Air Intake Revisions & Performance Filters: Do They Work?

Thread Starter #16
K&N offers much more performance improvement. Had it in Zen mpfi.The pickup increased drastically and also the average. Even my friend is having in his Fabia and he feels the same.

Thanks for details information,very helpful.
The K&N57is are losing low end torque and rarely show anyimprovement against stock.

The K&N Apollos lose power against stock. Not a single test has shown an improvement as yet wherever made in the world.

The typhoons are not bad, However, only one of them comes close to the AIRs I have designed.

Thread Starter #17
Below is a a dyno graph from an Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD. I know, the model is not available in India (we can import it). But it shows that the air intake in modern cars is not as efficient as many people claim.

The engine has got over 3,20,000km on the clock.

Stock power is rated at 175bhp. The particular engine is a bit down on power, which is obviously down to wear. The graph was made 2 days ago.

Please note that the AIR increased torque at 2000rpm by just under 52lb ft! This is close to 30% increase! The AIR also increased peak torque by over 9lb ft.

Attachments

Hell all,
I own a second hand optra magnum 2.0 LT diesel 2011 model. I bought it in 2015 with 48K Kms on odo. Now, the car has clocked 100K, and running on Code6 remap for the past one year with BMC stock replacement filters for couple of years now.

The BMC stock replacement filter seems clogged no matter how many times I clean it or oil it. It makes the car sluggish and makes noise past 120 as if the car is struggling. At the same time, when I put a cheap stock replacement paper filter from Altech brand, it spits more smoke but there's no noise and pulls upto 200kmph much conveniently and quickly. So, I decided to try a K&N conical filter ( 1001-RD) this time.

Can someone please guide me on what should I do to extract full performance of this filter and what should I expect post installation? I am planning to install it in the current air filter box, but I read about SRI and then CAI and of late about AIR which I am not really sure an alternate name for SRI.

Should I just be fine with installing the filter in the current air filter box or should get a customer made piping, shield for better output? Thank you for the help!

Best,
Amjath
20191213_172444 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom