All-New Ford Endeavour Now in India

Re: All-New Ford Endeavour (Ranger Based)

SYNC 2 is missing or Ford just mentioned Sync 2 as Sync with Voice control? I trust it wont miss navigation assist. If it misses, then it would be a biggest disappointment after giving all these 101 features.

Great thing is all versions get 18 inch alloys. If 3.2 Titanium and 2.2 Titanium should be everyones fav, if priced rightly. After the thoughts from 1989s500 I am convinced to settle with 2.2 Auto Titanium, unless if the price of 3.2 is tempting.

Whatever, This time TAI's support will be a part in my decision making. :-) Now, waiting for the $$ list.
SYNC 2 will be there most probably, since even Ecosport have SYNC, and SYNC 2 is a mere extension of it, I think it will be there in Titanium models, if there is SYNC 2 there will be navigation too at least as an option

About the 2.2 the 2.2 will be locally manufactured in India by 2018, its code named Panther, so reliability wise though its still not on par with D4D, parts and manufacturing in India will make it a far more confident engine to choose rather than a fully imported engine like the 3.2 TDCi

SYNC 2 will be there most probably, since even Ecosport have SYNC, and SYNC 2 is a mere extension of it, I think it will be there in Titanium models, if there is SYNC 2 there will be navigation too at least as an option

About the 2.2 the 2.2 will be locally manufactured in India by 2018, its code named Panther, so reliability wise though its still not on par with D4D, parts and manufacturing in India will make it a far more confident engine to choose rather than a fully imported engine like the 3.2 TDCi
Thanks 1989rs500. Price of 3.2 Titanium would be the deciding factor. Anything north of 30L on road will make it difficult to reach and will have to settle with 2.2 AT.

What is your guess on pricing?

Thanks 1989rs500. Price of 3.2 Titanium would be the deciding factor. Anything north of 30L on road will make it difficult to reach and will have to settle with 2.2 AT.

What is your guess on pricing?
Pricing as per my guess

Trend 2.2 4x2 MT - 24.99 lakhs ex showroom (~29 lakhs on road)

Trend 2.2 4x4 MT- 26.49 lakhs ex showroom (~ 31 .5 lakhs on road)

Trend 2.2 4x2 AT- 25.99 lakhs ex showroom (~ 31 lakhs on road)

Trend 3.2 4x4 AT- 29.99 lakhs ex showroom (~34 lakhs on road)

Titanium 2.2 4x2 AT- 28.49 lakhs ex showroom (~ 33.5 lakhs on road)

Titanium 3.2 4x4 AT- 29.99 lakhs ex showroom (~ 35 lakhs on road)

I believe this will be how new Endy will be priced,sure its not cheap, but not bad either
I dont think it will under cut the Fortuner in terms of pricing

Did you guys see- it has Semi auto parallel park assist.

My dad usually finds difficult to park ride between 2 cars,this is a boon for him.

The driver needs to control only accelerator and brakes, with push of a button steering will align itself.

Re: New Ford Endeavour Launching in Jan 2016 in India

In India, new Endeavour is considered as competition to Fortuner/ Pajero Sport/ Trailblazer but in other parts of the world, its competing with Prado and likes. Endeavour (Everest) in Australia is priced between $55k to $77k and Prado is priced between $55k to $84.5k. Assuming that Endeavour 3.2 Titanium is priced at 35 lacs in India, that makes Indian Prado 3 times costlier compared to Endy.

I find new Endy very well-rounded package but its major drawback is its weight. Weighing 2.4 tonnes for 3.2 Trend and 2.5 tonnes for 3.2 Titanium, Endy is even heavier compared to Prado! Indian website of Ford has not mentioned the weight of Endy but such a high weight is going to make adverse impact on performance and FE.

What I like in Endeavour 2016?
1. Looks, presence and feel.
2. Auto-gearbox and 4x4 combo in 3.2
3. Features like sunroof, noise cancellation, semi-auto parking, off-road modes and other tech.
4. Full flat folding 2nd and 3rd row to make a flat sleeping bed for campers.
5. Value for money if priced at par with Fortuner.
6. Better Handling.

What I don't like in Endeavour 2016?
1. Weight
2. Too much tech may pose reliability issues in long run
3. Auto-gearbox and 4x4 combo not available in 2.2 engine? Why Ford why??
4. Headroom issue in middle and last row.

Please check comparison of Endeavour 3.2 Trend and Prado 2.8 at Ford Everest Trend vs Toyota Prado GX

My favourite website for 4x4 stuff.

Last edited:

5. Value for money if priced at par with Fortuner.
This is the most important factor at the moment. When the Fortuner is still the leader, and still in the market as a 'Toyota" - Its already not easy for a "Ford" unless priced competitively. New Endeavour may have all the bells and whistles, But the challenge from Fotuner would remain unchanged, unless the price makes sense.

Last edited:

Actually the current Fortuner available in India has no chance not even will dare to stand before the new Endeavor,but when the new 2016 Fortuner is out the battle will be intense, Toyota s more focused on beating Endeavor with another 7 seat option the new Innova,
Since Indians are blindly Toyota biased Toyota knows the Endeavor wont post a threat to new Fortuner,so they have plenty of time to steal Indian customers from Ford,
What Ford must do is to market the product, heck the Indian Ford marketing is so damnweak that I often see Audi advertisements more than Ford adverts and publicity, just look at Renault they just advertise so heavily that people started thinking of Renault, they genuinely generated interests, Fords marketing department is hatching eggs, good for nothing.

Once endeavour was the fortuner of the present day. It got a dumb facelift and that took away both its aggressive look and sales. Then fortuner filled the gap. Many i know, who had innova bought fortuner without even taking a test drive and not knowing the basic difference between a muv and suv. They got fed up with ride quality, they thought fortuner would be better than innova.

Fortuner present is overpriced and under-equipped. So endeavour will sell, the showoffs will go for the low trim manual. Fortuner next generation will take around 2017 to come to india, so endy will have good sales.
I was waiting for endy , but seeing the price i am going to go for innova muv top trim which may come with 6 airbags,esp at 20-24 lacs.

Last edited:

Once endeavour was the fortuner of the present day. It got a dumb facelift and that took away both its aggressive look and sales. Then fortuner filled the gap. Many i know, who had innova bought fortuner without even taking a test drive and not knowing the basic difference between a muv and suv. They got fed up with ride quality, they thought fortuner would be better than innova.

Fortuner present is overpriced and under-equipped. So endeavour will sell, the showoffs will go for the low trim manual. Fortuner next generation will take around 2017 to come to india, so endy will have good sales.
I was waiting for endy , but seeing the price i am going to go for innova muv top trim which may come with 6 airbags,esp at 20-24 lacs.
Yes actually Endeavor is a vehicle that people who want 7 seats SUVs will only buy, the Innova is a better MPV, but since India is extremely price conscious and since cross shopping is evident across segments it will dull the sales of new Endeavor, but in a good way since the 2016 Endeavor is expected to have a waiting period of over 1-2 months, since its a CKD model from Thailand,
bbut once the Fortuner sets it foot, even if the Fortuner is not as good as Endy people will go for Toyota, thats what I am talking about, I feel Ford needs to do a even more to prove more than what it currently does to pierce the Indian minds, Hyundai,Honda,Toyota,Suzuki are formidable rivals,
Ford needs to step up in marketing at least better than Nissan,Renault,Skoda,VW to make hay , otherwise we will see super low sales

Its said that Ford is preparing a new Ford Fiesta specifically for India,Malaysia,Thailand,Philippines etc, this Fiesta code named B500 is the 1st Indian designed and built Ford just like the Ecosport and Ka/Figo from Brazil, this along with an MPV with the B526 chassis will make Ford portfolio strong, still what it needs most is MARKETING

For any buyer, who is buying a car keeping the number of seats in family in mind - which most of the users do - Innova makes more sense. Though Endeavour is another segment, I am not sure how many politicians, who are big buyers of Fortuners will move to Ford. Innova 2016 looks more upmarket and will tempt even SUV buyers towards it. (Even Fortuner buyers)
Whatever they offer, Endeavour can easily loose its ground in-front of upcoming heavy completion from New and present Innova, new and present Fortuner etc. Even new Hexa could be a threat if Tata could market it better ( I see many quality bits moving from Landcover to Hexa, which is a welcoming move from Tata). I see Hexa a very capable vechicle, if Tata doesn't make a pricing mistake again.

As 1989rs500 mentioned, Ford should Marketing team should come up and try to sell it better. The recent know the Service cost move from Ford is a good sign. But still we see Figo isn't marketed well. Twice I want to two show rooms, and I see no buyer in a fine holiday morning were present when they have 3 beautiful products from different segment standing idle.

Last edited:

For any buyer, who is buying a car keeping the number of seats in family in mind - which most of the users do - Innova makes more sense. Though Endeavour is another segment, I am not sure how many politicians, who are big buyers of Fortuners will move to Ford. Innova 2016 looks more upmarket and will tempt even SUV buyers towards it. (Even Fortuner buyers)
Whatever they offer, Endeavour can easily loose its ground in-front of upcoming heavy completion from New and present Innova, new and present Fortuner etc. Even new Hexa could be a threat if Tata could market it better ( I see many quality bits moving from Landcover to Hexa, which is a welcoming move from Tata). I see Hexa a very capable vechicle, if Tata doesn't make a pricing mistake again.

As 1989rs500 mentioned, Ford should Marketing team should come up and try to sell it better. The recent know the Service cost move from Ford is a good sign. But still we see Figo isn't marketed well. Twice I want to two show rooms, and I see no buyer in a fine holiday morning were present when they have 3 beautiful products from different segment standing idle.
Exatly the Indian 7 seat concept is completely taken care by 2016 Innova,so that will affect Enseavour hard, but that doaent make Endeavour a bad product,
I have been observing the C segment sedans in India for the past 8 years, never have Vento/Rapid become the top sellers or not even top 3 for that matter,but is it because Vento/Rapid us bad, nope by no means, in fact I still think Honda City,Hyundai Verna,Maruti Ciaz are far far far far inferior to the Vento, its all hype that sells the City,Verna,.. but what I observed is Venro/Rapid has a constant demand that never dies out, thats what I am expecting from Endeavour as well, a constant deman of 40-60 cars sold per month, but even for that Ford needs to advertise Endeavour,
And they seem to have a marketing division that seems to be grounded so deep that even the mass seller like Figo/Ecosport are not being properly advertised.

I have been observing the C segment sedans in India for the past 8 years, never have Vento/Rapid become the top sellers or not even top 3 for that matter,but is it because Vento/Rapid us bad, nope by no means, in fact I still think Honda City,Hyundai Verna,Maruti Ciaz are far far far far inferior to the Vento, its all hype that sells the City,Verna,.. but what I observed is Venro/Rapid has a constant demand that never dies out, thats what I am expecting from Endeavour as well, a constant deman of 40-60 cars sold per month, but even for that Ford needs to advertise Endeavour,
It is mainly due to the design language and pricing strategy. As Vento and Rapid are almost same in every aspect so they don't grab a better attention among the public and the other cars you mentioned Ciaz, Verna, City are following different design language even though they share same curves at shoulder lines but each cars have different engine on offer and whereas Vento and Rapid both share same engines and the companies haven't at all tuned it with different trims like the Duster and Terrano.

It is mainly due to the design language and pricing strategy. As Vento and Rapid are almost same in every aspect so they don't grab a better attention among the public and the other cars you mentioned Ciaz, Verna, City are following different design language even though they share same curves at shoulder lines but each cars have different engine on offer and whereas Vento and Rapid both share same engines and the companies haven't at all tuned it with different trims like the Duster and Terrano.
See design apart there are parameters that make a car good,
Like NVH,steering feel,brakes,safety,chassis,dynamics,engine,throttle response,usability of features,quality and robust feel of plastics, technology and its encapsulation,etc etc
The Vento Rapid twins are still a long way better than City,Ciaz,Verna,..in any such parameters,
Indians are biased to Japanese brands becauss they used to be reliable and still are reliable,but for that reason most people sacrifice everything else and go for it thinking whatever comes from the Japanese stable is superior,
The biggest downer was Honda Amaze and City i D tec, if I am not wrong Honda has a name for refinement,smooth quiet engines, and after being in Amaze and City it was just the opposite in fact they are the worst in that department and our people neglected refinement without a fuzz, that says it,they just look at the outer covering ,badge ,and say well this one is better,
The Rapid ,Vento twins
Ride, handle,better,has better NVH,has better gearbox,brakes are equally good,the seats of Honda are slightly more comfy but not by much, the VAG DSG models eat Honda for breakfast,doors feel heavy and strong in VW compared to light tinny feeling Honda, VAGs engine is light years better than Hondas be it power,accelaration,in gear accelarations,cruising ability, even mileage is not that behind,the head lamps the dual barrel headlamps of VW twins destroys Hondas head lights,the one touch and anti pinch power windows,high speed stability,ergonomics of switches knobs buttons,useful features unlike Hondas gimmicky touch screen,even price wise the Honda is pathetic before Vento,Rapid.
Its funny how people are blind folded and go for something with Japanese badge,anyway, I hope Ford too dosent get that fate for Endeavour.

Top Bottom