All-New Ford Endeavour (Ranger Based)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interior design and quality is great. If Ford India launches the Everest withthe same interiors and great engines and both Manual and Auto gearbox then I guess Fortuner has to pack up. American SUVs are always the toughest and strongest.[glasses]

Re: Ford Fiesta 2014 Ownership Review: Baby Aston Comes Home

:off topic:Hi all, I am sorry to go a little :offtopic: but i was planning to go for XUV but then i saw these pics of the new Endy getting released. What time do you all think it will get launched? I hope you don't mind me asking bump_that but can you please confirm with the Ford guys if possible about the new Endy?

:off topic:Hi all, I am sorry to go a little :offtopic: but i was planning to go for XUV but then i saw these pics of the new Endy getting released. What time do you all think it will get launched? I hope you don't mind me asking bump_that but can you please confirm with the Ford guys if possible about the new Endy?
I had a source at Chennai who used to work for data collection and processing job who used to give dates,price discussions,etc of new releases, he is not working there anymore, so this is just my guess[roll]

I think Ford will launch the new Ford Figo sedan first here in India by June/July 2015

Then they might launch the new Endeavor by October 2015 along with Figo hatch

I had a source at Chennai who used to work for data collection and processing job who used to give dates,price discussions,etc of new releases, he is not working there anymore, so this is just my guess[roll]

I think Ford will launch the new Ford Figo sedan first here in India by June/July 2015

Then they might launch the new Endeavor by October 2015 along with Figo hatch
Thanks a ton for clarifying so now we can go with some other car. I just hope when it does get launched it gets better suspension with more comfy seats otherwise it already has everything.

People at ford are clueless about new endeavour or maybe they want to clear off their stock .[:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

3 engine options shall be available in 2015 Model!

* 2L Ecoboost with 175kw Power and 360 Nm Torque

* 2.2L Duratorq TDCI with 110 kw Power and 385 Nm Torque

* 3.2L Engine 147kw Power and 470Nm Torque

link

Regards

Akash

Friends,

link

Regards

Akash
Thats a nice find, the 2.2 TDCI with 150 hp 385 NM would be a real treat as it wont cost more than the Skoda Octavia TDI AT on road has 3 row of seats, smart Range Rover based Terrain response system,Ford SYNC 2 as well, the new Endeavour looks promising in almost all aspects,now earlier the launch date better the sales for Ford India,
Regarding gearbox there is a slight rumour that the gearbox is a 6 speed slush box,which is not the best in terms of downshifting when needed,its slow to respond to sudden inputs as well,

Lets wait and see how Ford tunes these engines with the gearbox synchro,lot of imges too have leaked of the testing of new Endeavour in Malaysia,Taiwan,Thailand etc

Could this be the nemesis of Fortuner?

Friends,

link

Regards

Akash
That's a great range of engines by the way. There's a engine for all taste.
2 L Ecoboost for people who want petrol powered SUV(Is this engine which is present in the Avanti).
2.2 L Diesel for bulk sales.
3.0 L Diesel for true blue off roading and overall usage.
Hope all engines get Manual gearbox. Incase of Auto they should launch the car with Power shift.

That's a great range of engines by the way. There's a engine for all taste.
2 L Ecoboost for people who want petrol powered SUV(Is this engine which is present in the Avanti).
2.2 L Diesel for bulk sales.
3.0 L Diesel for true blue off roading and overall usage.
Hope all engines get Manual gearbox. Incase of Auto they should launch the car with Power shift.
The 2.0 ecoboost wont make it to India, this engine isnt the one in DC AVANTI the one in SC AVANTI is a Renault powered 2.0 turbo that makes nearly 260 hp
The 2.0 ecoboost makes 252 hp at crank and nearly 240 hp at wheels,its a very good engine which wont make way to India
The 2.2 TDCI is a PSA based engine thats used in a lot of Ford cars in Europe,like S max,Mondeo,Kuga the engine has its architecture from Peugots 2.2 HDi unit,
The same 2.2 architecture is used by Jaguar in making its 2.2 l diesel engine currently in use in Jaguar Xj here in India as well
This engine architecture is also used by Mazda in making their 2.2 skyactive diesel engine although its a lot different from what PSA uses the basic architecture is same

The 3.2 TDCI is a 5 cylinder turbo its actually a 3.0 l unit, its named 3.2 as its 3.0 in displacement and3+2=5 cylinder in cylinder count,
This engine is all about low end torque and it isnt frugal unless its able to cruise,its primarily used in trucks called Ford Ranger in Australia,some parts of Taiwan,also in Ford Tourneo etc
This engine is very good for power applications and has proved extremely durable, can easily clock above 2 lakh kms without breaking sweat.

SPY PICS: Everest specs leaked on-line - motoring.com.au

Some new spy pics of new Endeavour,

Think this will be the base manual trim, seems like its hit the bulls eye, Really nice proper SUV

If priced between 22-30 lakhs ex showroom its going to be a real treat
It does look the part of it. Big, tough and built American tough. Interiors are also well appointed and I think the top layer os leatyer wrapped. Waiting for it to hit the Indian market.

Thread Starter #58

AMG

Suspended
Called the Everest elsewhere, the 2016 Ford Endeavour has been caught in what is perhaps the final stage of testing in Thailand. Snapped without any camouflage, Ford has confirmed that it will start production of the new SUV this year at their plants in China and Thailand. The manufacturer will take the Endeavour of bringing down the SUV to India in the form of CKD kits, which will then be assembled into full size SUVs at their Chennai facility before it hits showrooms in the latter part of 2015.

While the Everest will be available with three engine options internationally, two oil burners and a petrol motor, only the former two or one of them could be on offer in India. However, given the plummeting prices of the lighter fuel, we wouldn’t be surprised if the petrol version makes it here too. The petrol motor is a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder unit, the smaller diesel a 2.2-liter four-cylinder motor, while the range topper is a 3.2-liter five-cylinder diesel engine. Expect both Auto and manual gearbox choices to be available at launch along with the option of 4WD. Competing against the Toyota Fortuner, Hyundai Santa Fe, Ssangyong Rexton, the slow selling Honda CR-V and the Isuzu MU-7, if priced right, the upcoming Endeavour could give the very popular Fortuner a tough fight for the top spot of the Indian entry level premium SUV space.

Source: Motoroids

Attachments

Called the Everest elsewhere, the 2016 Ford Endeavour has been caught in

Looks like a proper 7 seat off roader, this SUV seems very objective in attaining its mission,
Should carry 7 in comfort
Can off road almost any terrain
Has all kinds of modern features to keep the car updated for some years to come,
Will Ford be able to pull up a surprise pricing like the Ecosport did,some websites quote Ford is aiming the 2.2 diesel to fight the Ssangyong Rexton, that means starting price of sub 20 lakhs, now if thats the case Endeavour will make a case for itself

Called the Everest elsewhere, the 2016 Ford Endeavour has been caught in what is perhaps the final stage of testing in Thailand. Snapped without any camouflage, Ford has confirmed that it will start production of the new SUV this year at their plants in China and Thailand. The manufacturer will take the Endeavour of bringing down the SUV to India in the form of CKD kits, which will then be assembled into full size SUVs at their Chennai facility before it hits showrooms in the latter part of 2015.

While the Everest will be available with three engine options internationally, two oil burners and a petrol motor, only the former two or one of them could be on offer in India. However, given the plummeting prices of the lighter fuel, we wouldn’t be surprised if the petrol version makes it here too. The petrol motor is a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder unit, the smaller diesel a 2.2-liter four-cylinder motor, while the range topper is a 3.2-liter five-cylinder diesel engine. Expect both Auto and manual gearbox choices to be available at launch along with the option of 4WD. Competing against the Toyota Fortuner, Hyundai Santa Fe, Ssangyong Rexton, the slow selling Honda CR-V and the Isuzu MU-7, if priced right, the upcoming Endeavour could give the very popular Fortuner a tough fight for the top spot of the Indian entry level premium SUV space.

Has all the road presence and bulk it needs which can attract any Indian buyer. But Ford should get it price it correctly. If it has attractive pricing then I guess it's time for other SUVs in its segment to pack up. And wish that Ford provides the manual gearbox for all its powertrains. And sorted ride and handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom