All About Automotive Gadgets

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

I was searching for a thread about Gadgets we use for automobiles. None was present so thought of creating one.

Just post the accessories you got/wish to get one/one you find here.

Here are few from my side:

OBD bluetooth scanner:
OBDII Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Cable - Black + Blue + Orange (DC 12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Car equalizer:
Wholesale Sound Activated Equalizer - Car Sound EQ From China

Emergency tool which I feel good one to procure:
Wholesale Car Emergency Tool - Emergency Car Window Hammer From China

Finally a best foot pump/Air compressor

Mods, Just append this post if a thread is already available.

Cheers,
Marun

Check the OEM for your system. At times they do not provide a dedicated aux port but it is there(pin connectors and all). But if are not willing to travel that road then I am afraid FM modulator is the only feasible option.

freakdude.

Check the OEM for your system. At times they do not provide a dedicated aux port but it is there(pin connectors and all). But if are not willing to travel that road then I am afraid FM modulator is the only feasible option.

freakdude.
Thanks for the idea. I will try it out.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yesterday, I was reading an article in Cartoq titled as ''4 EASY & efficient ways to break car’s window glass in an emergency'' and realised its important to have a window breaking hammer in my car. (with all the present cars come with electronic settings, any such incident can happen anytime/anywhere).

As such, I have ordered one Window breaking hammer cum seat belt cutter yesterday from Amazon Total cost Rs.319/- including courier charges. Expected to arrive in 2/3 days.

See the product here

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The product (Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer) arrived today from Amazon.

Here are the SS:

001.JPG

The hammer as recieved (kept in the bracket)

002.JPG

Bracket

003.JPG

The Cutter cum Hammer (taken out from the bracket)

004.JPG

Other side of the hammer

005.JPG

Seat belt cutter portion

006.JPG

Window glass breaker portion

007.JPG

Handle

008.JPG

The bracket (it can be fixed inside the car, if necessary)

009.JPG

Multi-language manual

Use

1. Locate and reach out to release the product from the bracket.
2. Hold the product by the handle with the hammer head pointing up.
3. Hook the seatbelt into the blade and slice through the belt with a back and forth motion until it is cut. Then proceed to releasing other passengers, small children first,from their restraints
4. Now using the other side of the steel heads on the product, smash the side window close to a corner by swinging it like a hammer. The glass should shatter after one or two strikes.
5. Protect your eyes and face by shielding them with your other hand , and let other passengers do the same. Once the glass is shattered , use the product to get rid of the remaining glass around the window edges.
[:)]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Aston Martin, Gentex Develop A Camera Based Rear Vision System

0jpocmak_aston-martin-gentex-develop-a-camera-based-rear-vision-system_625x300_04_January_20.jpg

Gentex Corporation and Aston Martin announced that they've jointly developed a camera-based rear vision system for future Aston Martin vehicles. Integrated into an Aston Martin DBS Superleggera for demonstration, the first prototype of the system will be displayed in Gentex's booth at the 2020 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.

This unique rear vision system - known as a camera monitoring system (CMS) in the automotive industry - uses three cameras to provide a comprehensive view of the sides and rear of the vehicle. Side-view cameras are discretely housed in each of the vehicle's exterior mirrors; their video feeds are combined with that of a roof-mounted camera and displayed together in multiple composite views that are streamed to the driver via a rear-view mirror-integrated display inside the cockpit.

The Gentex/Aston Martin CMS solution also includes a unique auto-adjust feature that dynamically alters the video feeds from the exterior-mirror-integrated cameras to adjust for mirror position. When the driver adjusts the exterior mirrors, the system digitally optimizes the camera field-of-view to provide ideal sideward vision.

Read:

I hope that you will never have to use that hammer.
One question modern cars give info about many parameters about a car. So, are obd scanners really required?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Amazon Echo Auto launched in India for Rs 4,999

echo-auto_425_735.jpg

The latest Echo Auto is an easy way to bring Alexa to one’s car. The Echo Auto can be plugged into the car’s 12V charging socket or via USB port. The device can be connected to the car stereo system via 3.5mm auxiliary cable or Bluetooth. Users then need to connect it through Alexa app from the smartphone and once the connection is established, it uses the existing data plan to stream music, make calls or send message to contacts and more.

ech-auto-1.jpg

Interestingly, Echo Auto uses the default navigation app on the smartphone and its data plan to provide directions. To ask Alexa to navigate to home or work, go to ‘Your Locations’ in the Alexa app settings and add the addresses. To update or check the default navigation app, visit the Traffic section in Alexa App.with an eight-microphone array designed for in-car acoustics and speech recognition technology, Alexa can now hear you over music, A/C, and road noise.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@Nairrk your advice is required here sir
May be, I will never have to use that Hammer but it is a small gadget and no harm in keeping in the car. that's what I thought.

Before buying this product, I have read a report in a newspaper (during last rainy season, which caused the flood situation in many places) that a car was submerged in a sub-way which was filled with water and the car engine stopped in between and the car was fully under water and the moment engine stopped all other gadgets went dead and the inmates were not able to open the door. Finally, some onlookers came to the rescue by breaking the glass from outside (Car window glasses are not that easy to break) .

What would have happened if this happened during night time or in such a place where no one near there to rescue..?

Also, prior purchasing this hammer, I have gone through many videos which explains most of the car owners abroad buy this product as one of the must have product to keep in the car.

I also have been keeping the hammer in my glove box, though not anticipating I may need to use this in any occasion, but why take risk when such gadget is available at cheap rate (Rs.320/-)[roll]

May be, I will never have to use that Hammer but it is a small gadget and no harm in keeping in the car. that's what I thought.

Before buying this product, I have read a report in a newspaper (during last rainy season, which caused the flood situation in many places) that a car was submerged in a sub-way which was filled with water and the car engine stopped in between and the car was fully under water and the moment engine stopped all other gadgets went dead and the inmates were not able to open the door. Finally, some onlookers came to the rescue by breaking the glass from outside (Car window glasses are not that easy to break) .

What would have happened if this happened during night time or in such a place where no one near there to rescue..?

Also, prior purchasing this hammer, I have gone through many videos which explains most of the car owners abroad buy this product as one of the must have product to keep in the car.

I also have been keeping the hammer in my glove box, though not anticipating I may need to use this in any occasion, but why take risk when such gadget is available at cheap rate (Rs.320/-)[roll]
Sir I was talking about the obd scanner.
I again pray that no one has to use that hammer ever.

Top Bottom