Agony of Moving From 2016 To 2017 Mahindra XUV500

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I booked Xuv500 on 10th dec 2016 and dealer promised me to deliver it on 21st December. On 21st we reached the dealership with demand draft ready for final payment, but to our surprise they said that they do not have available and only option now come in next month. What i lose here

1. 51 thousand cash discount
2. I had taken leave for one week so that i can also go for outing in this car
3. Family excitement for what they were waiting since long
4. One more month wait and following them delivery date and pricing
5. DD amount which has already gone from my account

Dears and senior members, may you please suggest now what can be done here. I do feel that they shall give 51k discount as i never wanted 2017 model and ut is their fault that they did not deliver it.

I also escalted it to Mahindra customer care, they assign it to regional sales managers and he brought again dealership in picture and said you both need to talk. What the hack is this , if we could have sorted this then why we escalated it to you.

Till this date no one is telling me price and discount. They only say thay we will see what can we do once we deliver vehicle.

What a kind of attitude is this? They have no respect of custimer time and money.

Cheers
Neeraj

@Mods: Please move this thread under car shopper as i wrongly put it inside introduction

Last edited:
Customer care people are like that only. Recently while purchasing Tiago, I had a small issue with dealer. I got similar response from customer care people. But then I mailed Tata customer care email id and they gave me area sales Manager's number. He was cooperative and issue resolved. May be you can try mailing to some customer email id?
Really disappointed with the dealer attitude since other dealers might have given you the discount and now time already passed. Hope Mahindra take it seriously and your issue resolves. Since you haven't got the car you have the freedom to check out Hexa as well.

Thread Starter #3
Customer care people are like that only. Recently while purchasing Tiago, I had a small issue with dealer. I got similar response from customer care people. But then I mailed Tata customer care email id and they gave me area sales Manager's number. He was cooperative and issue resolved. May be you can try mailing to some customer email id?
Really disappointed with the dealer attitude since other dealers might have given you the discount and now time already passed. Hope Mahindra take it seriously and your issue resolves. Since you haven't got the car you have the freedom to check out Hexa as well.
Good to know that your issue was resolved.
I also tried reaching area manager and got him involved through proper channel but no luck. I already thought about hexa option and have driven in hexa experience event. It lacks some characterstic which i do not want to go through in this thread.

Any legal option i have here or consumer court??

Hello Neeraj, So what's the situation now? I hope they delivered your XUV on next promised date.

Though noone is this world can compensate time and emotions but if the discounts were kept intact, I can see that you have gained something better than what you were loosing in terms of monetary point.

December is never a good time to buy vehicle unless you have plan to keep vehicle for 10-15 years.

Suppose in 2020 you decided to sell your vehicle, The December 16 car will be 5 years old and January 17 car will be 4 years old and that one month can earn you a lakh more in resale.

Lot of automotive used car portals have filter of age of car. If somebody chose car less than 4 years old your Dec 16 car will not even appear in list but Jan 17 will.

Just by not appearing in the list you may have lost bunch of prospective buyers.

However everyone has their own situations and thoughts. I might have missed something from your perspective.

Top Bottom