All About Indian Motor Vehicle Rules and Laws

I think oversize vehicle here refers to Trucks etc loaded with cargo such as Hay, metal bars which protrude outside the vehicle.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Driving from wrong side of Road is offence in India or not ?
Well it is actually. However, in some situations, exceptions are made. Those situations include:

* If the road is having major repairs.

* In case of major accident. By major I mean involving many casualties.

* During some holy months in the Northern Part of India one of the sides of the road are allotted for the devotees who walk to the temples et al.

* In case of major construction going on. In such case, A board mentioning 'Diversion' is installed.

Regards

Akash

Well it is actually. However, in some situations, exceptions are made. Those situations include:

* If the road is having major repairs.

* In case of major accident. By major I mean involving many casualties.

* During some holy months in the Northern Part of India one of the sides of the road are allotted for the devotees who walk to the temples et al.

* In case of major construction going on. In such case, A board mentioning 'Diversion' is installed.

Regards

Akash
I means there is any fine, like for other offence . Because i never see such thing till now .
Traffic police just warn them and let me go .

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I means there is any fine, like for other offence . Because i never see such thing till now .
Traffic police just warn them and let me go .
Well, there is fine if one is caught but it depends if the cop is in good mood or has fought with his wife that day. If in good mood, one is let off, if in bad, then he makes sure to issue challan at all costs.

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Pune Traffic Fines List – If you are being fined more, let them know

In a recent crackdown, the Pune traffic cops have come down heavily on motorists and two wheeler riders breaching traffic regulations. The police have decided to levy heavy fines on those driving on the wrong side of the road, riding triple seat and stopping on the zebra crossing at traffic signals. CCTV cameras are being positioned at strategic spots across the city to capture images of these offenders.

A motorist captured on these CCTV cameras breaking traffic regulations will find his vehicle confiscated and heavy fines levied. The vehicle will only be returned once the fine is paid. Action is also being taken against those who abuse and physically attack traffic policemen doing their duty while courts have been asked to speed up action to be taken in such cases.

The Pune Police Department has released a list of offences and amount of fines to be levied in each case along with the section under which the offence will be registered. This is an exhaustive list of 42 traffic offences with fines ranging from Rs 200-2,000.

This has been done by the Pune Traffic Police to become transparent. Some citizens have complained that the cops charge more than the actual fine. To out that matter to rest, they have revealed official list of fines for traffic and parking violations. If a traffic cop is charging higher fine, citizens are requested to let the Traffic Police department know via social media or by calling 100 or by visiting a Police Station.

The traffic police will crack down on those drivers without licenses and fine them Rs 500, while those riding without registration will be fined Rs 1,000. Those riders/drivers not carrying licenses, fancy number plates, riding without helmets/seat belts, talking on mobile phones and honking in silence zones will all be heavily fined.

traffic-fines-india-police-official-2018-5.jpg

The Pune traffic cops are also keeping an eagle eye out for offenders who park in no parking zones and will be clamping these vehicles with owners having to pay heavily to release their vehicles. Speed violations, halting on zebra crossings and racing on the roads will also be among these traffic violations which will entail heavy fines.

Drivers of cars with tinted windows will not only be fined Rs 200 but will have to remove the films as well. Refusal of auto rickshaw drivers to ply to a particular destination will be against the law and under section 178 (3) of IPC will be fined Rs 50. Footpath parking, corner parking or parking near a bus stop or gate will also entail fines of Rs 200 while drunk and drive will be at the top of the list with a fine of Rs 2,000.

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
You’ll soon have to pay about 10 times more as a traffic fine for some of the most common traffic offences on Indian roads. The Amendment Bill to the Motor Vehicle Act has already been passed by the Lok Sabha, and is likely to soon achieve the status of law once the Rajya Sabha also passes it. Once this bill becomes a law, traffic fines will go up to ten fold.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Govt approves Motor Bill; steep penalties for traffic offences proposed

NEW DELHI: The government on Monday approved the Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill that proposes hefty penalties for violation of traffic norms including up to Rs 10,000 fine for not providing way to emergency vehicles and Rs 10,000 for driving despite disqualification, an official source said.

The Bill, which was pending for approval in the Rajya Sabha, lapsed after the term of the 16th Lok Sabha ended.

"The Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill. It provides steep penalties for violation of various traffic norms," the source said.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
E-Challan System Implemented in Various States Across India, Here is the List of Cities

E-challan system has been implemented in various states to effectively check traffic law violations like drunk driving, over-speeding and others, Parliament was informed on Monday. E-challan System has been implemented in Bihar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab and Puducherry at present, Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari said in response to a question in the Rajya Sabha.

"It is an integrated information technology-based enforcement solution to manage traffic laws violations through an Android-based mobile app and back-end web application for use by the transport enforcement wing and traffic police," the minister said.

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Government Mulling to Make Nitrogen-Filled Tyres Mandatory to Reduce Road Accidents: Nitin Gadkari

The government is considering making it mandatory for manufacturers to mix silicon with rubber to improve quality of tyres and use of Nitrogen in them to help prevent road accidents, Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari informed the Rajya Sabha. Replying to supplementaries during Question Hour, the minister termed the July 10 road accident on the Noida-Agra highway as unfortunate and said the Uttar Pradesh government has already set up a committee to look into reasons behind the accident.

Read:

Has the traffic sense improved in Indian roads after such steep fines? I dont mind paying a lac or two as fine in my lifetime if it ensures more safety for me and family on roads on account of fear among other drivers

Top Bottom