All-New Ford Endeavour (Ranger Based)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The specifications and variants of the all new Endeavor have been leaked and Thailand launch confirmed this month with the Indian launch by 2015 year end. Details below:
The 2015 Ford Everest – otherwise known as the 2015 Ford Endeavour – will launch in Thailand this month. Thai blog site, MZ crazy cars, has listed the variants and standard features that Ford will offer for the Ranger-based SUV.

2015 Ford Everest 2.2 Titanium 4×2 A / T

Engine and Transmission

• Diesel TDCi 2.2-liter Duratorq VGT with 160 horsepower at 3,200 RPM and maximum torque of 385 Nm between 1600 and 2500 rpm.
  • 6-speed automatic transmission with SelectShift transmission as standard.
  • Independent front suspension with coilovers and anti-roll bar.
  • Watts link rear suspension with coil springs.
  • Standard rear-wheel-drive system.
Exterior

• Body-colored front and rear bumpers.
  • Theft Alarm.
  • Power adjustable door mirrors.
  • Halogen projector headlamps with automatic turn-on function.
  • Foglights for front and rear ends.
  • Roof rails.
  • Rear spoiler with third brake light
  • 18-inch alloy wheels with 265/60 R18 tires.
  • Rain sensing wipers
Interior

• Auto dimming rear view mirror.
  • Cruise control.
  • Dual zone HVAC for front and rear seats.
  • Power windows with one-touch operation.
  • Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel and gear knob.
  • Leather upholstery.
  • 8-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat.
  • 2nd row 60: 40 split seats with fold-flat capability.
  • 2nd row bench seat reclining and slide front – back.
  • 3rd row bench seats fold-flat split 50: 50.
  • 12V power sockets across three rows.
  • Radio/ CD / MP3 / AUX / USB (2 slots) / SD Card
  • Ford SYNC infotainment system.
  • Bluetooth connectivity.
Safety features

• ABS with EBD
  • Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
  • Hill Launch Assist (HLA).
  • Traction Control.
  • RSC rollover protection system.
  • Dual front airbags.
  • Side and curtain airbags.
  • Reverse parking sensors.
  • Key Immobilizer.
  • ISOFIX child seat anchor points.
2015 Ford Everest 3.2 Titanium 4×4 A / T

(This variant features all the equipment available in the lower 2.2 Titanium. The only difference is the powertrain, as listed below.)
Engine and Transmission

• 3.2-liter Duratorq TDCi VGT with 200 hp at 3,000 RPM and peak torque of 470 Nm at 1,750-2,500 rpm.
  • Full time four-wheel-drive system with Terrain Management.
  • Lockable rear Differential.
2015 Ford Everest 3.2 Titanium+ 4×4 A / T

(The top-of-the-line variant of the Everest has the same powertrain as in the 3.2 Titanium, but with more premium interior and exterior features.)
Exterior

• Bi-Xenon automatic projector headlights with spray cleaner.
  • LED Daytime Running Lights.
  • 265/65 R20 tires.
Interior

• Panoramic Sunroof.
  • Driver and front passenger 8-way power adjustable seats.
  • Power operated third row seats.
  • Ambient lighting with seven different colors.
  • Stainless steel scuff plate with LED illumination.
Safety Features

• Driver’s knee airbag.
  • Front parking sensors.
  • Rear view camera.
  • Blind Spot monitoring system.
  • Vehicle detection while leaving parking space.

The Ford Everest will come with a choice of five paint colors.

• Cool White
  • Black Mica Metallic
  • Silver Aluminum Metallic
  • Sparkling Gold Metallic
  • Red Sunset Metallic
The Endeavour will be launched in India this year along with the Ford Figo hatchback and Figo Aspire Sedan. It will follow the CKD route with assembly kits manufactured in Thailand.

Source

Attachments

Last edited:
The specifications and variants of the all new Endeavor have been leaked and Thailand launch confirmed this month with the Indian launch by 2015 year end. Details below:
The 2015 Ford Everest – otherwise known as the 2015 Ford Endeavour – will launch in Thailand this month. Thai blog site, MZ crazy cars, has listed the variants and standard features that Ford will offer for the Ranger-based SUV.

2015 Ford Everest 2.2 Titanium 4×2 A / T

Engine and Transmission

• Diesel TDCi 2.2-liter Duratorq VGT with 160 horsepower at 3,200 RPM and maximum torque of 385 Nm between 1600 and 2500 rpm.
  • 6-speed automatic transmission with SelectShift transmission as standard.
  • Independent front suspension with coilovers and anti-roll bar.
  • Watts link rear suspension with coil springs.
  • Standard rear-wheel-drive system.
Exterior

• Body-colored front and rear bumpers.
  • Theft Alarm.
  • Power adjustable door mirrors.
  • Halogen projector headlamps with automatic turn-on function.
  • Foglights for front and rear ends.
  • Roof rails.
  • Rear spoiler with third brake light
  • 18-inch alloy wheels with 265/60 R18 tires.
  • Rain sensing wipers
Interior

• Auto dimming rear view mirror.
  • Cruise control.
  • Dual zone HVAC for front and rear seats.
  • Power windows with one-touch operation.
  • Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel and gear knob.
  • Leather upholstery.
  • 8-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat.
  • 2nd row 60: 40 split seats with fold-flat capability.
  • 2nd row bench seat reclining and slide front – back.
  • 3rd row bench seats fold-flat split 50: 50.
  • 12V power sockets across three rows.
  • Radio/ CD / MP3 / AUX / USB (2 slots) / SD Card
  • Ford SYNC infotainment system.
  • Bluetooth connectivity.
Safety features

• ABS with EBD
  • Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
  • Hill Launch Assist (HLA).
  • Traction Control.
  • RSC rollover protection system.
  • Dual front airbags.
  • Side and curtain airbags.
  • Reverse parking sensors.
  • Key Immobilizer.
  • ISOFIX child seat anchor points.
2015 Ford Everest 3.2 Titanium 4×4 A / T

(This variant features all the equipment available in the lower 2.2 Titanium. The only difference is the powertrain, as listed below.)
Engine and Transmission

• 3.2-liter Duratorq TDCi VGT with 200 hp at 3,000 RPM and peak torque of 470 Nm at 1,750-2,500 rpm.
  • Full time four-wheel-drive system with Terrain Management.
  • Lockable rear Differential.
2015 Ford Everest 3.2 Titanium+ 4×4 A / T

(The top-of-the-line variant of the Everest has the same powertrain as in the 3.2 Titanium, but with more premium interior and exterior features.)
Exterior

• Bi-Xenon automatic projector headlights with spray cleaner.
  • LED Daytime Running Lights.
  • 265/65 R20 tires.
Interior

• Panoramic Sunroof.
  • Driver and front passenger 8-way power adjustable seats.
  • Power operated third row seats.
  • Ambient lighting with seven different colors.
  • Stainless steel scuff plate with LED illumination.
Safety Features

• Driver’s knee airbag.
  • Front parking sensors.
  • Rear view camera.
  • Blind Spot monitoring system.
  • Vehicle detection while leaving parking space.

The Ford Everest will come with a choice of five paint colors.

• Cool White
  • Black Mica Metallic
  • Silver Aluminum Metallic
  • Sparkling Gold Metallic
  • Red Sunset Metallic
The Endeavour will be launched in India this year along with the Ford Figo hatchback and Figo Aspire Sedan. It will follow the CKD route with assembly kits manufactured in Thailand.

Source

Seems well equipped. Let's see how does Ford price. And what about the Manual Transmission? Does Ford have any plans of launching an Endeavour with Manual transmission in India?

Seems well equipped. Let's see how does Ford price. And what about the Manual Transmission? Does Ford have any plans of launching an Endeavour with Manual transmission in India?
As per the sources so far, there will be a 6Speed manual too , but looking at the above specs I feel it will be only limited till the Titanium versions. The top of the line Titanium + 3.2 Ltr will most probably be limited only to A/T since its going to be positioned as an upmarket luxurious version.

The only concern now is about the pricing! If the Top of the line 3.2ltr A/T Tit+ costs even a lakh more than the present top of the line 4x4 Fortuner A/T, I guess there would be buyers waiting to own one in the que and may be even I [;)]

Looks like the Thailand launch is just round the corner. Ford has updated the Everest website with all the details.
Ford Thailand | NEW EVEREST

Btw, just saw that Ford has implemented powered tail gate and power folding third row seats, a first in segment again.

Good going Ford, launch this truck soon in India too :)

Last edited:
New Endeavor prices leaked for Thailand.
2015 Ford Everest variant-wise features listed [Update]
Looking at these prices there are two possibilities for the Indian launch.
1. Either Ford will launch all these variants and charge a bomb.
2. Ford might skip on some features and have a different variant line up for the Indian market to keep the prices low. However I feel that Ford might go with first option only. Lets see how it fairs ahead.
This is the reason why manufacturers like Toyota get room to charge their Fortuner with hefty premium.

New Ford Endeavour appears to have killer features list to impress anybody & everybody. But I think 2nd possibility.
Based on the pricing of Toyota Fortuner in Thailand website,I think the new Endeavour if released wirh all those features itself it will cost 102.3% more than what Fortuner costs in India,
For eg the full option Toyota Fortuner 3.0 4x4 AT costs 3145000 RS here in Trivandrum
The full option Ford endeavour as per Thailand website will cost 3217255, not by much considring the updated Fortuner too will get a price hike and the new Endeavour has a lot going on with it as well,
Launch is almsot sure to be September 2015.

Ford Endeavour spied in India.
0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20150325060814_endy2.jpg

Ford has begun testing the next-gen Endeavour in India. Ford’s new SUV will take on the likes of the Fortuner, Pajero Sport, Hyundai Santa Fe and the SsangYong Rexton in our market.

The Endeavour, also known as the Everest in some international markets, was first shown in concept form in 2013. Ford has recently unveiled the new Endeavour at the Bangkok Motor Show 2015. Some of the markets for the new Endeavour include India, China, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand.

New Ford Endeavour spied in India | Car News | SUV/Crossovers | Autocar India

Last edited:
Looking at the spy pics, I am impressed that Ford is ''not'' skimping on the feature list for India and that is a great thing Ford is doing at the moment. When the top end 4x4 AT version soft roader like Santa-fe can sell for 38+ lakhs OTR, why cannot Ford sell a much rugged and capable, safe, full fledged SUV for 30.6lakhs ex-showroom?
With so many features of the 3.2 ltr Titanium+ version, I think Ford has a winner here!

Last edited:
Looking at the spy pics, I am impressed that Ford is ''not'' skimping on the feature list for India and that is a great thing Ford is doing at the moment. When the top end 4x4 AT version soft roader like Santa-fe can sell for 38+ lakhs OTR, why cannot Ford sell a much rugged and capable, safe, full fledged SUV for 30.6lakhs ex-showroom?
With so many features of the 3.2 ltr Titanium+ version, I think Ford has a winner here!
Completely agree with that man, I think the new Endeavor even if it costs 33 lakhs on road for the 3.2 TDCi 4x4 Titanium+ its money well spent
A very solid move by Ford[clap]

Do not give Ford any new ideas man. Lets hope they price the new endy sensibly between 22-27 lakhs ex show room. This will give fortuner a run for its money.

Do not give Ford any new ideas man. Lets hope they price the new endy sensibly between 22-27 lakhs ex show room. This will give fortuner a run for its money.
Ford is stuffing the Endeavour with lots of features buddy and if its launched at the ball park of the Fortuner's price tag then I guess its time for the Fortuner to pack up. But still if its priced a bit higher I feel it is value for money as it is getting powered tail gate, powered folding third row seats. These are in the Thai variant though and lets hope that it's carried on to the Indian variant too. Only time can tell so let's watch out for this space.

Ford is stuffing the Endeavour with lots of features buddy and if its launched at the ball park of the Fortuner's price tag
I don't think that Ford is going to price it lesser than the Fortuner, because with a higher Cubic Capacity, features than the Fortuner Ford would be pricing the Endeavour around 30 - 35 Lakhs. And I think it would be competing with the upcoming Jeep Grand Cherokee in terms of features, performance, off-roading abilites, etc.

So i think the Ford is aiming somewhat higher than our expectations.

Last edited:
Since Ford is now strictly following it's 'ONE FORD' mantra, so all I am expecting is that we will also get the exactly same vehicle with maybe some minor downgrades to keep the pricing etc in check.

No matter how good the new Endy is, Ford still isn't a brand that someone in India will put 40 lac on. Let's see what the 'Blue Oval' from west is going to give against the 'T' from east. I guess the 2.2 will be priced at par with the Fortuner 2.5 while the 3.2 will be priced a bit higher than the Fortuner 3.0 A/T. Well, being a Fortuner lover, I am now even more interested in the 2016 Fortuner, I wish the Endy beats the Fortuner hands down so that Toyota will be forced to get into the open game of providing more bang for the buck to get back into the game, with the benefit coming to the customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom