Aftermarket CNG / LPG Kit Queries and Discussions

Thread Starter #1
let keep this thread related all CNG query . this way all information regarding CNG remain in one place and people don't need to takeover other ownership thread for there answer

Re: CNG Discussion Thread

Hi All,

Can you please tell me which CNG KIT would be good for my 'Zen Estilo Lxi 2010'.

How much it will cost (approx.)?

What will be performance impact & which dealer will be good for installing it?

I've read on this same there are various type of CNG Kit such as open/closed/mpfi/sequential.

What is diffrence between them & which one will good for my car.

My daily running is around 60 KM & once a month I travel around 400KM on highways.

Re: Aftermarket CNG Kit Queries and Discussions

Hi Progtester,

I believe that you should go for a company fitted CNG kit as it is costing close to the cost of an Aftermarket Sequential CNG kit. Both cost around 50K . The difference is only of 4-5 K . I think peace of mind is better than saving 5K.

Hi All,

Can you please tell me which CNG KIT would be good for my 'Zen Estilo Lxi 2010'.

I've read on this same there are various type of CNG Kit such as open/closed/mpfi/sequential.

My daily running is around 60 KM & once a month I travel around 400KM on highways.
progtester welcome to TAI forum, i would suggest you sequential kit for your Zen Estilo which may cost you around 45-55K range depending upon the brand and fitment center you select for installation, also you will feel slight power drop in CNG mode which is quite negligible when compare to your saving while running on CNG though you will find nominal increase in maintenance cost of car also you may end up driving more due to low cost fuel.

Fuel running cost of CNG will come around Rs. 1.5 to 2 per km depending upon the traffic and individual driving habits.

I recommend you to install CNG kit from the authorized fitment center list of centers are available on transport department website of respective states for authorized CNG fitment center list in Delhi click here

Comparing a sequential kit to a regular one is like comparing a MPFI engine technology to carburetor one regular kits just supply gas into the intake manifold whereas sequential kits supply gas separately to each cylinder in measured amounts.

You have to make decision based on your budget both kits will run fine on your car though nowadays most of the newer engines run better on sequential kits.

I hope this helps you, wishing you many happy miles on CNG revert back to me if you have any more queries.

Regards

Thread Starter #5

Hi All,

i would suggest tomasetto its best . 6years on my santro not single problem till today
normal kit will cost you around 28-30k and sequential one will cost around 48k local and 55k dealer
there will performance impact but not that great still good . sequential has better acceleration . Dealer location i would say search around which is close to your location so that in future if there any problem appear you don't need to travel long distance thanks to traffic making small distance long
there are only two type closed and sequential . Closed don't require maintenance where as sequential require little attention atleast what i have learned with experience

if you want performance go for sequential and if you want balance power then closed . About highway travel of 400KM your CNG will get empty while coming

Re: Aftermarket CNG Kit Queries and Discussions

Hi Prog Tester,

Welcome to TAI.

The Aftermarket kits in mumbai costs around 30 to 32

You require to check the price in delhi.

I would recommend you go to the best CNG fitter if you are going for any of the aftermarket as people trend to do experiment around everytime and will play with your wiring ...

Its better to go for the Company fitted KIT i am using a SX4 Green for the past 2 1/2 months now and really enjoying ... no difference of power except for when it comes to steep climb...

I have even tested and driven the wagonr green lxi abs neet .. i must say MUL has mated it to perfection.

My friend has Tata Indica Zeta in which he has got the CNG installed from local garage and now had 100's of problems ...

I would go also with Toughguy and what he says...

I am very much interested in buying a second hand Civic, but its low FE is giving my mind a straight No for the car. So i thought why not put a CNG kit in the Civic. What u think guys?? Please Suggest. Is anyone using the Cng kit on Civic on this forum??

I am very much interested in buying a second hand Civic, but its low FE is giving my mind a straight No for the car. So i thought why not put a CNG kit in the Civic. What u think guys?? Please Suggest. Is anyone using the Cng kit on Civic on this forum??
Not CNG, we are using Civic with LPG, gives a mileage of 10kmpl in city & 11~12kmpl in highway (100% AC)

I wants to install LPG kit in my Swift 2006 VXI model.Any idea about mileage in city?
It will give approx same mileage as petrol.

BRC offers cng kit for civic - cost about 52k.
I have seen 2 civics using cng.
Mileage will be 17-18 in city and 22-23 on highway!

Hi,
I have a query regarding the LPG kit installation. A friend of mine got a LPG kit installed on his Maruti 800 1996 model AC. The thermostat is removed and the Radiator fan continuously runs. Is it necessary to remove the thermostat to keep the radiator ALWAYS ON ???

It makes a humming noise even if the car is not started.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE DON'T REMOVE THE THERMOSTAT ??

Is it necessary to remove the thermostat to keep the radiator ALWAYS ON ???
Radiator coolant is used to cool the Vaporizer in LPG kit. In vehicles like M800 with a smaller radiator (--> less coolant volume) it is not sufficient to cool the vaporizer (with is an additional heat source added to the stock cooling system) with Thermostat. This is the assumption by mechanics, but theoretically and practically this is not the fact.

Automobile cooling system is normally designed with atleast 20% margin of actual capacity required. No vaporizer will produce heat upto 20% of the engine's heat.

Removing the thermostat will reduce the engine life & mileage (reason: more cold running)

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE DON'T REMOVE THE THERMOSTAT ??
Nothing. Frequency of thermostat opening will increase to compensate the excess heat generated in vaporizer.

contemplating to get rid of the civic for a prius for fuel reasons but today was thinking about CNG too. one we install CNG, then can we get rid of it too then in the future?

Thanks for the quick reply.
What is a Vaporizer ?? Is it a separate cooling unit for the GAS kit ??
Mechanics say that with the thermostat the engine will get over heated.

I too was thinking that if the engine gets hot due to use of gas kit the thermostat will keep the radiator on for more time till engine cools.

What should we do ??? Install the thermostat again or not .

Top Bottom