Aftermarket Tacho Meter / RPM Meter

You will, you can find so many swifts out there bound to find Dzires too.It will be so much better than drilling holes in your dash to fit a tacho.Please check it out.
I will check but i am sure Dzire's instrument console with chrome strips won't be their in any scrapyards in Kerala atleast as old generation Dzire were sold only for 3 years. Anyway will check and update the thread. I think i might find Swift console but still i will have to spend huge amounts on dashboard wiring kit which costs 30k[frustration]

Regards,
Sankar

deville_56

Honoured Member
I think there won't be any difference in wiring harness for Swift Dzire LDi, VDi and Tour as any slight change will cost them a lot. I found in Estilo that everything is prewired, it should be the case with dzire series too, only exceptions being a-star and ritz (which too i thinnk there should be connection till come coupler). Check yourself or get hold of some enthusiastic mech.

Deville_56, can't the odo be recalibrated?
It's underground job [evil]

Last edited:
I think there won't be any difference in wiring harness for Swift Dzire LDi, VDi and Tour as any slight change will cost them a lot. I found in Estilo that everything is prewired, it should be the case with dzire series too, only exceptions being a-star and ritz (which too i thinnk there should be connection till come coupler). Check yourself or get hold of some enthusiastic mech.
I had checked this with couple of senior engineers at MASS and i am told that they are different.[cry] Installing VDi instrument cluster will also be expensive.

Regards,
Sankar

If it can be recalibrated then its good news for Sankar and a lot of other people whose ODO develops problems.They can go for a cheaper alternative from the scrap yard.

Thread Starter #155
I had checked this with couple of senior engineers at MASS and i am told that they are different.[cry] Installing VDi instrument cluster will also be expensive.

Getting a new console or old one would again be a problem, you would be missing out the ODO readings.
Also did you check if all warning lamps are similar on VDI console ?

Also check if the couplers which fit to speedo console match. If not, as suggested by jarpickle and deville get a ritz tacho would look sporty too.

Last edited:
Getting a new console or old one would again be a problem, you would be missing out the ODO readings.
Also did you check if all warning lamps are similar on VDI console ?

Also check if the couplers which fit to speedo console match. If not, as suggested by jarpickle and deville get a ritz tacho would look sporty too.
There are couple of other sensors in VDi console and also it will be a very cosly affair so i am planning to for Ritz VDi console only. Will also look sporty[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

deville_56

Honoured Member
There are couple of other sensors in VDi console and also it will be a very cosly affair so i am planning to for Ritz VDi console only. Will also look sporty[:)]

Regards,
Sankar
Why not try Autoguage [evil] if the OEM unit is creating this much headache?? :D
It's available with Jerry's Performance, he can arrange neat install too.

Top Bottom