All New Ford Fiesta Ownership Review (My New Friend)

350Z

Core Team
In one word, awesome review. I was waiting for a New Fiesta owner to join us in the forum from a while now. It will be exciting to catch updates in this thread. For me too, the major setback was high price point of New Fiesta coupled along with a few personal preferences that led me to choose Classic. Later on, marginally dropping the prices was a wise move from Ford. I’m sure we can expect better deals in December since that’s the best time to buy a Ford.

Wheels were not all that good looking with steel rims and Ford covers. So, went to Car Trendz at Mission Road next weekend and replaced steel rims with Plati Alloy Wheels.
Good design of alloys. They are suiting very well on the car.

Yet to decide on parking sensors and leather seats. I feel Reverse parking sensors are a must for this car as it is literally a blind spot at back side because of high raised back line. Hopefully I should decide soon and get these in couple of weeks.
Using all three mirrors for reversing is working out for me, though it is good to have the sensors. Please start separate topic for the accessories and we will be glad to assist.

- Rear head rest is not comfortable and removed (as per my bro as I am always in driver’s seat)
It is also an issue with Classic when the headrest is in the default position. Just raised a bit and now all is well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Also I have asked for suggestions on reverse parking sensors in the below link and not got any response. Not sure how it is missed.
No worries. Just posted a response in that topic. We can discuss about it there itself.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Harish does ford offer the chrome strip around the front grill as a accessory ? If yes what is the cost ? And are you planning to put it to give your style variant a titanium model kind of look ?

350Z

Core Team
I don’t think so. Ford however offers the aftermarket chrome bezels for front bumper at Rs.11,990.

Ford-Fiesta-Bumper-Chrome-Bezel.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #22
Harish does ford offer the chrome strip around the front grill as a accessory ? If yes what is the cost ? And are you planning to put it to give your style variant a titanium model kind of look ?
Yes Raja, Ford has it as an accessory 'chrome front grill' for Rs.10500

It is expensive and I have not thought of putting it till now.

Hi Harish,

Finally the thread ownership.

Congratulations on the new Fiesta. Your ownership thread clearly showed your passion for your car. I loved the bold color of your car,. How's the driving experience, the handling part? Are the Good year tyres confidence inspiring? Hows the DTE performance.

Was this an outright purchase? Ford had a readymade winner on hand but I guess they made a mess out by bad pricing otherwise Fiesta would have been sold like hot cakes.

Happy mile cruching, enjoy your drive and drive safely.

Thread Starter #24
Hi Harish,

Finally the thread ownership.

Congratulations on the new Fiesta. Your ownership thread clearly showed your passion for your car. I loved the bold color of your car,. How's the driving experience, the handling part? Are the Good year tyres confidence inspiring? Hows the DTE performance.

Was this an outright purchase? Ford had a readymade winner on hand but I guess they made a mess out by bad pricing otherwise Fiesta would have been sold like hot cakes.

Happy mile cruching, enjoy your drive and drive safely.
Thank you Manjoo.

Driving experience and handling is superb. Yes, good year tyres are confidence inspiring. I can put sudden brakes and it stops where I want. Never had a problem (touch wood). I don't have DTE as it comes only in Titanium.

Yes, it is. I agree with you that Ford goofed up big time in pricing the new fiesta. But they corrected a bit in May'12 by 60-70K and I think now it is not as bad as earlier.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #25
I have installed K-II reverse parking sensors with camera, USB, Bluetooth, SD Card in my friend yday. Till now, reverse camera, sensors and Bluetooth are very good and yet to check the USB and SD card. Will post the pics soons.

Mean while, enjoy two more pics [:)]

Side View
DSC06049.JPG

Ariel View
DSC06018.JPG

350Z

Core Team
I have installed K-II reverse parking sensors with camera, USB, Bluetooth, SD Card in my friend yday. Till now, reverse camera, sensors and Bluetooth are very good and yet to check the USB and SD card. Will post the pics soons.
Congrats for finally installing the reverse camera. Please don’t forget to update us with more details on it. The top view of Fiesta is looking awesome.

Drive safe,
350Z

Wow. What a Car!!! Decent color and those multi spoke alloys are enhancing the beauty of the car. Wish you happy miles ahead. Drive Safe

Thread Starter #30
Thank you ashutosh.

Just an update: I went on highway last three days and covered 990 kms. My friend gave a good mileage of 20.5kmpl and I mostly drove at a speed of 120kmph (max being 170 couple of times).

Top Bottom