Aftermarket Seat Belt Warning

I am happy to note this information that seat belt is compulsory in Chennai, Hyderabad still needs to implement this
Are you talking about for the driver, or for the other passengers. For the driver it has been compulsory in Kerala for a very long time. Fine used to be Rs100.

In kerala New Transport Rishi Raj Sing is very strict, Seat belts & Helmets are compulsory.
Seat belt reminders are just fancy Stuff, Thump rule is buckle up.

Are you talking about for the driver, or for the other passengers. For the driver it has been compulsory in Kerala for a very long time. Fine used to be Rs100.
Hahaha, I am talking about the driver and AP govts always lethargic in these kind of things, they have just come out with an announcement for high security number plates after a exercise of almost 12 years and scolding from high court and supreme court number of times[:)], even it is a pity that no body follows helmet here, though it is compulsory

Here in Himachal Pradesh we have opposite, no one wears a seat belt here. Not because we do not care of traffic rules but as we have gorge on one side of road and more than 80% accidents happens if a vehicle rolls down from the road. People who got saved was due to not wearing seat belts and were thrown out of a car during a fall and no one has escaped if he was wearing seat belts because of vehicle totally destroyed due to deep fall.
For me, when i am at Chandigarh seat belts are must and when i am in Himachal Pradesh no seat belts. Even cops too don't dare to ask us to wear seat belts here. [:)]

Hi! I may be a little late in replying, but I came up with an idea while reading this thread..
I dunno if you all would like it, but I think the idea itself is "cool" and I may even fix it in my car even though I ALWAYS fasten my seat belt while driving..

So the idea is..well, if you can try recording a message in a device that may say, "Welcome! Please put on your seat belts and enjoy your drive!" or any customized message..

Now the tricky part is finding such a "device" that plays back a recording..We can then connect this device to the ACC terminal or the Cigarette Lighter terminal, so that as soon as the key is inserted and rotated, the device powers up and plays the recording..There! The theory part is now over..Now begins the hunt for such a "device".....
[gun]

Thread Starter #38
Hi! I may be a little late in replying, but I came up with an idea while reading this thread..
I dunno if you all would like it, but I think the idea itself is "cool" and I may even fix it in my car even though I ALWAYS fasten my seat belt while driving..

So the idea is..well, if you can try recording a message in a device that may say, "Welcome! Please put on your seat belts and enjoy your drive!" or any customized message..

Now the tricky part is finding such a "device" that plays back a recording..We can then connect this device to the ACC terminal or the Cigarette Lighter terminal, so that as soon as the key is inserted and rotated, the device powers up and plays the recording..There! The theory part is now over..Now begins the hunt for such a "device".....
[gun]
Idea is good. Thanks a lot.

But one thing need explanation.

It should cut-off as soon as you fasten your seat belt. if we could achieve this even a two wheeler buzzer would be enough.

I got stuck there only.

[gun]
it is possible, by implementing the same mechanism used in teddy bear toy play music when pressed.. here you need to integrate the same electronic switch on driver seat.. where as in the car the switch will get activated once some one sit on the driver seat and gets off if seat belt is attached to its holder hook.

I understand what you mean sethumurugan, but my concept differs slightly..The "device" in my idea wil only play the recording once when the key is rotated to the ACC position..the status will not change if you buckle up..it only serves as a reminder..And I think it should be enough to remind you to fasten your seat belt!
I did find a voice recorder module in ebay for 450 bucks plus shipping..I may give it a shot one of these days once Im in a constructive mood..
;-)

Thread Starter #43
I understand what you mean sethumurugan, but my concept differs slightly..The "device" in my idea wil only play the recording once when the key is rotated to the ACC position..the status will not change if you buckle up..it only serves as a reminder..And I think it should be enough to remind you to fasten your seat belt!
I did find a voice recorder module in ebay for 450 bucks plus shipping..I may give it a shot one of these days once Im in a constructive mood..
;-)
That is great. I think I have not read between the lines. Good. But I prefer it continious till we buckle of seat belt (generally we get into car in different moods)

Hi Sethu sir, can you post the pic of the seat belt holder on the seat. So that I can get you a solution for this.
Sure Varun. Today I will.

Hyd Traffic police are always busy with 2 wheelers. I have been driving for the past 7 months, not once was i stopped. But on my bike, atleast twice a week![frustration]
HA Ha. Same here. not caught once. (I wear helmet regularly while riding my bike so no question of being caught in 2 wheeler)

Hi friends,

I found a news on local papers that there are some amendments to the fine by traffic police for certain violations. One violation is not wearing seat belt.

My spark does not have warning signal for seat belt. Is it possible for make it as an additional facility in it?

Pls let me know.

Sethu
As everyone said, aftermarket stuffs will work. But do you really need it? I always wear seat belt while driving just because without seat belt I feel uncomfortable in a car. Just a habit. I can remember that after my 6 months of driving with seat belts, I am used to feel uncomfortable w/o wearing seat belt while driving.

Helmet in Bike and Seat Belt in car are the ONLY safety devices (forget ABS/Airbag etc etc since they will not saveone w/o seat belt). What I mean is seat belts are minimum safety device. So I don't care whether cops are around or not, but I will wear seat belt just to feel that I am driving safely.

Thread Starter #45
As everyone said, aftermarket stuffs will work. But do you really need it? I always wear seat belt while driving just because without seat belt I feel uncomfortable in a car. Just a habit. I can remember that after my 6 months of driving with seat belts, I am used to feel uncomfortable w/o wearing seat belt while driving.

Helmet in Bike and Seat Belt in car are the ONLY safety devices (forget ABS/Airbag etc etc since they will not saveone w/o seat belt). What I mean is seat belts are minimum safety device. So I don't care whether cops are around or not, but I will wear seat belt just to feel that I am driving safely.
You are right. I wear helmet whether the rule is there or not. From the day one am wearing helmet.

But in this seat belt matter still am not used to it. That is why all these came up.

Top Bottom