All About Windows: News & Discussions

Re: Which is a Better Option Among Lumia 720 / 820?

Hi bReeze AkA brIo,

Have you ever experienced Windows Phone 8 O.S?

If you are comfortabble with WP8 then only go for Lumia series phones. IMHO IOS in iphones still has the best refined OS by which it uses the lowest resources to run a app. iphones are very costly mind you. Android O.S is very resource intensive and very unrefined. it takes double the resources for running a app than what IOS will utilize. But you have a lot of options of phones using Android OS. Speaking about WP8 it pretty much is an excellent OS but the number of apps available in microsoft is very limited compared to Android/IOS.

Regards,
Sankar
By the end of the day the quality and apps which you think are important for you matter and not the quantity . Wp8 has all the required apps which one needs most of the time .

Thread Starter #17

Hi bReeze AkA brIo,

Have you ever experienced Windows Phone 8 O.S?

If you are comfortabble with WP8 then only go for Lumia series phones. IMHO IOS in iphones still has the best refined OS by which it uses the lowest resources to run a app. iphones are very costly mind you. Android O.S is very resource intensive and very unrefined. it takes double the resources for running a app than what IOS will utilize. But you have a lot of options of phones using Android OS. Speaking about WP8 it pretty much is an excellent OS but the number of apps available in microsoft is very limited compared to Android/IOS.

Regards,
Sankar
I had checked the WP8 UI from Reliance Digital. It felt easy to use, without much fuss. [:)]

iOS is the best in segment, but 45k for a phone [frustration]? I guess its uncalled for. Probably if Apple introduces a cheaper version at the end of this year, maybe i will think about it.

And apps, how many apps do we actually need? Android may have the numbers where WP falls short. But am pretty sure, WP would have those apps which are necessary.

At the end of the day, its Quality that matters and not Quantity. [:D]

Thread Starter #19

By the end of the day the quality and apps which you think are important for you matter and not the quantity . Wp8 has all the required apps which one needs most of the time .
Well said Raja bhaiya [;)]

Never go behind the Q with N when you can get Q with the L

I had checked the WP8 UI from Reliance Digital. It felt easy to use, without much fuss. [:)]

iOS is the best in segment, but 45k for a phone [frustration]? I guess its uncalled for. Probably if Apple introduces a cheaper version at the end of this year, maybe i will think about it.

And apps, how many apps do we actually need? Android may have the numbers where WP falls short. But am pretty sure, WP would have those apps which are necessary.

At the end of the day, its Quality that matters and not Quantity. [:D]
True if you are comfortable with WP8 then really go for Lumia 820. Don't go for 720 as it's been around a bit and is a bit pricey at what it offers. Even though both have 4.3in display 820 has AMOLED display which is far better to LCD display in 720. Also battery in 720 cannot be removed. In case of 820 you can even upgrade to more powerful third party batteries available.

Regards,
Sankar

You can expand upto 64GB in L720, courtesy Micro SD card. The only major difference is that 720, battery cannot be removed, though back cover can be changed.
For memory I mean RAM sir :)
And Android market place has both quality and quantity apps [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22

For memory I mean RAM sir [roll]
Did i miss memory somewhere? [roll] [thinking]

Yea 512mb vs 1gb.

But i've heard WP8 runs clean even on 512s.

Maybe sme apps / games would run a lil slow.

Probably L620 owners could provide their view on the same.

Did i miss memory somewhere? [roll] [thinking]

Yea 512mb vs 1gb.

But i've heard WP8 runs clean even on 512s.

Maybe sme apps / games would run a lil slow.

Probably L620 owners could provide their view on the same.
Memory means RAM btw. :)
512 MB is ok for now but what about future. My Toshiba laptop used to run super fast with 1GB ram with Windows Vista and nowadays its struggling like 60 years old Ambassador. Maybe the apps now is more system hungry that's why the problem. For any phone or computer we need to select best specs within our budget so that it will not struggle in future :)

True if you are comfortable with WP8 then really go for Lumia 820. Don't go for 720 as it's been around a bit and is a bit pricey at what it offers. Even though both have 4.3in display 820 has AMOLED display which is far better to LCD display in 720. Also battery in 720 cannot be removed. In case of 820 you can even upgrade to more powerful third party batteries available.

Regards,
Sankar
Brother 720 is just announced last month in mwc 2013 . Secondly it has a curved Corning gorilla glass and ips laminated display with fantastic bright viewing angles It has a very good camera and the price is going to be 17000-20000. Yes about battery I agree its non removable .

Nokia Lumia 720 hands on at MWC 2013 - YouTube

Lumia 720 Low Light Test - YouTube

Brother 720 is just announced last month in mwc 2013 . Secondly it has a curved Corning gorilla glass and ips laminated display with fantastic bright viewing angles It has a very good camera and the price is going to be 17000-20000. Yes about battery I agree its non removable .

Nokia Lumia 720 hands on at MWC 2013 - YouTube

Lumia 720 Low Light Test - YouTube
oops sorry mate got confused with L700. But still can LCD be compared to AMOLED displays? I own a Nexus 2 which has 4.65in amoled display and have felt LCD displays are inferior to amoled in extreme viewing angles.

Regards,
Sankar

AMOLED produces saturated color and IPS produces natural colors

IPS panel
IMG_1168.JPG

Super AMOLED
IMG_1147.JPG

oops sorry mate got confused with L700. But still can LCD be compared to AMOLED displays? I own a Nexus 2 which has 4.65in amoled display and have felt LCD displays are inferior to amoled in extreme viewing angles.

Regards,
Sankar
The new ips panels which apple , lg , nokia uses are better then amoled displays since ips gives better outdoor visibility , brightness and viewing angles . Right now the best display is super LCD 3 used in htc one .
The only advantage amoled has is dark contrast were black looks deep dark black , but then that gets compensated because nokia uses clear black technology which does the same thing on a normal LCD and a ips panel too .

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

So, to shorten it up, am planning for a change for a larger screen. Though i would still prefer a qwerty keypad over touch, but one needs to compromise something to get the other.

Camera (front & back), social networking, gaming to an extent, good user interface and shell life is what am looking for.

And i like to own a phone which not every other person in town would be behind! Feels good that way [. This has always been my way of selecting a phone from the early days. Nokia 3100 ---> Nokia 6230i ---> Motorola MotoRockr ---> Nokia E6

I dont like Samsung smart phones. All looks the same, be it 10k or 50k. And have heard my friends / colleagues complaining about its touch going kaput after a year or so.
my mom's using rokr [:D] E9. and yeah i too stay away from samsung , it sucks , personal opinion.

i still think you should go for the 820.

Motorockr, i still have it and use it as an ipod. The only problem it had was call lag. Phone used to hang once a call comes, and would come as missed call. And hence i was compelled to buy a new phone and bought E6 .
OT , but my rokr does the same [lol] but not anymore , the keypad stopped working , got it fixed from sc and no problems now.

Lumia 820 is better choice for dual-core krait SoC, AMOLED display, 1GB RAM, 1080P video recording with image stabilization. I think for limited memory lumia 720 is overpriced smartphone.

820 has a AMOLED screen so color reproduction will be better than the rest.

One question why you're comparing Lumia 620,720, and 820 with Samsung Galaxy S4??
620 costs-15K
720 will be- 19K
820- 24K
and S4 will be 45K
Another question do we need 1080P resolution and 8 cores processor in a mobile device? and after 217 ppi is enough for normal end user.
And Bigger size pita to carry as well.
Cheers
[thumbsup] nice explanation. but i won't say it's overpriced it has better GPU and better secondary Cam as well. they can't give everything otherwise who'll buy the 820.

Hmm,

Nice discussion mates, as the owner of a L 620 from a week , I can say the following

1. Screen is just sufficient, not too big and not too small, browsing and reading is pretty good
2. Battery is small by capacity, but it delivers better with the optimisation with WP8 as controling the tasks is easy and the applications get closed the moment we click the back button. The battery back up has increased with every recharge and presently my phone lasts for 1 and half day with moderate usage of everything
3. Wonderful thing is offline maps from Nokia and are really accurate and with voice guiding.
4. Screen clarity is really good in sunlight where I used to struggle with my previous samsung phone
5. Voice clarity is excellent and speaker option delivers good sound
6. The alphabets size is really good when you want to dail a new number and sms option is good with integrated with all the messages as a thread when you do multiple messages with one contact
7. Camera clarity is excellent with some awesome features with "smart shoot" option. We can scan the document and save or translate to other language quickly
8. Tiles view is good which are live tiles and giving good information on start screen it self and we can changed the tiles as per our requirements
9. Nokia store has all required apps, so I never felt it is falling short
10. I never tried with games as I do not like to use them on a phone

Finally I choose L820 over L720 !! finally

Top Bottom