car) and also the cost increased multifold. One more strong point in my favour was I can drop & pickup my wife and brother to their offices, on my way so that their commuting cost/time can be saved as well. This was well received by my family and quickly approved for the new car. .....
Harish,

Could you let me know about current update about mileage , maintenance
and wanted to know about engine refinement, As i booked same 1.5d style model
but i didnt testdriven diesel model. so is the Diesel engine much noisy ? is it audible much inside cabin ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Harish,

Could you let me know about current update about mileage , maintenance
and wanted to know about engine refinement, As i booked same 1.5d style model
but i didnt testdriven diesel model. so is the Diesel engine much noisy ? is it audible much inside cabin ?
@sudi i have a Style Diesel. I got it in the 1st week of Nov and now its 2300 KMS in the ODO. Im getting 20 KMPL Mileage by full tank method. The diesel engine is super silent inside the cabin. Believe me, You will feel that you are driving a petrol car. Im much satisfied with Fiesta.

Hi everyone im new to this forum,i got new ford fiesta on December 5th style model diesel for 9.5lakhs On road price,sea grey color with some accessories.
im here to ask few questions all the fiesta owners,
1.how can i install USB in style model as dealer is unable to figure it out what is the price and can you post some pics of your car?
2.reverse parking camera,as i have reverse parking sensors,how the camera will be equipped with its monitor?
3.what is the mileage for your car? As im getting around 16kmpl only,experts please help in this matter.
4.what are the service intervals for diesel fiesta? As i was in hurry while taking delivery of my vehicle i didn't ask the dealer?
5.rear seat head rests are pain to use can i remove them and wanted to add some cusioning to back seat how much it will cost?
please help me with this? I know i have asked so many questions as im new to this forum,im loving my NFF, congrats to everyone who got NFF, @rnharish send some pics of your USB and reverse parking sensors and best regards.[:)] given 5rating to this thread really nice.

@sudi i have a Style Diesel. I got it in the 1st week of Nov and now its 2300 KMS in the ODO. Im getting 20 KMPL Mileage by full tank method. The diesel engine is super silent inside the cabin. Believe me, You will feel that you are driving a petrol car. Im much satisfied with Fiesta.
:agree: I felt exactly the same when I test drove the Fiesta 1.5 TDCI. It is the most silent diesel sedan in the segment.And Ford says that their audio system increases its sound to compensate outside noise, but even without the audio system on, NVH levels are very well controlled I felt as if I was driving a petrol car. Even when I opened the bonnet while the Diesel engine is running, I felt the noise to be a tad lower than other cars in the segment & let me tell you that test drive vehicle which I drove was abused & already driven 15000kms. It has a very punchy torque, a lot more improved in every aspect when compared to older fiesta, But I would like to wait for the 2014 Facelift.

Last edited:
:agree: I felt exactly the same when I test drove the Fiesta 1.5 TDCI. It is the most silent diesel sedan in the segment.And Ford says that their audio system increases its sound to compensate outside noise, but even without the audio system on, NVH levels are very well controlled I felt as if I was driving a petrol car. Even when I opened the bonnet while the Diesel engine is running, I felt the noise to be a tad lower than other cars in the segment & let me tell you that test drive vehicle which I drove was abused & already driven 15000kms. It has a very punchy torque, a lot more improved in every aspect when compared to older fiesta, But I would like to wait for the 2014 Facelift.
Looks like in Malaysia , Facelift is launched, and As ford need to do Cost cutting some where
there is no cruize control, and is coming with white and Black Dual tone interior, which is very difficult to maintain. but one add on liked was rear roof lights.

Video review on fiesta facelift : 2013 Ford Fiesta Titanium Sedan Start-Up and Full Vehicle Tour - YouTube

Hi everyone im new to this forum,i got new ford fiesta on December 5th style model diesel for 9.5lakhs On road price,sea grey color with some accessories.
im here to ask few questions all the fiesta owners,
1.how can i install USB in style model as dealer is unable to figure it out what is the price and can you post some pics of your car?
2.reverse parking camera,as i have reverse parking sensors,how the camera will be equipped with its monitor?
3.what is the mileage for your car? As im getting around 16kmpl only,experts please help in this matter.
4.what are the service intervals for diesel fiesta? As i was in hurry while taking delivery of my vehicle i didn't ask the dealer?
5.rear seat head rests are pain to use can i remove them and wanted to add some cusioning to back seat how much it will cost?
please help me with this? I know i have asked so many questions as im new to this forum,im loving my NFF, congrats to everyone who got NFF, @rnharish send some pics of your USB and reverse parking sensors and best regards.[:)] given 5rating to this thread really nice.
1. i enquired abt this to lots of service engineers. they said its unable to fit USB. So i bought a Philips MP3 Player and connected it to the AUX.
2. If you want to have monitor, u need to remove the existing sensors and add the new sensors which have the camera option.
3. Im now driving it in less than 2000 RPM. Right now im getting 19.5 KMPL with full tank method. Please make sure you are driving in less than 2000 RPM till the 5000 KMS.
4. First service u need to take it at 2500 KMS and the next is at 10,000 and there after at every 10000 kms.
5. Just pull the head rest to top, you can feel some difference.

Thank you @msjawahar
I will try to drive it in less than 2000rpm and im really happy for getting fiesta.
Regards for ur ride and wish u many safe miles ahead.
I have a problem with child safety lock system even if i lock it by rotating it still it is unlocking from inside anyone having similar problem with child lock?[confused]
@rnharish has mentioned as he installed USB in his style model,so im keen to know where he installed it? How it looks? So rnharish please send some pics.

Last edited:
I am very happy to see a Fiesta review on TAI [:)]. Excellent review, I hope that you both would become best friends in years to come. I sold my Fiesta last year. And I would like to tell you guys that it's an absolute drivers car & a reliable beast.
View attachment 119189

Sorry for the bad image quality, It was taken from my cell phone. I am sharing this picture to let you guys know that this car is a 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI & I have driven more than 96,000 kms without breaking a sweat. Despite having very less bhp it's still a very torquey engine. And Yeah, it's very reliable when taken good care of it [:)].

@ msjawahar spare parts are not that expensive & at the same time they don't come cheap.My Fiesta's spare part costs are slightly more expensive when compared with Swift Diesel (For ex:- timing belt costs 1100/- incl.taxes) & coming to the new Fiesta, the spare parts costs will be cheaper than cars like VW vento/Skoda Rapid, Honda City, since the engine is completely localised here. I have used semi-synthetic oil for first 60,000 kms from then on I used Mobil 5W-40 (fully synthetic) which costs around 875/- per litre. I needed 3.8 litres to be precise. Overall service bill would come up to 5000/- at the max if I opted for a fully synthetic oil. Maintaining both Engine oil & coolant will give you long lasting engine life. I used to use WURTH coolant in my Fiesta. It is actually a German company which is usually used in cars like BMW. I mix coolant & distilled water in the ratio of 70:30 whereas dealership guys suggested me to use 50:50, because according to our hot Indian weather 70:30 gave me good results maintaining the engine temperatures when continuously travelling for 6hrs with 100% aircon on.Not just Fiesta all my cars are having 70:30 coolant ratio.

And finally I would like to tell you guys a nice technical feature in Diesel Engines that might amuse you, which I came to know during my ownership experience from an expert Ford Mechanic.
There is a small pipe connected to the gearbox which come out into the engine bay, closed with a small pressure cap. It releases the waste gases when pressure & heat builds up. ( Just like a pressure cooker, not so intense though [:D] ). You can see it to the right side when you open the bonnet. That's it from me.
Now thats some real information I didnt have in my library thanks buddy, is it for diesel engines only or for all cars, and about Coolent to water ratio, excellent choice, I havent thought about it like what you have done, I just service cars at service center a proper time, anyway thats a really nice way to look a car, I will surely give my Figo a try, thanks a lot
About my Figo she is still new just 15k on odo, and the best part is nothing in Indian market below 5 lakh Rs drives like a Figo, super crisp steering, extremely agile chassis,and body control is immense, but she falls short on Power and cabin insulation could have been better.
she loves to drift at speeds excess of 120 kmph when under steer sets in, the back end loves to get loose, its not so great on a public road but LOAds of fun when done on an open track or a field, tried drifting Figo a few and she is sublime and can be controlled with fingers unlike Swift which violently throws us inside while trying for a drift or a Polo which dosent know how to drift(pure contradiction to what Polo GT TSI add shows)
Another car that impressed me to the gills is Fiat Punto 90 hp, The steering though electric was a dream to use and nothing in Indian market even a Skoda Laura that I drove had the braking confidence a Punto had,I have heard a lot about Italian brakes and Italian steering being best in the world but when I came to experience 1 OH MAN its ridiculously good,its true that car would have toppled Ford out of my mind if it had a better gearbox and some weight reduction somewhere and worst of all pathetic service(eagerly waiting for Fiat Punto Abarth to set its foot in India should be the nemesis for Polo GT TSi)

Now thats some real information I didnt have in my library thanks buddy, is it for diesel engines only or for all cars, and about Coolent to water ratio, excellent choice, I havent thought about it like what you have done, I just service cars at service center a proper time, anyway thats a really nice way to look a car, I will surely give my Figo a try, thanks a lot
About my Figo she is still new just 15k on odo, and the best part is nothing in Indian market below 5 lakh Rs drives like a Figo, super crisp steering, extremely agile chassis,and body control is immense, but she falls short on Power and cabin insulation could have been better.
she loves to drift at speeds excess of 120 kmph when under steer sets in, the back end loves to get loose, its not so great on a public road but LOAds of fun when done on an open track or a field, tried drifting Figo a few and she is sublime and can be controlled with fingers unlike Swift which violently throws us inside while trying for a drift or a Polo which dosent know how to drift(pure contradiction to what Polo GT TSI add shows)
Another car that impressed me to the gills is Fiat Punto 90 hp, The steering though electric was a dream to use and nothing in Indian market even a Skoda Laura that I drove had the braking confidence a Punto had,I have heard a lot about Italian brakes and Italian steering being best in the world but when I came to experience 1 OH MAN its ridiculously good,its true that car would have toppled Ford out of my mind if it had a better gearbox and some weight reduction somewhere and worst of all pathetic service(eagerly waiting for Fiat Punto Abarth to set its foot in India should be the nemesis for Polo GT TSi)
I seriously don't have any idea on how much coolant content to be used in petrol cars bro, Especially Ford petrol engines are sophisticated so I don't play games with it!
But one thing I can safely tell you is, if you use coolant content slightly more than water content, it wont do any harm. For me, 70:30 ratio worked in all diesel engines that I have owned so I can guarantee that there is no harm in it, but I have never experimented this on a petrol engine. Our coolants are mostly water based & they are not anti-freeze. Having more chemical content will protect the internal system.

And I highly recommend that you replace your coolant every 20,000kms and always use Ford recommended or German coolants like WURTH, but never use servo or MAK that are available at local petrol pumps. Some people use tap water which corrodes the system over a period of time.

I replaced my swift water pump at 60K since it was leaking, those water pumps that came with car in the year 2009 has a design flaw. And also due to bad coolant quality, leakage has occurred due to corrosion at a very early stage.( I used local coolants to top up :stupid: ) Even Maruthi uses good coolants, the company is called Golden Cruiser.

Here is the pic of the replaced water pump,

To your left is the new rectified water-pump that has been sealed & to the right is the water-pump that was leaking from the brown cork like thing.

IMG_20130210_125237.jpg

It costed me 2555/- incl. of taxes [:)] . It is a delight to own a Maruthi, spares are cheap & the part was replaced in 2 hrs top.

IMG_20130210_123601(1).jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom