Aftermarket 360° Camera Fitment

Thread Starter #3
Yes, I think, possible. But you need a HU with bigger screen and can receive input from all 4 camera's

See here a surround camera installation video
That requires very high skills. Will be hard to find a good mechanic like that. How much does that kit costs btw? Will it ruin the warranty?
If one wants to install the front camera only, then does it require this much effort? And if the HU is stock can that be done?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
That requires very high skills. Will be hard to find a good mechanic like that. How much does that kit costs btw?
No idea how much will be the cost. Some days back, I have seen a video where (in Delhi or Punjab, am not sure) some guys installing Tesla HU with all kinds of camera attachment and believe the huge HU was costing under 20K. I will try to trace the video, and if available will post here.
Will it ruin the warranty?
May be, you can check with your dealer (definitely he will not agree unless you do the installation from him provided he has the people to do it). It is better to do after initial warranty is over?

If one wants to install the front camera only, then does it require this much effort? And if the HU is stock can that be done?
Fixing a front camera is around 45 minute job. I have recently fixed front parking camera on my car (Read here). Again, your HU should be able to accommodate the camera connection. Since I already fitted a Blaupunkt Android HU, it was easy to connect the Blaupunkt front parking camera into the HU (more details available in my thread)

I have two 170 degrees cameras installed front and back connected to android head unit, I can watch live PIP, the rest of the things two side OVRM mirrors will take care simple.

Thread Starter #6
No idea how much will be the cost. Some days back, I have seen a video where (in Delhi or Punjab, am not sure) some guys installing Tesla HU with all kinds of camera attachment and believe the huge HU was costing under 20K. I will try to trace the video, and if available will post here.
May be, you can check with your dealer (definitely he will not agree unless you do the installation from him provided he has the people to do it). It is better to do after initial warranty is over?
Fixing a front camera is around 45 minute job. I have recently fixed front parking camera on my car (Read here). Again, your HU should be able to accommodate the camera connection. Since I already fitted a Blaupunkt Android HU, it was easy to connect the Blaupunkt front parking camera into the HU (more details available in my thread)
From where did you buy that front camera? Will it show the feed in the HU display of a Skoda?

From where did u buy that front camera? Will it show the feed in the HU display of a Skoda?
I brought from Aliexpress. Both cameras are with Advanced driver assist systems. This Advanced driver assist system is extremely useful. But some camera models are available on amazon India but not the models what I brought from Aliexpress.. I replaced stock HU with android 8.1 double din. For skoda good android head units are available on amazon India.. My total expenditure is about 20K.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
From where did u buy that front camera?
I bought it from 'Blaupunkt'

Will it show the feed in the HU display of a Skoda?
My HU is Blaupunkt and as such I discussed with Blaupunkt people who explained to me the way how the front camera can be connected to the HU.

Hope you have an OEM HU in the car? I don't know whether this camera can be connected to Skoda HU for which you need to check with a technician. You can also fix some other brand camera provided if the camera will have an option to select mirror mode and also have an RCA output, In my case the camera RCA output was connected into the AV IN option in the Radio (HU). Here, when you switch to the AV IN you will get the front camera, but the Radio will go off. (I did the installation as per the guidelines of Blaupunkt and the installation was done by the shop recommended by Blaupunkt)

Suggest take your car to your nearest accessory shop and discuss with them/technician and they will guide you how/which camera can be connected to the HU.

Thread Starter #9
I have two 170 degrees cameras installed front and back connected to android head unit, I can watch live PIP, the rest of the things two side OVRM mirrors will take care simple.
Which cameras have you installed? Can you share some photos or videos? Can these cameras work with the stock HUD? As there is no option, software wise, for a front camera so I am doubtful. What is PIP?

I brought from Aliexpress. Both cameras are with Advanced driver assist systems. This Advanced driver assist system is extremely useful. But some camera models are available on amazon India but not the models what I brought from Aliexpress.. I replaced stock HU with android 8.1 double din. For skoda good android head units are available on amazon India.. My total expenditure is about 20K.
Don't want to replace the stock HU as it will end the warranty. Any way to make it work with the stock HU?

I have kept stock head unit in case of warranty claim. Nothing altered. Male and female sockets are available for all cars. For your stock HU these cameras can not be installed. Anyway you can buy Dash mount( suction cup) 10.1 inch android unit and these cameras can be connected. Android unit and these ADAS cameras are of different league and much enjoyable.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
@nanu.007 - See here a couple of videos wherein they have fitted 360deg camera and also looks like they fitted these aftermarket HU in New cars - What will happen to the warranty? Seems they are not bothered at all.!

Thread Starter #12
@nanu.007 - See here a couple of videos wherein they have fitted 360deg camera and also looks like they fitted these aftermarket HU in New cars - What will happen to the warranty? Seems they are not bothered at all.!

Thanks sir. One has to worry about warranty if the car is from volkswagen group haha

I have kept stock head unit in case of warranty claim. Nothing altered. Male and female sockets are available for all cars. For your stock HU these cameras can not be installed. Anyway you can buy Dash mount( suction cup) 10.1 inch android unit and these cameras can be connected. Android unit and these ADAS cameras are of different league and much enjoyable.
Any good dashcam, which can be easily installed at home, with 360 degree view? On the internet few chinese one's are available. One is installed at front and the other at the back.

Please check for 360 degree dashcams on Amazon or on Flipkart.
I have checked, they will not give you 360 degree view, maximum 170 degrees, the word 360 degrees means you can rotate camera 360 degrees. You can connect these cameras through RCA cables provided your HU should have RCA input but lacks full hd quality. PIP not possible.

Top Bottom