Aftermarket Heads Up Display (HUD) For Cars

Thread Starter #1
I need a Projector that will display the information's like Navigation's and map, Speed, Fuel limit etc on Windscreen.

Is there any such product is available for cars with minimal customization or installations?

Or any DIY Material is available here in this forum?.

Re: Heads Up Display - Windscreen Projection.

I am also a great fan of HUD Display

Most of the android phones are having heads up display mode, for functions like speed, mielage, max speed recorded

I will try posting screen shots of it

However i have also been searching for phones which display maps on the screen, without any leads till now

Thread Starter #3

Will the display is projected to windscreens? I have asked like showing the display in windscreen mirror.

Will the display is projected to windscreens? I have asked like showing the display in windscreen mirror.
Yes it is displayed on the screen ill get you some screen shots, or else give you the link to download it to your phone

PS - That App works on Android phones only

Thread Starter #5
Yes it is displayed on the screen ill get you some screen shots, or else give you the link to download it to your phone

PS - That App works on Android phones only
I think you misunderstood what I have asked...!! I have asked for a instrument which projects the speed, Map & navigation, Fuel quantity on the mirror (windscreen mirror) and not on the mobile screen mounted on the stand sticked to windscreen of the car.

Like the instrument will get outputs from androip app from a mobile and pass on to the projector which will projects the display in the mirror. [:)][;)]

http://www.bmwhk.com/_common/shared/newvehicles/5series/touring/2010/showroom/safety/_img/head_up_display_teaser_1.jpg

This is what i exactly looking for...? is there any such customization is available..?

I think you misunderstood what I have asked...!! I have asked for a instrument which projects the speed, Map & navigation, Fuel quantity on the mirror (windscreen mirror) and not on the mobile screen mounted on the stand sticked to windscreen of the car.

Like the instrument will get outputs from androip app from a mobile and pass on to the projector which will projects the display in the mirror. [:)][;)]

http://www.bmwhk.com/_common/shared/...y_teaser_1.jpg

This is what i exactly looking for...? is there any such customization is available..?
I certainly understand your requirements [:)], i saw the your pic too.

The Android App (Which im talking about) makes the the mobile screen as a mirror image which you will have to position under the wind screen in such a way that it reflects on to the windsheild and available to your driving-level view

I am just waiting for the pic to be sent by my friend, will upload for better clarity

Some pics from Google until then, hope it helps !

Attachments

I certainly understand your requirements [:)], i saw the your pic too.

The Android App (Which im talking about) makes the the mobile screen as a mirror image which you will have to position under the wind screen in such a way that it reflects on to the windsheild and available to your driving-level view

I am just waiting for the pic to be sent by my friend, will upload for better clarity

Some pics from Google until then, hope it helps !
Its called Ulysses Speedometer pro. Great app that. Ive been using it for a while now.

Its called Ulysses Speedometer pro. Great app that. Ive been using it for a while now.
Racerdabba,can u name which android phone has this feature?any low cost phone has this feature.?and is it possible to use during day time?

zengetz

Suspended

Its just a reflection on the screen. There is no 'Projection' as such.
The App gets the Speed via GPS and a mirrored image is reflected back on the screen.

You just have to place your phone on the dash.

IMO its more distracting than useful. I had tried it before and its only fun for a few minutes.

Thread Starter #11

Its just a reflection on the screen. There is no 'Projection' as such.
The App gets the Speed via GPS and a mirrored image is reflected back on the screen.

You just have to place your phone on the dash.

IMO its more distracting than useful. I had tried it before and its only fun for a few minutes.

I agree the statements above and also the display is also reverse since it is a reflection from the phone screen. if the navigation is shows right side, the reflection shows left side. that will be a problem.

The other fact is the display will not be that much perfect in the day time...

I need a "projection" not "mirroring image" or "Reflections".

the Ulysse speedometer is good for heads up display.. and am going to buy that.

Opinion on HUD

Hi friends, yesterday I saw a Merc SUV with an installed HUD. Seemed very attractive. Wanted an opinion if anyone of you has used or has been using the HUD in there set of wheels, and wanted some information also

1. How is the performance.
2. How useful or attractive will it be
3. Approx. cost
4. Any specific brand
5. Best cost effective place to buy

As I am interested for getting them for my CIAZ.[:)]

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Top Bottom