Aftermarket Accessories for Volkswagen Polo

Thread Starter #1
I need to fix remote locking for my Polo car. I asked few dealers they said you have to fix relays and change the electric wiring of the car. Also you will have lots of the problems. kindly give ur suggestion for the same.

Re: How to fix remote lock for Volkswagen Polo 1.2 Comfortline

You are in Chennai right? Which shop said like that?

AFAIK there will be no problems in getting an after-market remote locking for your car , even mine is after-market. I have been using it for close to 2 years now without any issues , not even the battery has drained till now!

Which part of Chennai do you live in? I can suggest you few shops in Anna Nagar if you are interested. Or else any other good reputed car accessory shop should be able to get it done without any issues.

Re: How to fix remote lock for Volkswagen Polo 1.2 Comfortline

Not sure about VWs, but my experiance might help you.

2010 Jan, when i enquired for my Fabia i was informed by one of the after-market shop guy that they cannot do it for Skodas since the battery would come with 5 wires for these vehicles where as other cars come with 4 wires only. So i had to finally get it done from the Skoda dealer for the price of Rs:9800/-

When i enquired recently the same shop guy said NOW they can do it.

My Suggestion is to get it done from VW Dealer itself to avoid any issues later.(though its costly)

Thread Starter #4
You are in Chennai right? Which shop said like that?

AFAIK there will be no problems in getting an after-market remote locking for your car , even mine is after-market. I have been using it for close to 2 years now without any issues , not even the battery has drained till now!

Which part of Chennai do you live in? I can suggest you few shops in Anna Nagar if you are interested. Or else any other good reputed car accessory shop should be able to get it done without any issues.
I was informed the after-market remote locking for Polo cause problems. You have cut the company wiring and fix relays which is against companies warranty. Even if your willing to take the risks, after-market remote locking will cause other problems like battery drain, etc.

Not sure about VWs, but my experiance might help you.

2010 Jan, when i enquired for my Fabia i was informed by one of the after-market shop guy that they cannot do it for Skodas since the battery would come with 5 wires for these vehicles where as other cars come with 4 wires only. So i had to finally get it done from the Skoda dealer for the price of Rs:9800/-

When i enquired recently the same shop guy said NOW they can do it.

My Suggestion is to get it done from VW Dealer itself to avoid any issues later.(though its costly)
Yeah i had asked them, but they said they can't fix, let me try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: How to Fix Remote Lock for Volkswagen Polo 1.2 Comfortline

The warranty is the real problem.Better you go for those VW remote locking.It will be better than others,IMO.

Thread Starter #6

The warranty is the real problem.Better you go for those VW remote locking.It will be better than others,IMO.
I think i have to wait a little longer for remote. Spoke the asst. manager in VW show room, he said till now remote locking unit not available.

Fixing Fog lamps in Volkswagen Polo

volkswagen polo fog lamps fixing as accessory at dealer cost is 18000rs including fixing cost. has any one done it at lower cost at car accessories shop

Re: Fixing Fog lamps in Volkswagen Polo

WTH , 18k for fixing fog lamps![frustration]

I think you can do it outside for cheaper price but it may void your warranty then. You would not want to mess with VW regarding warranty issues since they charge such exorbitant amounts!

Re: Fixing Fog lamps in Volkswagen Polo

We havent done the fog lamp fixing through the dealer, but yes he was charging around 16K for the installation in Delhi. Being at such a high price we decided against it.

@Dhaya - yes installing it after-market will cause warranty loss as told by VW

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Threads Merged. We can continue all the discussions in future related to accessories for Polo in this thread itself.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11
Guys i just installed 3D KAGU mats for my polo. They are awesome.

WTH , 18k for fixing fog lamps![frustration]

I think you can do it outside for cheaper price but it may void your warranty then. You would not want to mess with VW regarding warranty issues since they charge such exorbitant amounts!
Wait till warranty expires then change stuff you want. I see thats the only way with VW.

Top Bottom