Aftermarket Head Unit For New Tata Nano

Thread Starter #1
Hi All

Friends as you know I am own a Maruti Alto LXI and a Nano LX 2012 and this query about Nano ICE.

I was in TASS for the first service and asked about after market ICE, they insisted to fit stereo or anything from outside it will void warranty, I don't want that costly/creepy Tata head unit.

I just thinking about connect a usb stereo from cigaret lighter point and it will be easy to remove before giving to TASS for service.[clap]

suggestions please.

It would be better if you mention a budget, it would help us recommend you the best for your buck.

I was in TASS for the first service and asked about after market ICE, they insisted to fit stereo or anything from outside it will void warranty.
[surprise] I don't face such issues with MASS. All our previous cars (M800, Alto, Wagon-R) had aftermarket HU, remote locks, Horns, 100/90 headlamps but availed all kind of warranty from manufacturer. I hope to make a quick money, dealer is insisting to get the stuff done at his end rather getting a VFM & quality product outside. Do check with other dealers too.

If your installer doesn't cut any wiring and uses a harness to connect the aftermarket HU to cars wiring then no warranty is void buddy. Mention your budget so as we can suggest you a HU.

freakdude.

i have the same question.
my budget is 8 to 10 k.

and cd player can be avoided, only USB / AUX / FM / Bluetooth will be ok for me.

also, if i get 4 speakers, then it will be good.

i have the same question.
my budget is 8 to 10 k.

and cd player can be avoided, only USB / AUX / FM / Bluetooth will be ok for me.

also, if i get 4 speakers, then it will be good.
HU : JBL X333 or Pio 1490UB - Price around 4K - I'll prefer X333 as it has 3 pre-outs whereas Pio has 1. Also, soung o/p quality of X333 is faaaar better that Pio 1490UB.
Rears : Pioneer TS-A6960E - Price around 2.2K - Awesome bang for the buck.
Fronts : Pio 4" coax (forgot the model number, some 14XX) - Around 1.2K - Nice crisp vocals for the price.
Wiring - Although decent wiring comes with the speakers so for a budget setup we can skip expensive speaker cables. [;)]
Installation - Max 1K

Total - 8.4K

freakdude.

HU : JBL X333 or Pio 1490UB - Price around 4K - I'll prefer X333 as it has 3 pre-outs whereas Pio has 1. Also, soung o/p quality of X333 is faaaar better that Pio 1490UB.
Rears : Pioneer TS-A6960E - Price around 2.2K - Awesome bang for the buck.
Fronts : Pio 4" coax (forgot the model number, some 14XX) - Around 1.2K - Nice crisp vocals for the price.
Wiring - Although decent wiring comes with the speakers so for a budget setup we can skip expensive speaker cables. [;)]
Installation - Max 1K

Total - 8.4K

freakdude.
thanks for reply bro,
but i think x333 dont have bluetooth. now a days, bluetooth is very important feature in daily city driving.
can you suggest any other HU??

thanks for reply bro,
but i think x333 dont have bluetooth. now a days, bluetooth is very important feature in daily city driving.
can you suggest any other HU??
Buddy it would be quite tough to source a decent branded BT HU in this budget, one option could be Sony BT2600, should be around 7K or so. But I don't prefer Sony at all in car audio. Else, you can use a cheap BT earpiece and pair it with your cell phone and use when driving. Thought I don't support taking calls when driving be it via earpiece of HU.

freakdude.

Buddy it would be quite tough to source a decent branded BT HU in this budget, one option could be Sony BT2600, should be around 7K or so. But I don't prefer Sony at all in car audio. Else, you can use a cheap BT earpiece and pair it with your cell phone and use when driving. Thought I don't support taking calls when driving be it via earpiece of HU.

freakdude.
Thats considerable. But what is use of preout??

Thanks

Thats considerable. But what is use of preout??

Thanks
Pre-outs or pre-amplified output is the output from the inbuilt feeble amp of the HU (normally rated around 50x4 max) which is used to feed a low-strength signal from HU to the external amplifiers. The amplifiers strengthen the i/p signal and deliver the high-strength signal to speakers/woofers.

So, more the pair of pre-outs more are the possibilities of future expansions. For eg : a 3 pre-out HU can send dedicated signals for front pair/rear pair and a sub-woofer, where as in a 2 pre-out HU either you can drive all 4 speakers or front speakers and sub or rear speakers and sub.

I hope I have not confused you. [;)]

freakdude.

thanks for the links, i got good review of JBL 333 from there

Pre-outs or pre-amplified output is the output from the inbuilt feeble amp of the HU (normally rated around 50x4 max) which is used to feed a low-strength signal from HU to the external amplifiers. The amplifiers strengthen the i/p signal and deliver the high-strength signal to speakers/woofers.

So, more the pair of pre-outs more are the possibilities of future expansions. For eg : a 3 pre-out HU can send dedicated signals for front pair/rear pair and a sub-woofer, where as in a 2 pre-out HU either you can drive all 4 speakers or front speakers and sub or rear speakers and sub.

freakdude.
thanks freakdude, you have cleared my doubt buddy.
will update here what i have installed.

done.
i have installed these

HU - Pio 1490UB - 2950/-
rear - JBL speakers - 1650/- (tried Pioneer TS-A6960E also, but JBL was good for me, also Pioneer TS-A6960E is cheaper about 1200/- for pair)
Front - 4" JBL - 1100/-
two twitters from dapic (Chinese one)

and some bucks for rear trey, front speaker box etc, so total cost is 6700/- with fitting.

and sound is very clear, usb recognization is in no time if its pen drive, and my android is detecting after about 20 ~30 sec.

freakdude.
OT: I am pretty late to this thread, that is one of the cleanest explaination I have ever heard about Pre-outs. Thanks a lot.

done.
i have installed these

HU - Pio 1490UB - 2950/-
rear - JBL speakers - 1650/- (tried Pioneer TS-A6960E also, but JBL was good for me, also Pioneer TS-A6960E is cheaper about 1200/- for pair)
Front - 4" JBL - 1100/-
two twitters from dapic (Chinese one)

and some bucks for rear trey, front speaker box etc, so total cost is 6700/- with fitting.

and sound is very clear, usb recognization is in no time if its pen drive, and my android is detecting after about 20 ~30 sec.
Hey congrats.. Pls share some pics of HU, how the front and rear speakers are in nana [ actually wanted to see it ]

Top Bottom