All About 3M Car Care Services and Experiences

I got it done. It was a complete paint sealant. They charged 5.3K in 3M Car Care, HSR Layout, Bangalore.

I still believe price is high. They left my car shining. It did not cover any interior/winsheild job. It is expected to last about 7-8 months. As per their claims, it will protect the paint from water marks and minor scratches. Certainly there is an improvement but I do not see that big difference. Water marks still appear (after heavy bangalore rains) and are only slightly easier now to get rid of them. 5.3k for this work was a bit more than worth.

Enjoy~!

Does it protect against bird droppings.That is the only thing that has left marks on my paint.
Jarpickle, I somewhere heard that the bird droppings has some acid kind of stuff which spoils our car easily. I immediately clean it where ever I found bird droppings on my sparky.

And I dont think 3M products does any protection for this.

For all the members who live down in the south part of bangalore their is a new 3M showroom opening in the next 10 days at Bull temple road Opp to Subway.

Jarpickle, I somewhere heard that the bird droppings has some acid kind of stuff which spoils our car easily. I immediately clean it where ever I found bird droppings on my sparky.

And I dont think 3M products does any protection for this.
That is true, it is acidic.But sometimes when the car is standing and has not been cleaned in time the paint tends to melt.If it cannot protect against this then what is the use of 3M or any other such paint protections?

I think Vkool had marketed their paint protection against bird droppings.After my next paint job I will get that done.

Solid paints suffer more than metallic ones, because metallic ones come with a clear coat and its the clear coat that gets affected and not the paint.

Yes 3M does a good job, but their prices looks to be high, that is the reason I did not go to them so far. But in the market there is no body like 3M and yes they charge for that monopoly at the moment and for the brand

Yes 3M does a good job, but their prices looks to be high, that is the reason I did not go to them so far. But in the market there is no body like 3M and yes they charge for that monopoly at the moment and for the brand
Try to find out about Vkool paint protection.If their films we so good, I am thinking this would be too.

I see their ads every now and then in the motoring section of the newspaper.

My experience with 3M car care andheri:
I have a black car, which had a huge spiral scratch made by children in my neighborhood. The scratch was deep and I knew the best way was to repaint the entire hood, but I needed the car for the following months very badly. I took it to the then newly opened 3M center in andheri, and I opted for the most expensive package. The results were very very satisfactory. They managed to hide the scratch very effectively, to the extent it was only visible to the keen eye. Fast forward a year, and my brother scratched the car. The scratch was superficial and I hoped that it would be taken care of detailing. The car had also acquired multiple swirls and some minor scratches here and there. This time also I opted for the most expensive package which included paint sealant. This time I was thoroughly disappointed. Not only they couldn't hide the scratch, but the swirls were still visible as well. Now I detail my car every 6 months from the local detailer, and I knew that atleast the swirls could be taken care of by proper detailing. I spoke to Mr. Parag at 3M andheri (nice and very courteous guy though, was very forward and apologized as well) and expressed my disappointment with him, reminding him that I was one of the very first customers at their shop. He offered to do a repeat detailing, free of cost, but it was now late in the evening and I had other engagements. I told him that your charges for the same package has increased by about 2k vis a vis. But he couldn't help me out there either.
Now, I am happy that he was willing to redo the detailing, but in my eyes the charges are no longer justified. The paint sealant was useless in less than one month, and the swirls were back in full swing as well. I got the detailing done by my local detailer, and I was happy with the results.

Conclusion: You pay extra for the 3M brand name. I am of the opinion that its better to find a good local detailer, who uses good products for detailing, and who will give you a more personalized service.
Just my 2 cents.

If the scratch was deep any amount of detailing will not hide it.It was wrong on their part to have accepted the car and make you wait.Did they refund any of your money?

If the scratch was deep any amount of detailing will not hide it.It was wrong on their part to have accepted the car and make you wait.Did they refund any of your money?
The first spiral scratch was pretty deep. I knew detailing would'nt hide it. But 3M did an excellent job of it (they had just opened shop then. I was among the first few customers there)
The scratch made by my brother was superficial, which can be easily covered by detailing. This time though, forget about hiding, they made it stand out!
No, they did not refund the money. I did write a complaint. I got the scratch covered by my local detailer.
I believe, 3M is quite professional. Just that I prefer local detailers myself.

For the price, I suggest you drive in to a local garage where you know someone personally or had been referred. They take your paint code (pasted on left front door panel, for Verna Fluidic as i saw) and create a mixing based on that. They will do a touch up which will still cover your scratches for the sake at much cheaper price.

I was offered Rs. 1000/- for a side bumper multiple scratches.

@Simple_car : I have exactly the same scratch on my left doors (spiral scratches by a child) on my black SX4. Planning to visit these people soon.

PS: 3M can not help you with bird droppings and bud falls off the trees. They are highly acidic and destroy your paint. Get rid of them ASAP when you have them.

Enjoy~!

Hi,

I visited 3M Virugambakkam, Chennai, for under body treatment with 5 years warranty. They did a nice job and delivered on time.

I have asked for a quote for PPF for my Honda Amaze, for which they quoted around 16k, which I felt too high and dropped that plan.

I have brought 3m PPF flim rolls from ebay, planned to do it myself on door foot steps.

Top Bottom