All New Ford Fiesta Ownership Review (My New Friend)

Thread Starter #46
Hai

I am new to this forum. For searching for a good sedan, i found your thread..I have done TD's of many sedans including NFF But you mentioned in your "Dislikes" that the armrest is giving a little hindrance to you when using the handbrakes But I haven't see the driver armrest even in Titanium + version Or is it an add on
Hi cmonline,

Welcome to TAI.

My armrest is an add on accessory.

Regards

Cmonline welcome to TAI !!

We have one since Sep 2011 and it is just zero maintenance and only regular servicing cost and excellent mileage 20+ in city and 25+ on highway !! Superb sedan, but rear seat is little cramped for tall people

Thread Starter #49
Hai rnharish,

How much does it cost.?.I am also planning to book NFF within a week.. What about the maintenance cost?
Hi,

I got arm rest as freebie at the time of buying. As per Ford's price list it is around 14k which is way too high. You can get it outside for very less.

I paid zero in First service and Rs.6,650 in Second service. (Rs.4,000 was towards under body corrosion treatment). Not much when compared to others.

Thread Starter #50
Update on 10,000Kms and second service:

Hi,

I just completed 10,000 Kms and gave my friend for second free service. Some sound was coming from front left suspension when run on pothole and the same was rectified by Cauvery Ford without any cost as it is covered under warranty. Problem was oil leakage it seems and it got fixed.

Total cost paid Rs.6,650 (2,650 for oil, oil filter change, etc and 4,000 for under body coating). I feel it is little expensive for under body coating.

Mileage was 15 in city and 21 in highway till second service. Post that am yet to check. Will update soon.

Last edited:
yes it is expensive,you should have done that outside it would have been cheaper.
What mileage are you getting ? Do you think its money well spend ?

Thread Starter #52
Yes Raja, its expensive. I should have checked with 3M also once as they do better job of this kind than regular service centers.

Mileage figures I mentioned in the note already - 15 in city and 21 in highway. Post service will have to check.

Harish, nice review and nice car! sorry to be here very late.
I think you have made a good choice by choosing 'Style' model and adding the stuff later. I think you must have saved nearly 1Lac. [clap]
Even I have a eye for this car, now endlessly waiting for Ecosport, but this is my first fallback option.
Can you please post some pics of K-II reverse parking device you added?

Thank you.

Thread Starter #56
Do we really require under body coating considering Bangalore's climatic condition.
Am not sure Visran, but the service guy suggested. He showed me the under body when the car lifted up and told me that it will be useful to avoid rusting, etc. I said ok and did not put enough thinking into it.

May be experts here can throw some light on the advantages of it.

Thread Starter #57
Harish, nice review and nice car! sorry to be here very late.
I think you have made a good choice by choosing 'Style' model and adding the stuff later. I think you must have saved nearly 1Lac. [clap]
Even I have a eye for this car, now endlessly waiting for Ecosport, but this is my first fallback option.
Can you please post some pics of K-II reverse parking device you added?

Thank you.
Thank you Indian...

Yes, only two models - Style and Titanium. Price diff was around 1.65 lacs between the two. Becos of price of Titanium exceeding 10lacs, even the road tax was high. I did not find it beneficial to shell out so much additional money just for few features. I think only features which I cannot add are 'Voice Control' (again may not be that useful) and 'auto folding mirrors' (which can be missed).

Sure, will post some pics of my K-II. Only issue I have with this is every time I switch it on, it comes in Chinese language and I have to go to settings to change to English. I am still trying to fix it.

Thank you Indian...

Yes, only two models - Style and Titanium. Price diff was around 1.65 lacs between the two. Becos of price of Titanium exceeding 10lacs, even the road tax was high. I did not find it beneficial to shell out so much additional money just for few features. I think only features which I cannot add are 'Voice Control' (again may not be that useful) and 'auto folding mirrors' (which can be missed).

Sure, will post some pics of my K-II. Only issue I have with this is every time I switch it on, it comes in Chinese language and I have to go to settings to change to English. I am still trying to fix it.
Thanks Harish for the reply. Yeah its the sensible thing to do, as voice command is anyway a gimmick just to show off to your friends [evil], Only thing which you would miss is the 'Fuel economy gauge' IMO. Other things you will be able to add after market. I don't think the fold-able mirrors are big feature, as replacement costs would be too high here.
Regarding the Chinese language I think there should be a setting to save it, Probably you are changing the language but failing to save the settings.
How is the back seat comfort working for you? Have you traveled with 3 people in the back seat?
Sorry about too many questions, answer them when you get time.

Thread Starter #59
Thanks Harish for the reply. Yeah its the sensible thing to do, as voice command is anyway a gimmick just to show off to your friends [evil], Only thing which you would miss is the 'Fuel economy gauge' IMO. Other things you will be able to add after market. I don't think the fold-able mirrors are big feature, as replacement costs would be too high here.
Regarding the Chinese language I think there should be a setting to save it, Probably you are changing the language but failing to save the settings.
How is the back seat comfort working for you? Have you traveled with 3 people in the back seat?
Sorry about too many questions, answer them when you get time.
Oh yes, may be fuel economy gauge is also important and agree on the replacement cost of the auto folding mirrors is high.

Yes, I saved the settings, but still it is not coming. As I said, I have to visit the shop where I bought this once.

We have traveled many times with 3 people back side and even with 4 but very few occasions. Back seat comfort is not self-experienced but as per my family members, it is good but not as comfortable as Etios (they sat on Etios too for few kms) and also much better than Verna and Vento (becos of the middle bump).

Don't be sorry at all and I will be more than happy to answer. Only thing is I am not able to login frequently like earlier.

Last edited:

Top Bottom