Aftermarket Tacho Meter / RPM Meter

Thread Starter #46
Yes it is due to high voltage..fluctuation is due to ignition coil, it generates up to 17 to 18volts. Our tacho can take upto 14 volts..

Thread Starter #48
Yes you can get a tacho for 2 cylinders cars too..

You need to buy a universal tacho which has a switch to adjust 2,3,4 / 6 cylinders.

Yes it is due to high voltage..fluctuation is due to ignition coil, it generates up to 17 to 18volts. Our tacho can take upto 14 volts..
What if we check with some electronics shops in S.P.Road, they usually have these diodes that does reduce voltage etc?

I am not talking about the tiny zener diodes, it is something similar to the green BY127 diode used in 12v/16v dc adapters.

Thanks for the tacho information, Varun.

I have Ritz Lxi which doesnt has a pre-installed Tacho on it. Will check out with MGA showroom in mumbai and get it installed in my Ritz. You bought it at Rs. 1087/-, correct?

Thread Starter #53
Thanks for the tacho information, Varun.

I have Ritz Lxi which doesnt has a pre-installed Tacho on it. Will check out with MGA showroom in mumbai and get it installed in my Ritz. You bought it at Rs. 1087/-, correct?
I guess in your car you would have a option to connect the RPM meter from ecu, inquire with MASS for wiring so that you can get one..

Wonder if i can install RPM meter to i10, haven't inquired with showroom yet.
You can fit an RPM meter provided you have a provision for wiring from ECU, Does any of the i10 versions come with RPM meter as factory fitted if yes you can get the wiring..

You can fit an RPM meter provided you have a provision for wiring from ECU, Does any of the i10 versions come with RPM meter as factory fitted if yes you can get the wiring..
I am not sure if any model have RPM meter installed will check inquiry with dealer tomorrow :)

Thread Starter #56
Aftermarket chip, where will it be connected, is it available in India..
Please share the info about how it works..

Varun am not sure about your cars there but some cars can actually have those installed in them. I have a Hatech Pro Plus ECU in my car ( costs about $2000 Au)

visit Haltech – Engine Management Systems
or check out for some cheaper versions of them am sure there will be many
some are
Microtec
Monster chips

i have searched online but all techometers are of 3 / 4 / 6 cylinders, and i have 2 cylinder car.
also it has ECU. so dont know how to connect if i found correct one.

Thread Starter #60
Varun am not sure about your cars there but some cars can actually have those installed in them. I have a Hatech Pro Plus ECU in my car ( costs about $2000 Au)

visit Haltech – Engine Management Systems
or check out for some cheaper versions of them am sure there will be many
some are
Microtec
Monster chips
I guess this is out of our range.. [roll]
Will try to search for an alternative.. any way thanks for the info..

Sreejesh, can you please post the wiring diagram..

Top Bottom