Ajay From Pune with 1.2 Fiat Palio

Thread Starter #1
Hello Petrol Heads
Myself Ajay, basically i am from Haryana but since last 18 years i am servicing (voluntary serivces in a charitable hospital) poor & needy patients near pune, maharashtra providing everything free like operations, OPD, medicines, meals etc.

my family lives in haryana only and i am single here and will remain so to do the services to help poor peoples.

my hobbies are readingbooks & listening spiritual music and doing meditaion. and above all to help poor n needy ones.

few months back i just bought a second hand Fiat Palio 1.2 (2003) petrol for 40K. this is my first car and condition is good.but i think it needds some serviceing and some maintainence.

i loved this car from day one.
got new car covers and bit other work.
i rarely drive it as i have lot of work in hospital to do.

i go as far as 10-20kms up and down twice a week.
one issue is that the dealer has not given papers till date since last 8 months (my mistake i trusted him and paid full 40k as he said that the family is in need of money thats why they are selling it so cheap.) and i am after him but he always make excuses this and that.
thats why i am not able to go out.

another is the average problem
my friends driver took the car and he says that the average is very low
may be 5-6 kilometers per litre
I have never seen this but yeah i know it takes more petrol
as compared to maruti alto (my friends alto was with me for 1-2 months and it consumes less petrol. but maruti alto stands nowhere in front of this beast)

now my friend & my family had suggested me to sale it after getting papers from that guy or return him if he dont give papers.

they are telling me to get some good car like 1.5 to 2.0 lakh which have good average also.

before this car i have seen Chey Optra 2003-2004 for 1.5K, mumbai passing
it was in good condition. i was buying that one but due to some reason it got cancelled.
but then i saw this car fiat palio and me and mine friends went to see this.
they did a test drive and they finalised it, i also liked this car (its body, steadyness, it looks ) and said yes to get it

guys, frankly speaking i am in love with this car and ready to spend some money on it also the moment i get papers from that guy
( it needs service, all tyre replacements, may be clutch plates also)
may be 20-30k expenses plus green tax etc

as i dont drive regularly i was thinking what to do?

shall i spend money in buying second hand big car or shall i spend money on people to help them who came to me.

so i am writing this post to need your advise friends.

Hello Petrol Heads
Myself Ajay, basically i am from Haryana but since last 18 years i am servicing (voluntary serivces in a charitable hospital) poor & needy patients near pune, maharashtra providing everything free like operations, OPD, medicines, meals etc.

my family lives in haryana only and i am single here and will remain so to do the services to help poor peoples.

my hobbies are readingbooks & listening spiritual music and doing meditaion. and above all to help poor n needy ones.

few months back i just bought a second hand Fiat Palio 1.2 (2003) petrol for 40K. this is my first car and condition is good.but i think it needds some serviceing and some maintainence.

i loved this car from day one.
got new car covers and bit other work.
i rarely drive it as i have lot of work in hospital to do.

i go as far as 10-20kms up and down twice a week.
one issue is that the dealer has not given papers till date since last 8 months (my mistake i trusted him and paid full 40k as he said that the family is in need of money thats why they are selling it so cheap.) and i am after him but he always make excuses this and that.
thats why i am not able to go out.

another is the average problem
my friends driver took the car and he says that the average is very low
may be 5-6 kilometers per litre
I have never seen this but yeah i know it takes more petrol
as compared to maruti alto (my friends alto was with me for 1-2 months and it consumes less petrol. but maruti alto stands nowhere in front of this beast)

now my friend & my family had suggested me to sale it after getting papers from that guy or return him if he dont give papers.

they are telling me to get some good car like 1.5 to 2.0 lakh which have good average also.

before this car i have seen Chey Optra 2003-2004 for 1.5K, mumbai passing
it was in good condition. i was buying that one but due to some reason it got cancelled.
but then i saw this car fiat palio and me and mine friends went to see this.
they did a test drive and they finalised it, i also liked this car (its body, steadyness, it looks ) and said yes to get it

guys, frankly speaking i am in love with this car and ready to spend some money on it also the moment i get papers from that guy
( it needs service, all tyre replacements, may be clutch plates also)
may be 20-30k expenses plus green tax etc

as i dont drive regularly i was thinking what to do?

shall i spend money in buying second hand big car or shall i spend money on people to help them who came to me.

so i am writing this post to need your advise friends.
Thats a noble work you are doing. [clap]

Congrats on your purchase.

Regarding transfer of car: If he is not initiating, get the necessary forms signed by him and get the name transferred in your name. I hope you have paid the 40k by cheque/ NEFT. If he refuses to sign the papers, you can lodge a complaint against him stating after selling the car, he isn't ready to transfer the name and you can show the payment transaction to the cops.

Regarding FE: FE of Palio was always less than Alto. But 5-6kmpl is too less. Get the car checked by a trusted FNG.

Thread Starter #3
thanks rahul401
for your reply
i have a local mechanic for cars in uruli
shall i go to him or any fiat service center ?

already i have spent 10k on new battery and front windshield

so your advice bro is that i shall keep this & after getting papers
i shall tune it
right? [clap]

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep up the good work,
regarding the car. there is no point in spending money on it. first get the papers and then sell the car.
And do not buy the Optra. Since you are doing charity work there will be no time to take these cars to the workshop often so get rid and buy a Maruti Suzuki- ex- esteem, zen, wagon r, alto,
2004 onward good condition vehicle will be within budget and most importantly trouble free once repaired....

Thread Starter #5
Thanks abrarhex for your advise.
I will get papers and after that i will sell Fiat Palio.
I wont Buy Optra also.
frankly speaking brother i dont like maruti alto, zen, wagon R cars
I know they give good average & very less maintainence cost.
I like Big Cars.
Today one friend of mine has offered me that he will provide me his driver whenever i need my car to send to pune for repair & maintainence to the respective service center of that brand.

also Today i came to know that my 2 doctors are planning to sell their cars in near furutre.

one is having Skoda Octavia (6 years old, approx 1Lakh Km Driven) but in very good condition and maintained, giving FE 16-18kmpl, pune passing
Price approximately 1.50- 2.0 lakh

other doctor having Toyota Corolla Car (10 years old, Approx 1lakh km driven and in very good condition & very well maintained, Pune passing
Price Approximately will be in between 1.50 - 2.0 lakh

Thirdly one of my friends ask his used car dealer about Honda City 2005 Model
Approx 1Lakh Km driven and cost is 1.75 lakh
Mumbai Passing

Now shall i go for any one of these cars or not?
Now i have a person also to take my car to service center and have money also to spend on the car.

Thanks and regards

Top Bottom