Air-Conditioner V/S Climate Control

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Gone are those days when having an Air conditioner in car was considered as one of the big feature, because as the time is passing on, A/C has eventually become a standard equipment which is available on all cars, including entry level models too, but as the saying goes, where one chapter ends, another begins. Meet the latest popular feature of this new era – Climate Control. Many of you must be familiar with this name, No? However, still there are a few queries asking about the functioning and difference in Climate Control and Air-conditioner. So read on this small guide to get basic know-how about them, which will certainly help you better to differentiate between both.

Air Conditioner

SN853063.JPG

Needless to explain, An air-conditioner requires you to manually switch on the blower and adjust its ‘Cool’ and ‘Hot’ settings accordingly to your comfort. In reference to the above image, following are the controls of a basic car air-conditioner.

1. Air Re-Circulation Mode
  2. Blower Speed Regulator
  3. Cool / Hot Temperature Regulator
  4. Air-flow Direction Regulator

Climate Control

IMG_4009_wm.jpg

Modernity meets the new technology, an automatic climate control, as the name itself indicates; it functions automatically like a charm upon pressing the ‘Auto’ Button. The computer memory present inside the car compares outside temperature and adjusts itself accordingly. Otherwise, you also have an option to manually select the settings (they appear in display screen on dashboard) which still the air conditioner maintains throughout the journey.

1. Auto-Climate Control Button
  2. Manual Blower Speed Regulator
  3. Manual Temperature Adjust Regulator
  4. Climate Control Display Screen

Apart from this, climate control also features the Zoning facility, such as two zone and four zone, which allows the occupants to virtually divide the car's interior environment into separate climate zones so that each passenger can adjust air-conditioner settings depending upon their own choice. In two zone, the settings car be adjusted for only driver and front passenger, where as in four zone, rear two passengers can also do same, including front two.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good thread Vibhor. Basic things but useful.

@diabloo, the cooling will be same, but in Manual you have adjust manually. For, ACC, just set the temperature, it will decide the blower/fan speed etc.
FE should not be different, if A/C in ON.

I too prefer Auto AC though i dont have one in any of my cars. The main advantage of it being the AC needs to be switched ON and OFF while driving which sometimes distracts mind.

Good thread 350Z with a nice pictorial representation.

Now my doubt is , will the fogging of windshield occur even in ACC during rainy days?

And in ACC do we need to set the temperature always or will it decide to set a temperature depending on the conditions?

in ACC, you need to set the temp (23 or 24 degrees) once & it will maintain that temp inside that cabin by adjusting fan speed, cooling, etc.

nect time onwards, when you start the car, you just need to press the 'ON' button & it will remember the temp you had set earlier.

Oh thanks Raj , so you say 22-24 is the optimum temperature in normal conditions? And what about fogging? Cant it be reduced in ACC?

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for the info. Between A/C & ACC, which offers better:
1) Cooling
2) FE
There’s no difference in cooling.

Now my doubt is , will the fogging of windshield occur even in ACC during rainy days?
No it won’t, if you adjust the air flow circulation to correct setting, just like in normal car air-conditioner.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i prefer the ACC. it is quite a useful invention. it increases and decreases accordingly to my tastes just sometimes i have to manually decrease because the ACC sets the AC to too high!

Oh okay 350Z i thought since its ACC the windshields will never fog during rains!:tongue:

I am waiting to get used to it in my new car!

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
I guess Hyundai Verna is equipped with climate control in all variants except Base Diesel. Which variant is yours?

Drive Safe,
350Z

nice piece of information. i never knew whats the meaning of dual zone etc. but now its clear but can someone explain how exactly can car create zones in itself??

because i think they have sensors outside so they can detect. I mean my ACC automatically adjust the AC if it is hot and it starts to rain, then it reduces automatically.

Top Bottom