All About 3M Car Care Services and Experiences

Can Anyone help me with the exact price of the Paint Sealant program and Under body treatment for brand new car in Pune.

I got a quotation from the 3M Vimannagar (Pune), about 12K to 13K (all inclusive) for Paint sealant program and the Underbody treatment (5yrs) along with a engine wax as complimentary for my new Elite i20.

Where as the Hyundai says that they can do 3M Paint sealant and Under body treatment for 7K+tax. I am confused as there is a big price differance between 3M care and Hyundai dealer.
I am yet to take the delivery on 25th September.

Need help from the experts here.

Last edited:
I have fabulous experience at 3M VimanNagar (Pune) in last weekend.Took my brand new Elite I20 for Paint Sealant and Under body protection.
The floor in-charge Mustafa is soft spoken and described what will be the job and how they will do it. In fact the technicians also described their work whenever I have questions.
The Vimannagar branch is not big, can hold three car maximum at a time for detailing.
I visited then around 1:30 Pm and the Job is done by 5:30 PM with Engine coating as complimentary.
Though 3M car detailing is pricy (My wife has a doubt if this could be VFM or not) But after she watched work and their effort on my car detailing she was highly satisfied (off-course I am quite satisfied too for the VFM work by 3M)
Checked the 3M filming, but didn't opted as I am not sure if it allowed by Pune RTO or not.
Below are few pictures that I took during the work at 3M VimanNagar.

Attachments

Last edited:
Guys I am looking to get my detailed. I own a XUV 500. Can anyone tell me the avg cost that 3m would charge. What are the basic packages available. Little tight on budget

Experience at 3M will definitely be the Best, i had tried the 3M Car Care, HSR Layout in Bangalore, the staff were very good and do know how to do their job professionally.
Its very sad that there is no 3M Car Care center in Kolkata [cry]

Finally!! A store has opened up near to my place. [:D]

Address: Plot No: 44, Panvel, Navi Mumbai
Contact no. - 9920586773/27483355

I have been seeing this store for quite a while now but didn't knew when it was going to open and now they have, I will visit their store soon.

3M CAR CARE package availed for Toyota Fotuner from "Magical Touch, JP Nagar 2nd phase, Bangalore.

1. 3M Anti Corrosion Treatment (with 5 years warranty) - Xtra large : Rs. 5008
2. 3M Paint Sealant Essential - Xtra large : Rs. 6562
Initially told 1 year warranty .. later informed its 8 to 9 months :-(
3. Sun Film RE 70 - C (for side & rear only) : Rs. 7159
4. Scotchgard Paint Protection Film (PPF) - only some areas : Rs 28900
Front Bumper, Right Bumper, Door handle, About Rs. 575/sq ft (51 ft)
- initially informed they would optimize the wastage and reduce. In the end they charges as per the estimate :-( only

He gave about 10% off as package, and final bill amount about Rs. 42,218. I liked first 3 parts, not sure about PPF. Post facto probably sufficient for Door Cavity Handles and Side Door Edges. Any way its done !! Hopefully this is helpful for Fortuner.

3M Car Care Launches Door To Door Service

3M Car Care, a unit of the Automotive After Markets Division of 3M India, launched their door-step service for car care & detailing called ‘Store to Door’. Bringing this service to a customer’s doorsteps are vans which operate on a 100% plug and play model.

3M-Store-to-Door-1.jpg

The mobile car detailing van is GPS and GPRS enabled which tracks the location of the. The van also comes equipped with a television on which customers can view every aspect of the treatment before they opt for the service. Additionally, the van is also equipped with tools for various jobs and DIY material, which can be bought off the shelf by customers.

Technologically advanced and enabled with resources such as electricity, dry wash that eliminates the need for water and air, these vans offer consumers more than just basic detailing services like cleaning and polishing. Advance services like GermKleen (99% microbe removal from interiors) and Paint Sealant (unlike wax & polish, the sealant lasts up to six months) will also be made available.

Currently, 3M is present at over 1400 dealerships across the Country and has 50 stores spread across Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Cochin, Gurgaon, New Delhi, Nashik, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Raipur and Kolhapur.

3M Car Care launches its "STORE TO DOOR" service, introduces vans to offer door step services | Motoroids

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

My Honda City came with the 3M anti-rust protection, I would like to know, since it has been close to 4 years now, should I get the anti rust done again? Is there any specified timeline after which one needs to get it done? I am not seeing any under-body rust as such though.

Secondly, Can any of you may tell me whether getting anti-germ treatment for summers and the subsequent rainy season shall be effective or not.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
I have done the under body treatment at Hyundai ASC, it has a collaboration with 3M car care. I got a warranty of 5 years at just 2k. I am quite satisfied with the work done. [:)]

I have done under body treatment, Noodles mat and paint sealant. Here is my feedback Hyderbad Banjara Hills and Hitech City shops. Both are owned by brothers and I gave my two cars to both places.

3M Hyderabad Banjara Hills - When I gave my Ertiga there for noodles mat, the service that I received was awful. I still regret for the money what I paid and the work done for my Ertiga. There are too many joints and pieces in make a mat and the person who did the work is not aware of how to cut and shape the mat. I paid 13k + for Ertiga but I lost confidence in 3M Hyderabad Banjara Hills. I paid full money for Noodles Mat, paint sealant and underbody treatment. All put together 18K+, but the service what 3M provided way behind than Bangalore / Pune 3M services. My first experience in 3M Hyderabad Banjara Hills was awful and I still regret.

3M Hyderabad Hitech City - It is certainly comparable and better than Banjara Hills. There are couple of guys Arul and Paul who takes care very well. but again it is not certainly comparable to Bangalore or Pune 3M services. I referred 4 of my friends to 3M and all of the paid the amount to get important treatments like underbody cover, Paint Sealant and Noodles mat. But none of them given confident feedback about their service and I personally went there to check for my underbody and paint sealant since both were not available in Banjara Hills 3M shop at that time of payment but I still paid because the shop owner promised me to get the service done in Hitech city as there was no treatment material available. The service of Paint sealant and Underbody is good but I have to sit with their employees to make sure they do the right job. It is tough for customer to do this job. However I felt okay because it is my car and I have to care more than 3M. Still they are behind than other 3M in India.

In a constructive feedback manner, I would say Hitech City 3M shop better but not a topper in India. Servicing guys are ignorable when I interacted with them for paint sealant and underbody protection so watch out if you are caring your car so much than 3M. Only the values that I could see from Arul and Paul who are young but eager always to provide satisfaction. They are good!

Last edited:
Hi,

I was seeing 3M's ad on facebook every now and then but was not able to decide whether to take my Ertiga to them or not but after reading this thread I feel that its time for my Ertiga to get interior cleaned and exterior protected. Its been 3 years now and 56000 kms done, so i'll take the car and see what they do! :)

Thanks.

Top Bottom