Aftermarket Seat Belt Warning

Thread Starter #16
ilango[speed thirst];140828 said:
One cheap solution , connect a buzzer to hand brake.
When you switch on key , the buzzer goes on. wear on the seat belt as soon as possible. release the hand brake and drive safely.

Cheap and best option i suppose!!! haha
Mr. Ilango, since you are in the field can you suggest me method for this.

Thread Starter #17
ilango[speed thirst];140828 said:
One cheap solution , connect a buzzer to hand brake.
When you switch on key , the buzzer goes on. wear on the seat belt as soon as possible. release the hand brake and drive safely.

Cheap and best option i suppose!!! haha
Mr. Ilango, since you are in the field can you suggest me method for this.

Ha Ha yesterday at a signal I saw a 800. The person had written Seat belt ? and stuck it on the horn pad on the steering. I guess this is the easiest way !!

Thread Starter #19
Actually, while i drive bike i follow the following things regularly.

Always wear helmet when i travel out of my locality. Except for the rides to local shopping, nearest park for walking like that.
Always make sure my side stand is properly taken care.
Always my left thumb will make sure the head light is off before kicking the kicker for while starting.

All of the above things have come by practice as you all people said. But this seat belt matter I had tried several times and am not able to remember it. Even I thought of adding a small sticker in dash board about this, but I thought it would be very awkward like a govt bus having sticker like "Drive slowly.. Save fuel" etc.

I have tried as 350Z said. Even for the short distance also I tried the same but after one stop, when I start the car next time I forgot. Even the same happend in long drives. I will wear [ entire family] seat belt either while going or coming and forgot on the second part.

So I thought it might not be harm in having a facility just for our safety.

Where I can get such knob and where the beep alarm need to be connected?
Ha Ha yesterday at a signal I saw a 800. The person had written Seat belt ? and stuck it on the horn pad on the steering. I guess this is the easiest way !!
[:D] That is really nice of for saving me lot of money. Already I had thought about it and droped that idea.

Mr. Varun, if you come across anything pls let me know... Actually I will also check with service guys next time when I go there. Am sure there will be some Chevy cars with those kind seat belt holder. Hope we could fix that in sparky. after that I can think of warning.

No offense intended but I wonder if wearing seatbelt is a task that needs to be remembered or requires an alarm system for the same? Please make it a habit to wear seatbelt regardless of how long the drive is and also make the co-passengers wear it. Personally I don’t think that it needs an aftermarket add-on.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I totally agree here. I simply cannot drive my car without wearing the seatbelt. So much so that I wonder how people drive without wearing the seatbelt. It makes me feel very uncomfortable when I don't wear the seatbelt.
Same with the helmet. The only time I ride my bike without wearing a helmet is when I take my bike from my car porch to my car shed. That's it.

Thread Starter #21
I totally agree here. I simply cannot drive my car without wearing the seatbelt. So much so that I wonder how people drive without wearing the seatbelt. It makes me feel very uncomfortable when I don't wear the seatbelt.
Same with the helmet. The only time I ride my bike without wearing a helmet is when I take my bike from my car porch to my car shed. That's it.
Me too agree with you all. But it depends upon the frequency you use your car or bike. I daily use my bike to go office [ not at least for past one year ] for 16 years and for all 16 years I am using Helmet, even from the period when there is no compulsory law.

But in regard with car, I hard use it. May be twice or thrice in a week that to for short distance. So this is not registering. That is the problem.

When I go for long, when we start from home I will make sure we all wear it. Assume I had a break in between when I restart, we all conveniently forget it.

So am looking for kind of alarm.

Varun,

It is looks funny[:)], but some times you know I that person feel that the steering as seat belt and start searching for horn in the car[confused]

Sethu Sir,

I think before you could find some thing and doing your DIY on this, I get a strong feeling that a cop will give you a solution with a huge fine [clap] I am just joking, but you know Only once I fined few years back, my hands automatically start pulling the seat belt the moment I sit in the car and I am so habituated with the seat belt that I feel like very uncomfortable if I do not wear it and feel like falling on the steering while breaking

Thread Starter #23
Could be. I think I should be waiting till I get fined. Till then dont do anything and enjoy the driving while saving some money.. [;)]

Could be. I think I should be waiting till I get fined. Till then dont do anything and enjoy the driving while saving some money.. [;)]
I feel like missed something or not confident to take the car with out wearing seat belt, its funny nowadays even to take the car outside for parkinh am wearing seat belt just for that 3 minutes task, and its the opposite way when it comes to my family members they hesitate to wear seat belt and feels like eatting bitterground if asked to wear seat belt.

I heard of fixing sensors benith the seat and seat belt lock, a good auto electrician can able to make one for you.

Thread Starter #25
Madhu, I know how imporatant the seat belts are. But I do it when I start (that too occationally). Assume I stop in the middle and when I start again I will forget about it. If I could have some kind of warning then am sure I will do that without fail.

My final thing is to stick small stickers behind steering wheel on the dash Boar as "Wear Seat Belt Pls" Hope that would be cheap and immediate option till I get something permanently. I will check with Chevy Service during my next visit. If they could fix even a small normal buzzer (the one is in two wheeler) that would be great.

Madhu, I know how imporatant the seat belts are. But I do it when I start (that too occationally). Assume I stop in the middle and when I start again I will forget about it. If I could have some kind of warning then am sure I will do that without fail.

My final thing is to stick small stickers behind steering wheel on the dash Boar as "Wear Seat Belt Pls" Hope that would be cheap and immediate option till I get something permanently. I will check with Chevy Service during my next visit. If they could fix even a small normal buzzer (the one is in two wheeler) that would be great.
Please do not take this the wrong way but, please make sure your wife/co passenger also wears a seatbelt, at least for long journeys. I argue with my wife all the time about this, now we have reached a comprimise on long journeys she will wear it, around town she wont.

Remember more than the law it could save your life.

Thread Starter #27
Please do not take this the wrong way but, please make sure your wife/co passenger also wears a seatbelt, at least for long journeys. I argue with my wife all the time about this, now we have reached a comprimise on long journeys she will wear it, around town she wont.

Remember more than the law it could save your life.
Not at all. And Thanks John.

Yes I also insist. From now on am going to make it compulsory even for the back seat passengers.

And I found this howstuffworks.com article very useful. Am yet to go thru fully. Will go thru by this evening.

I always wear seat belts in my Manza, even for a short drive. Earlier I used to omit some times, but Manza brakes are so sharp once I almost banged my head in front glass to avoid rear ending a moron.

+100 if not for rear passengers, we need to insist the seat belt for driver and co-passenger compulsory[:)] as all new modern cars come with disk brakes(earlier were drum brakes and impact used to be less)

Thread Starter #30
OK guys,

As of now the Date is changed to 8th Dec from 4th Dec. From 8th onwards Seat belt is compulsary in chennai.

I know we have made some discussions on after market seat belt warning, but could n't come to a conclusion.

So as a short term solution, I thought of having a small stickers as "Seat Belt Pls" in middle of my steering wheel. I Know it might be Odd, But for short period only. Either I will get used to it or find a permanent solution with seat belt warning. Suddenly Visran (Whom I met couple of days back in Chennai) gave an idea of Radium stickers instead of ordinary stickers. Radium stickers might be prominent even at night also.

Guys, tell me where I can get customized radium stickers. Will ordinary stickerwala will have it?

Top Bottom