Aftermarket Heads Up Display (HUD) For Cars

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Opinion on HUD

There are some android Apps that give you HUD effect. Check em out!
There are also OBD port dedicated HUD accessories.

Personally, I did not find any pressing need for having the HUD, as all info (Speedo, MID, Revs etc) are clearly visible on console.

There are some android Apps that give you HUD effect. Check em out!
There are also OBD port dedicated HUD accessories.

Personally, I did not find any pressing need for having the HUD, as all info (Speedo, MID, Revs etc) are clearly visible on console.

Thanks, will surely check.
Yes, I agree with you that it gives no additional info but somehow it attracted my attention and that is the reason I opted to get an opinion on this.

Thanks, will surely check.
Hello ruchirsahai

I drive an Alto and that instrument cluster is certainly not the best thing to look at. As bhvm has already suggested, I have been using the DigiHUD Speedometer app since the last month. It is free, has a simple layout and uses GPS to show the vehicle speed along with small information like time, top speed, etc..

Some plus points are :

1. It's free :biggrin:
2. It has a simple layout which looks almost similar to high end HUD displays in luxury cars
3. It has an option to choose different colours for the display. I use 'aqua' which is the same as Chewy Beat's dashboard backlight.
4. It has an optional clock as well. Very useful since my car doesn't have one. A speed warning is also there, which changes the speed display's colour to red. I have set it to 70 kmph.

Some negative points are :

1. Display is not visible when there is oncoming traffic, unless you keep the brightness to max level which heats up the phone and drains battery as well
2. In most cars, a completely flat surface is in the centre of the dashboard (and not behind the console, where you want the HUD reflection to be), so the display would be slightly towards the centre console.
3. You may need an anti skid mat as well, since phones keep sliding here and there in a moving car. I already had one.

Here's the link from Play Store : Click here

I have no idea about pricing for HUD units and honestly haven't seen an aftermarket HUD in any car. A good party trick, but check the free version through an app before you consider a real HUD.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:

Hello ruchirsahai

I drive an Alto and that instrument cluster is certainly not the best thing to look at. As bhvm has already suggested, I have been using the DigiHUD Speedometer app since the last month. It is free, has a simple layout and uses GPS to show the vehicle speed along with small information like time, top speed, etc..

Some plus points are :

1. It's free :biggrin:
2. It has a simple layout which looks almost similar to high end HUD displays in luxury cars
3. It has an option to choose different colours for the display. I use 'aqua' which is the same as Chewy Beat's dashboard backlight.
4. It has an optional clock as well. Very useful since my car doesn't have one. A speed warning is also there, which changes the speed display's colour to red. I have set it to 70 kmph.

Some negative points are :

1. Display is not visible when there is oncoming traffic, unless you keep the brightness to max level which heats up the phone and drains battery as well
2. In most cars, a completely flat surface is in the centre of the dashboard (and not behind the console, where you want the HUD reflection to be), so the display would be slightly towards the centre console.
3. You may need an anti skid mat as well, since phones keep sliding here and there in a moving car. I already had one.

Here's the link from Play Store : Click here

I have no idea about pricing for HUD units and honestly haven't seen an aftermarket HUD in any car. A good party trick, but check the free version through an app before you consider a real HUD.

Regards,
Alpha
Thanks so much, as bhvm suggested I have downloaded an app and fortunately its the same which u have suggested DIGI HUD. Thank you friends....its a great idea ☺

Top Bottom