All-New Ford Endeavour Now in India

Re: New Ford Endeavour Launching in Jan 2016 in India

See design apart there are parameters that make a car good,
Like NVH,steering feel,brakes,safety,chassis,dynamics,engine,throttle response,usability of features,quality and robust feel of plastics, technology and its encapsulation,etc etc
The Vento Rapid twins are still a long way better than City,Ciaz,Verna,..in any such parameters,
Indians are biased to Japanese brands becauss they used to be reliable and still are reliable,but for that reason most people sacrifice everything else and go for it thinking whatever comes from the Japanese stable is superior,
The biggest downer was Honda Amaze and City i D tec, if I am not wrong Honda has a name for refinement,smooth quiet engines, and after being in Amaze and City it was just the opposite in fact they are the worst in that department and our people neglected refinement without a fuzz, that says it,they just look at the outer covering ,badge ,and say well this one is better,
The Rapid ,Vento twins
Ride, handle,better,has better NVH,has better gearbox,brakes are equally good,the seats of Honda are slightly more comfy but not by much, the VAG DSG models eat Honda for breakfast,doors feel heavy and strong in VW compared to light tinny feeling Honda, VAGs engine is light years better than Hondas be it power,accelaration,in gear accelarations,cruising ability, even mileage is not that behind,the head lamps the dual barrel headlamps of VW twins destroys Hondas head lights,the one touch and anti pinch power windows,high speed stability,ergonomics of switches knobs buttons,useful features unlike Hondas gimmicky touch screen,even price wise the Honda is pathetic before Vento,Rapid.
Its funny how people are blind folded and go for something with Japanese badge,anyway, I hope Ford too dosent get that fate for Endeavour.
See only we auto enthusiasts compare and purchase or prefer the car but the 3/4 th of the people in India doesn't do these instead they blindly follow the sales people's words and they purchase the car even when they don't like it so people who have little knowledge about cars they see the weight of the doors, handling and performance.

And the most people's attitude towards new car purchase is that the vehicle should have been showcased in malls, shown in advertisements many times, etc. And people also purchase the cars when it is within their budget irrespective of its size and shape.

But the non-auto enthusiasts consider only budget and the EMI options and nothing else.

See only we auto enthusiasts compare and purchase or prefer the car but the 3/4 th of the people in India doesn't do these instead they blindly follow the sales people's words and they purchase the car even when they don't like it so people who have little knowledge about cars they see the weight of the doors, handling and performance.

And the most people's attitude towards new car purchase is that the vehicle should have been showcased in malls, shown in advertisements many times, etc. And people also purchase the cars when it is within their budget irrespective of its size and shape.

But the non-auto enthusiasts consider only budget and the EMI options and nothing else.
Obviously this is the case with most buyers, thats why I always mention the regular Indian will go only for City,Ciaz,etc despite there are better products on market,
Same way I still think the new Endeavour is better than even the 2017 Fortuner but once Fortuner lands our peoppe will forget Endeavour and will go blindly with Toyota, simce Endeavour already is a low volume model it might get affected even further off the limits,
The new Innova itself will steal a lot of Endeavour aspirants,
Otherwise one option for Ford is to pricr Endeavour inaanely low like 20 lakhs starting price, to compete, othwrwise its bound to feel the failure.

@ 1989rs,
Once people hear the thud door lock sound in a 'vw' they get a feeling of insecurity in their japanese cars.
I hate innova, it is a tin can if one looks at the accidents they meet with, but need a proper seven seater. Had there been a vw muv i would have gone for it.

So i was planning for endeavour which has a build between germany and japan.
But the low trim does not offers side airbags, also the top models come with automatic which is a problem as the acting drivers we know cant even
handle abs brakes.

Chevy tarilblazer has sold around 150 units. People want to be different, most are fed up with fortuners because the suv has no class, i have seen people go for pajero sport and even isuzu mu7. So endy will sell , most would be ex fortu owners. But first tome buyers will go for the so called trusty , costly, underequipped toyotas. The chauffeur plays a important role in choosing brands in most homes.

Last edited:

@ 1989rs,
Once people hear the thud door lock sound in a 'vw' they get a feeling of insecurity in their japanese cars.
I hate innova, it is a tin can if one looks at the accidents they meet with, but need a proper seven seater. Had there been a vw muv i would have gone for it.

So i was planning for endeavour which has a build between germany and japan.
But the low trim does not offers side airbags, also the top models come with automatic which is a problem as the acting drivers we know cant even
handle abs brakes.

Chevy tarilblazer has sold around 150 units. People want to be different, most are fed up with fortuners because the suv has no class, i have seen people go for pajero sport and even isuzu mu7. So endy will sell , most would be ex fortu owners. But first tome buyers will go for the so called trusty , costly, underequipped toyotas. The chauffeur plays a important role in choosing brands in most homes.
The Endeavour 2.2 MT Trend is a good choice, sure the ones with side and curtain airbags should have been even better but the Endeavour with just 2 airbags has scored well over pass mark for occupant protection, its just the child seats that let the Endeavour down on points because it has no option for child seats, the Endeavours sub frame and frame are super strong, the side impact and pole impact tests are there on ANCAP websites,
The 2.2 AT is a superb choice specially the MT 4x4 Trend,just dont ignore the Endeavour because of lack of airbags in Trend variant, this thing already is one of safest Suv under 40 lakhs just maybe a tad less safer than Audi Q5, BMW X5,

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends, Being a Delhi-NCR resident, I am really feeling sad that Endeavor in Diesel won't be sold atleast in this financial year in Delhi since the engine capacity is beyond 2000 cc. The state wise sales in the next 3 months would show a drastic decline for the OEMs in Delhi. Also, the after-launch hype/curiosity for a new vehicle remains for 2-3 months as well so in that ways too we in Delhi won't probably see Endeavor.

Regards

Akash

Friends, Being a Delhi-NCR resident, I am really feeling sad that Endeavor in Diesel won't be sold atleast in this financial year in Delhi since the engine capacity is beyond 2000 cc. The state wise sales in the next 3 months would show a drastic decline for the OEMs in Delhi. Also, the after-launch hype/curiosity for a new vehicle remains for 2-3 months as well so in that ways too we in Delhi won't probably see Endeavor.

Regards

Akash
Yea, what a mess, anyway new Endeavour will be there in almost all other states, it sure wont garner the sales figures Ford was hoping for due to exremely hostile enviornments here in India,neverthless I feel its a great product and we will be waiting for a full fledged review by TAI,

Heard that new ENDY is going to be launched in Indian market on 19th January 2016. Is it??

Just got a rumour from a friend who booked endeavour in delhi said pricing would start from 1-2 lakh more than tha top end xuv 500.if pricing starts from 18-18.5 lakh ford will hit the bull's eye.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Just got a rumour from a friend....endeavour in delhi pricing would start from 1-2 lakh more than tha top end xuv 500.if pricing starts from 18-18.5 lakh ford will hit the bull's eye.
Indeed if it becomes the official price then Innova and Fortuner will have a tough time! This pricing will play a havoc in the segment and with such features and looks this new Endeavor will get lot of attention and buyers subsequently.

Regards

Akash

Lets all hope for a starting price of 19.99 lakhs which is near to impossibility according to me but yet since the 2.2 MT Trend is a variant exclusive to India, we dont really know how well they can price it,
If this is true, not just Innova,Fortuner but a whole lot of cars like Octavia,Camry,Innova,Fortuner,Koleos,SantaFe,,Superb,Yeti, all will feel the Endeavour heat..

I still have a realistic 24-30 lakhs ex showroom price in mind,anything below will be like miracle, anythimg higher isalways expected. the 3.2 Titanium AWD might even cost 35 lakhs and that too according to me is not expensive considering theEndeavour is that well loaded and is a car of substance more than looks and things on paper.

It seems to be a very promising car, especially for those who would like that "macho" look over the prissy and pretty looking Germans like Audi Q series and BMW X1/3 .
But in the wake of the legislation on 2000cc + engines, I fear that there is going to be uncertainty around large engine cars in the future, and with pollution being a hot topic (rightly so), the courts are unlikely to take a kind view in the favour of manufacturers. In fact, if the 2000cc ban is not repealed, it may soon extend to all metro cities in India. So those who are venturing to buy such products should wait and watch, me feels.

It seems to be a very promising car, especially for those who would like that "macho" look over the prissy and pretty looking Germans like Audi Q series and BMW X1/3 .
But in the wake of the legislation on 2000cc + engines, I fear that there is going to be uncertainty around large engine cars in the future, and with pollution being a hot topic (rightly so), the courts are unlikely to take a kind view in the favour of manufacturers. In fact, if the 2000cc ban is not repealed, it may soon extend to all metro cities in India. So those who are venturing to buy such products should wait and watch, me feels.
Actually that is a pretty foolish decision by government, even in Delhi out of almost 84k automobiles roaming Delhi everyday, around 4-7% are these consumer vehicles with over 2000cc displacement, and the rest are all taxis,scooters,bikes,small hatc backs,sedans all under 1.5l displacement, and if we consider that 3 small dispacement diesel cars contribute to 1 big 2000+ cc engines emission then too the math goes wrong because over 40% of rest of the cars on road emit over more emissions than what the whole of 2000+ cc cars emit, more than CO2 its the NOx contents that causes the issue, but banning just 4-7% of such big cars is absolute rubbish,
If thats the case all diesel cars should be banned,

The thing that government should do is, promote Hybrid cars,natural gas or CNG cars,public transports,bring Euro V emission norms ro India and implement tax to car companies based on emission values, which will force brands to build cars with safer emission cycles,add diesel fluid to big trucks,etc which can cut CO2 and NOx contents by 12-25%. Promote more petrol cars by lowerimg petrol prices.
Again coming to the Endeavour, I dont think luxury car buyers will jump to Ford showrooms, that kind of buyer has a different eye, but the others like Camry,Accord,CRV,santa Fe,Octavia,Koleos,Yeti,Superb,Fortuner, can get a real challenge if Ford has a broad range between 24-35 lakhs for Endeavour.

Lets all hope for a starting price of 19.99 lakhs which is near to impossibility according to me but yet since the 2.2 MT Trend is a variant exclusive to India, we dont really know how well they can price it,
If this is true, not just Innova,Fortuner but a whole lot of cars like Octavia,Camry,Innova,Fortuner,Koleos,SantaFe,,Superb,Yeti, all will feel the Endeavour heat..

I still have a realistic 24-30 lakhs ex showroom price in mind,anything below will be like miracle, anythimg higher isalways expected. the 3.2 Titanium AWD might even cost 35 lakhs and that too according to me is not expensive considering theEndeavour is that well loaded and is a car of substance more than looks and things on paper.
I have the same feeling. Here is my reasoning:

Ford would want to sell without upgrades until they relaunch it with new Engine series (locally made), it may take at least 3-4 years. Let us assume 1500 cars per month in India and above is their strategy, based on the past history, it is very optimistic, and only with a competitive price they can win hearts easily and sell a high figure each month.
They will also want a large satisfied customer base to attain the same sales figure even after the new Fortuner, CR-V Diesel launches. (I assume Honda is making CRV-D for India). Low margin, and high volume is something Ford can offer to beat greedily priced Toyota.

This MUST be possible for Ford with high localisation, and increasing localisation month after month to keep the price low without affected by the $ value fluctuation.

Right now, 20% localisation should help them to keep the price within 30L even for the top end - as per current pricing of other SUVs in this segment. I am sure they can start from 20L (and not 24 or 27), with mostly the electronics and sensors which are cheap in this era of sensors.

Mahindra already started doing serious ads for XUV Auto box - reviews are already very much positive, and I am sure we can start seeing the sales dent it makes in Fortuner soon. So this segment is going to feel the price war, if not now - within 2017 when we have more products. Santa Fe is already out due to high-price, knowing this Hyundai is started thinking about manufacturing Tuson, we speculate it, to be offered within this price segment.

Ford, in 2015 gave surprises. They withdraw the high priced Fiesta. They offered two fantastic products for the right price. As a team, I see Ford which already understood Indian customers. I hear service is improved. With all this positive moves, with this class product - I am sure Ford can kill the premium SUV markets. I see no reason for German SUV lovers who buy it for Luxury after seeing Endeavour, we see Endeavour as a luxury class product- so it should take away X1, X3, Q3, and even Freelander lovers.

I beleive Ford is going to surprise us all with a very low starting and ending prices. :-)

(Question: will 2L Ecoboost an additional choice for India/Delhi which Ford omitted this time?)

Last edited:

Top Bottom