Aftermarket Hill Assist System in AMT Cars

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,
I recently bought Tata Nexon AMT Diesel, I also have XUV500 AT. Since day 1 I missed hill assist feature in my Nexon AMT so was searching on the web if it's possible to install hill assist feature in my Nexon AMT and found this site Home there is a new device called "Autobrake" which can be installed in AMT cars and it works like hill assist feature, in fact as per their site it works better than hill assist feature. I liked the concept and called on the number mentioned in the site and came to know that these people will launch this product around April and the price would be around 12-13 thousand. What do you guys think if I should go ahead and install this system in my AMT car or have you guys heard this concept earlier? Please share your thoughts.
Note: I am in no way associated with this brand and am not endorsing this system. I just wanted to know the responses of Automotive gurus about this mechanism.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
You are right, they say Autobrake is better than Hill Assist, but don't know whether installing this feature will affect AMT operation in the long run (they offer only one year guarantee?).
Also, what about the car warranty (manufacturers) on AMT/Engine - will they accept fitting such after market products, without affecting the original warranty?

Thread Starter #3
You are right, they say Autobrake is better than Hill Assist, but don't know whether installing this feature will affect AMT operation in the long run (they offer only one year guarantee?).
Also, what about the car warranty (manufacturers) on AMT/Engine - will they accept fitting such after market products, without affecting the original warranty?
I am sure that TML will not approve this technology, in fact, no car manufacturer will approve any aftermarket modifications which are directly added to their transmission/ braking system. I am not going to install this system all of a sudden, will check the reviews first then later on I may or may not install this in my Nexon but I really liked the concept. You never know if after some time the car manufacturers may start installing this system in their AMTs.

Hi guys,
I recently bought Tata Nexon AMT Diesel, I also have XUV500 AT. Since day 1 I missed hill assist feature in my Nexon AMT so was searching on the web if it's possible to install hill assist feature in my Nexon AMT and found this site Home there is a new device called "Autobrake" which can be installed in AMT cars and it works like hill assist feature, in fact as per their site it works better than hill assist feature. I liked the concept and called on the number mentioned in the site and came to know that these people will launch this product around April and the price would be around 12-13 thousand. What do you guys think if I should go ahead and install this system in my AMT car or have you guys heard this concept earlier? Please share your thoughts.
Note: I am in no way associated with this brand and am not endorsing this system. I just wanted to know the responses of Automotive gurus about this mechanism.
The product seems to be nice and very reasonable, its even a step ahead of the company fitted Hill-Assist feature.Its an amazing product to have for all AT cars without Hill-Assist.
I am amused that this feature can be added to a MT car too.
But as @Nairrk has mentioned, Warranty Void is a big scare for cars fitted with this product.
What did the AutoMate say about the Warranty Void issue after installation?Also, why are they giving just 1 year warranty?

i think i found a unique way to operate hill assist in my ignis amt one day when i removed brake pedal the vehicle wont move forward in D mode i was worried as to why the crawl / creep function was not working then found door was open / not fully closed, so if we can take connection from door button and fix it near dashboard whenever we keep circuit open sort of hill assist may work. just a thought.

Hi guys,
I recently bought Tata Nexon AMT Diesel.
I liked the concept and called on the number mentioned in the site and came to know that these people will launch this product around April and the price would be around 12-13 thousand. What do you guys think if I should go ahead and install this system in my AMT car or have you guys heard this concept earlier?
Hello Mukesh, were you able to inequire further about this system? I also own 2019 XZA+ D and the lack of hill hold assist is the only scary part of this otherwise awesome car. I am fully aware it would void my extended warranty but I would think to go ahead if it is reliable one. I just have dropped them an equiry but your experience would be more helpful.
Thanks.

Hi Mukesh
Any further news or development regarding the auto brake system? I have similar problem with my Baleno and have trouble holding on to the clutch and accelerator for long in an inclination. My leg trembles and dread driving over flyovers. I too came across automate but not sure if this would be acceptable or agreed by Maruti during Claims. If you have any info please share as I’m anxious.

Top Bottom