Aftermarket Seat Belt Warning

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

I found a news on local papers that there are some amendments to the fine by traffic police for certain violations. One violation is not wearing seat belt.

My spark does not have warning signal for seat belt. Is it possible for make it as an additional facility in it?

Pls let me know.

Sethu

Re: Seat belt Warning

you can attach a warning beep if seat belt is not worn. for this the seat belt knob has to be changed to a new one with a switch in it. and it is to be connected to a beep alarm. and power has to be drawn to it.

if you clip on the seat belt the switch in the knob deactivates the alarm.

350Z

Core Team
My spark does not have warning signal for seat belt. Is it possible for make it as an additional facility in it?
No offense intended but I wonder if wearing seatbelt is a task that needs to be remembered or requires an alarm system for the same? Please make it a habit to wear seatbelt regardless of how long the drive is and also make the co-passengers wear it. Personally I don’t think that it needs an aftermarket add-on.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Actually, while i drive bike i follow the following things regularly.

Always wear helmet when i travel out of my locality. Except for the rides to local shopping, nearest park for walking like that.
Always make sure my side stand is properly taken care.
Always my left thumb will make sure the head light is off before kicking the kicker for while starting.

All of the above things have come by practice as you all people said. But this seat belt matter I had tried several times and am not able to remember it. Even I thought of adding a small sticker in dash board about this, but I thought it would be very awkward like a govt bus having sticker like "Drive slowly.. Save fuel" etc.

I have tried as 350Z said. Even for the short distance also I tried the same but after one stop, when I start the car next time I forgot. Even the same happend in long drives. I will wear [ entire family] seat belt either while going or coming and forgot on the second part.

So I thought it might not be harm in having a facility just for our safety.

you can attach a warning beep if seat belt is not worn. for this the seat belt knob has to be changed to a new one with a switch in it. and it is to be connected to a beep alarm. and power has to be drawn to it.

if you clip on the seat belt the switch in the knob deactivates the alarm.
Where I can get such knob and where the beep alarm need to be connected?

i think seat belt clips are standard size. any car with seatbelt alarm would do. indica/ indigo has one.

power to be drawn as an accesory same way we connect headunit. alarm be placed under the drivers seat

this the knob i was referring to.

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
Great. I think I got some fair Idea. Do all accessories shop will have this KNOB [ I would like to go for a Branded one ]

Assume am connecting this alarm to both fornt seat belts. And am travelling alone. Even in that case will it give sound?
If the answer is no, what will happend I have a co driver and he/she forgot to put seat belt and how do I get alarm.

sorry It may be silly, but I thought of clearing all my doubts since I had not used a car in the past with seat belt warning.

i think you will be able to connect to drivers seat belt only.

that part will not be available @ accessories shops. try them @ ASS or parts shops

well once you get fined you will never forget to wear seatbelt! this is more cheaper solution..just kidding buddy! telling from experience [lol]

Thread Starter #13
well once you get fined you will never forget to wear seatbelt! this is more cheaper solution..just kidding buddy! telling from experience [lol]
That is nice and very cheaper solution. But pls let me try without any money to cop's pocket ..

that part will not be available @ accessories shops. try them @ ASS or parts shops
seat belts kinda things arent available @ accessory shops. they are available @ Authorised service centres, or the shops that sell spare parts

Top Bottom