Alert! My Maruti 800 Stolen in New Delhi - Need Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumped into this thread from most stolen cars,very sorry to hear about this 350z,i understand how you must feel.I think you should let the police handle it,there is nothing more you can do.
When i was in school i wanted a geared cycle called Hercules top gear(first gear cycle in India),after alot of tantrums & begging my parents gave me one.I loved it alot & rode it once in a while for next 7 years.One day it was stolen along with other items from my place.It burnt me that the theft happened under my nose,i went to every cycle shop & offered a big reward if they could give me any details.
Only the thieves accomplice was found & he was thrashed , I was eager to get hold of the thieves who dared to steal from me as they had fled town,few months later they had to abandon there homes & family had to flea out of fear.

I never found my cycle but i realized these fellows are cursed for life while people like us can get back to our regular lives. Crime does not pay ,it will haunt them for life.

Last edited:
Vibhor,

Sorry for being late in the thread, just saw the reply in Most stolen cars thread & came here. Very sorry to hear about ur loss. Hope you will get ur ride soon. Also as others said, please be prepared for the worst & for the insurance claim.
IIRC, We have to submit FIR copy & NOC [Not sure about exact name]from police to insurance people for the claim. Lucky you got lodged FIR.

for NOC, policewala will really hesitate to give easily, because it proves the inefficiency of them to find the theft vehicle. That form states that they cannot recover the vehicle stolen in their area.

Sorry to discourage you, but be prepared to experience something like below explained,is what we experienced,

We have faced this problem twice, once for my uncle's XL super Heavy Duty in 2006 & MY cousin's Discover 125 in 2008. Both in pondicherry, but different police stations.

For us both times, filing FIR is itself a big head ache.NOC is other different story.

My cousin used to get calls from police stating that they found his discover, when he goes there they show some scrap junks, asked/forced him to accept that as his one. This happened 2-3 times, later he got frustrated & used his office MD's local political influence to get the clearance from Police.

My uncle got letter form MLA to get clearance from them for XL super. BOth times it was a real struggle, spent lot of time, money. absolutely no peace of mind.

FYI, XL super is 9 month old & Discover 125 is 1 year 3 month old, when they got stolen.

Our idiotic politicans & their outdated law structure.[frustration]

Not sure about your area though. Let's hope & pray for the best.
Sorry if i sait something OT, i think i haven't.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #64

350Z

Core Team
I have begun the procedure for claiming the insurance. Received 'not-traced' certificate from cops last evening (fortunately without a fuss).

Drive Safe,
350Z

The IDV is around Rs.55,000. However, it cannot substitute the car or the emotional attachment that I had with it.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I know. I didn't mean that. I have an attachment to my cars too and I know how you must be feeling. But you still need to be compensated at least partially for your loss. Anyway Happy New Year!

Money just cant replace a car we love, it would have been great if those cops would have found your car instead of giving a "Not-Traced" certificate.

I feel for you mate. All I can say is that I hope whoever stole the car rots in hell.

Regards,
Vipin

Edit: One question. Suppose a car has Rs. X as it's IDV and if the car is stolen and cannot be traced, will we get Rs. X from the insurance company or some percentage of that?

So sad to hear about the incident.
I was going through the OLD IS GOLD thread and was wondering why the owner parted so mercilessly with the beauty. Actually the end of the thread was a bit strange.
Nothing can ever replace the car, and more importantly the memories left behind.

I feel sorry for you.3 long years have passed since your car got stolen.350Z,I suggest to check abondoned cars in Delhi,as the thieves tend to abondon the cars after their work is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom