Airtel Broadband - Excellent Service.

Thread Starter #1
I have an Airtel brodband in my residence & they have been giving me great service with good support till now.

My office had an MTNL line which was pathetic & very slow. So I decided to shift to Airtel consideing my good experiences.

The goods -

1) I placed a request online. Within 2 hours, I got a call from them. they explained me the plan details & informed me that I will have to pay Rs. 250/- as installation charges & also buy my own modem as Airtel does not provide a modem. I was fine with it. I was told that I will get a call within 72 hours & then within 7 days, the installation will be done.

2) The Airtel engineer came to my office the next day itself, instead of calling me. He explained the plans & filled the form. He also told me that since the connection is in my company's name, I would get the modem for free, I can buy a wireless router by paying extra. Also, installation charge is NIL!

3) The next day the Airtel guys came to my place to do the connection. Please note that I was initially informed that all this would happen within 10 days but this was happening within 2 days. Now, instead of a normal modem, they gave me a wireless modem for free.

4) After the whole installation, they connected me to the helpline number where the executive confirmed my details, explained the plan, billing details, helpline number, payment modes, account details, etc. & also enquired whether they had taken any money from me...

5) In my residence, I have had very few issues with the line, but whenever I have had one, it has been solved under 4 hours. Thats their policy.

So all in all, I am happy as the installation was free for me (as against Rs. 250/-) & also I was given a wireless modem by Airtel (as against my own modem). I am getting 4 Mbps speed till 10GB for Rs. 1099/- (without taxes).

The bad -

1) The installer came very late & I had to wait till 8 pm with him!

Even i liked the service support of Airtel. But their billing was not good. They added un-necessary charges to the bill each time. They even added caller tune once!! Dad got fed up with them and we switched over to BSNL. Service support is not that great , i had to wait close to a month to get a faulty modem replaced , not for free but i paid too!

4MBPS means how much does it translate to DL speed? And also how much speed after 10GB? Unlimited right?

Even I have an Airtel broadband at my place since the last 3 years. Excellent service I must say. I do not remember to have experienced any service downtime in this period and as said by Raj above, wireless modem etc etc free. Loads of plans to choose from.

Highly recommended !! [clap]

Thanks for sharing the link Raj , i was never aware of such a thing. My DL speed is 0.68MBPS , i pay Rs.750 only though.

Thread Starter #6
MTNL broadband offers 1 MBPS for Rs. 999/-

Airtel offers 2 MBPS for 999/-
and 4 MBPS for 1099/-

So, we chose the 1099 plan. so for Rs. 100/- more, I am getting 4 times faster speed than what MTNL gives plus better service support.

That's good. But i am disappointed with Airtel here in Chennai especially their billing. I am happy with BSNL for now , maybe will consider Airtel in the future.

BTW i am an Airtel customer for a long time in mobile communication , so far so good.

That's good. But i am disappointed with Airtel here in Chennai especially their billing. I am happy with BSNL for now , maybe will consider Airtel in the future.

BTW i am an Airtel customer for a long time in mobile communication , so far so good.
Daya they cant mess up with the plan Raj has because it is nearly unlimited upto 10gb it will be in 4mbps speed after that it will change to 256 Mbps speed for free so no messing.
But as in your case setting caller tune [frustration] you should have escalated the problem .

I have a same plan as raj and no problems still now .[:D]

Yes, this is unlimited.

256 kbps after 10GB (fair usage policy).

According to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test, our download speed is 4.12 Mbps & upload speed is 0.80 Mbps.
though you might be happy, i wont call it a vfm service. Because you are paying a thousand bucks for 10GB.

It is fine If you are a casual surfer but for somewhat heavy downloads this is not enough.
Btw @raj if you stay in central side of mumbai, do check upon 5net broadband.
They have an awesome DC hub and great plans.
Some were as low as 10mbps full U/L For just 10k-11k yearly.
Also recently reliance have launched their new plan for 12mbps for 20 odd GB and Then 1mbps later for 999 p.m.
So again airtel not the preferred option.

Last edited:
I had problem with airtel , I called their customer care may be 10 times and no proper response . Than one fine day i called and asked for disconnection, that was the time everyone woke up and were behind me. Initially I was paying 999 for 512kbps for 5 Gb. Now also it's the same but the cost is 599 with 200 rs phone calls free ! ( I am a light user and so I accepted the offer ) . Their call center is horrible one. make you wait for more than 20 minutes every time you call them. Given a chance i will never take airtel.

I am using the 2 mbps 30 gb pack for my home,charges around 1400,
had some problems with bills not being delivered home as they had started emailing the bill when i was insisting for a hard copy (never asked them for an e-Bill)other than that no complaints & i had a connection not working for a week due to there workers(lineman or technician) reporting my problem rectified when it was not(he seemed to be in a hurry to go somewhere so the fool must have lied as rectified),but in comparison i feel airtel is reliable here in Bangalore at-least.They had my modem replaced under 24 hrs after there line was struck by lightning that too on a Sunday morning!

A tip- Send them email instead of calling customer care as customer care hotline are just plain slow & ignorant! (I am saying this from personal experience)

Last edited:
On the other hand just google for airtel broadband reviews and get shocked by the feedback.

People have gone up to rename airtel to failtel and cr@ptel.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Wish I had not posted so early... On day 1, I got a speed of 4 MBPS, then onwards the speed dropped below 1 MBPS, going as low as 0.17 MBPS.

I have sent a mail to Airtel customer care, lets see how they respond.

Airtel billing is PATHETIC! I have several experiences of false billing by Airtel, which my father informed me before taking the connection, but still I preferred to go with Airtel only to know after one month only that they have charged me for calls (STD) which I never made. And some false charges in broadband too.[frustration] I refused to pay and cancelled the connection without paying after which they told me that they will go to court, I said do whatever you want and since then I have got no replies from them. This was 4 years back. Since then I have been using BSNL and am Happy![:)]

@ Mercedised This is what exactly happened for me also. We waited for 3 months and all three 3 months we got false billings. Did not pay the last bill and asked them to disconnect my service. They never even bothered to come and disconnect the service and take back the modem( at that there was an option for renting a modem). Switched to BSNL 5 years ago and mostly happy till now apart from few issues.

The best part about BSNL is there are no hotlines , no e-mails , just go their office and give a written complaint. But the worst part is the lineman comes to your home and services you based on the amount you tip him!

Top Bottom