All About 3M Car Care Services and Experiences

Thankyou for your feedback manoj, but seems you didnt got my question.
See as atleast here in my town,with huge inventeries at 3M car care showroom they are not getting the business as it should, so they provide the facility of their services at many authorised service centres of different brand.
When enquired at 3M store for the paint protection treatment, i was not told to keep the car under sun or under shade or overnight anything else then the time taken by them and the process of the whole treatment.
While when had a word with my friend who owns hyundai ASS, he told me that as same treatment with same 3M guys does that job over there as well, during my first service i can have that treatment done by 3M guys at his premisis, i know commission part here,but he tells me that i have to keep my car overnight to get the sealant does it job perfectly for longer duration,as taking it out in sun would make this treatment useless.
I hope i cleared this whole confusion of mine better way this time.

Thankyou for your feedback manoj, but seems you didnt got my question.
See as atleast here in my town,with huge inventeries at 3M car care showroom they are not getting the business as it should, so they provide the facility of their services at many authorised service centres of different brand.
When enquired at 3M store for the paint protection treatment, i was not told to keep the car under sun or under shade or overnight anything else then the time taken by them and the process of the whole treatment.
While when had a word with my friend who owns hyundai ASS, he told me that as same treatment with same 3M guys does that job over there as well, during my first service i can have that treatment done by 3M guys at his premisis, i know commission part here,but he tells me that i have to keep my car overnight to get the sealant does it job perfectly for longer duration,as taking it out in sun would make this treatment useless.
I hope i cleared this whole confusion of mine better way this time.
Yes exactly got what you said, the sourced guys from 3M do the job and they are the ones who carry the brand 3M in certain showrooms, well what i would say is they know the job but they are not professionals in it

I had gone through the same during the initial purchase of my car if i have to explain it in a very simple way this sourced guy had added wax and polish to the black stickers on the A-Pillar which comes on the swift, but left it with some stains which looked like oil stains, the car used to shine for a week and was in vain and felt like no use and i paid 2600INR for it, these sourced guys are the one' who add up all stories on what to do and what not to do, but that is tTotally useless i would say because they don't go through the checklist by 3M on what is to be done and moreover this is due to the number of cars they attend on a day, they are bound to finish whatever comes in and end up doing an unfinished job on 8/10 cars which they work upon daily

If you happen to visit a 3M owned store, they take your car in the morning and give it in the evening with a clean and a neat professional job and you are ready to go and they never instruct you to stay off the sun or any other extra gyan, only advise would be to use their conditioner and how to wash and dust post their process

Moreover they commit on vehicles which they can do for the day or re-schedule it for the next day to make sure that the job they pick is done clean with customer satisfaction and they listen to your feedback with utmost seriousness and prompt attitude to get their hands dirty again if needed

Last edited:
Interesting thread friends,

My car yet to visit 3M for a treatment, but I was thinking whether should I before my 20k servicing or after as I am worried that after doing this job at 3M, again Maruti service people spoil everything

Yes exactly got what you said, the sourced guys from 3M do the job and they are the ones who carry the brand 3M in certain showrooms, well what i would say is they know the job but they are not professionals in it

I had gone through the same during the initial purchase of my car if i have to explain it in a very simple way this sourced guy had added wax and polish to the black stickers on the A-Pillar which comes on the swift, but left it with some stains which looked like oil stains, the car used to shine for a week and was in vain and felt like no use and i paid 2600INR for it, these sourced guys are the one' who add up all stories on what to do and what not to do, but that is tTotally useless i would say because they don't go through the checklist by 3M on what is to be done and moreover this is due to the number of cars they attend on a day, they are bound to finish whatever comes in and end up doing an unfinished job on 8/10 cars which they work upon daily

If you happen to visit a 3M owned store, they take your car in the morning and give it in the evening with a clean and a neat professional job and you are ready to go and they never instruct you to stay off the sun or any other extra gyan, only advise would be to use their conditioner and how to wash and dust post their process

Moreover they commit on vehicles which they can do for the day or re-schedule it for the next day to make sure that the job they pick is done clean with customer satisfaction and they listen to your feedback with utmost seriousness and prompt attitude to get their hands dirty again if needed
Thankyou soo much manoj for sharing this valuable information, yes got the point and its always better to visit their brand showroom and get whatever service you want to avail from 3M directly.
Tomorrow morning heading for the treatment at 3M showroom itself.

Thankyou soo much manoj for sharing this valuable information, yes got the point and its always better to visit their brand showroom and get whatever service you want to avail from 3M directly.
My pleasure.[:)]

But please do post the pics if possible, before and after the job

@Vijay, any update for your treatment? I am planning the same soon, hence waiting your response.

Was about to start a new thread for some paint/coating related queries. Good to come across this before I start.

My was repainted by Maruti about 2 months back. The finishing is not that good and rather I have dust and water stain marks sticking strongly to it. And they don't go off easily. Wiping with wet cloth is a tough job as one wipe removes marks and creates new ones. Have to wipe multiple times everywhere to get the finish.

Which coating do I require here and what cost should I be prepared with? Maruti people suggested me taflon is it has not been done yet. Should I go for taflon coating or any 3M treatment. Or both? What would be the approx price. My car is Mettalic Black SX4.

Thanks.

Enjoy~!

@SpeedyGuy

Go with Teflon coat at 3M car care or get it paint protection treatment. The costs are individual so the teflon coat may cost you around 2000 and paint protection also around 2000, but I do not know exactly, just visit a 3M care and find out.

The problem with your painting is the paint looks to be low quality and the process seems to be not good with those people

yes correct you are. They do not take that much care to give a proper finish. Probably they just make it slightly dull and spray over it. Finally do a but of rubbing to mix the paint with the remaining body.

I went to 3M Car Care in HSR Layout, Bangalore. They did not tell me anything about teflon. They did mention some paint protections which would last for few months.

Enjoy~!

Hey guys 3M is opening a new store in Basavanagudi, opposite to Dominos Pizza.

So it's a good thing for guys staying in South Bangalore.

On Friday they were fixing the board.

Hopefully will get the under body rust coating for my hawk here.

The store is yet to open.

And this place is just 5 mins from my place.

3M Store HSR Layout Bangalore so far sounded honest to me. They did not take my car knowing that it was repainted recently and already had a coat of polish. They asked me to come back after a month (may be after 1st free service). It's time I give them a re-visit and see what comes up for me. Also, have some engine vibration/noise work to be done. Lots of stuff for my ride here :(

Enjoy~!

Teflon coating is just overrated.Please avoid it.

When you get the paint protection done ask for a guarantee, what is it protected against.Bird droppings are the biggest enemies of paint.

Underbody coating at 3M is really good.

Hey jarpickle, they offered three categories. I don't really remember them well but prices were like 1k, 2k and 3.5k for some paint sealant coats. I'm visiting them today and will try to get some work done. Would post pics and share my experience soon.

Enjoy~!

Here they offered only two packages and the thickness of the coating and the checkups were the only things that differed.

Top Bottom