• Pioneer A935 - 2K but SQ??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alternatives are available!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
Hello! First post =)

I've just bought a Pioneer - DEH X7590SD HU from snapdeal.

I'm looking for speakers to go with it.

Options -

1. Infinity reference 9603ix for 3.6K off SD (3 ohm?.?.)
  2. Infinity Primus 9603i for 3.0 off eBay
  3. Pioneer A935H for 3.1K off SD

I'd rather go in for a 4 ohm speaker.

Looking for a low distortion speaker set that can play dark music ( should be laid back and not bright) Decent bass response is a must.

Open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

Btw, am going to perhaps add a small sub ( if the need arises) and amp way down the line, not now, so there are budget constraints. Max 3.8K and preferably off the Internet.

Does anyone know a reasonable shop in chandigarh they can recommend?

Stick to 4 ohm speakers to avoid burning your HU's internal amp.

Pioneer A935 is good for use without amp, otherwise the infinity speakers. Choose between primus and reference depending on amp specs.

The GTO will go over budget...but for bass response he could also consider JBL CS6 or CS6-C

Thread Starter #7
Hi!

I got the Infy Pr9603iS finally after much consideration. Got them for 2.9 something off eBay so immense VFM.

Skipped the reference because :-
*Large price differentials. (2.9 vs 3.6)
*There's a passive crossover on the Refs but I could hear no perceivable difference
*Same drivers on both and the tiltable tweeters were not a criteria for me.
*Refs look better but in a silver Santro the primus went well.

I could have got the Pio's but didn't as the primus were a steal.[lol]

I advise against using ANY 2 Ohm speakers directly with the HU. You're asking for trouble! [frustration]

That's a good deal! Have you tried them out yet?

Definitely, sticking to 4+ ohm speakers is always the best way forwards.

Thread Starter #9
I did, they're a little bright ( only the high end). The mids are missing without the volume going up ( car acoustics to blame and working on it) and the lows are good and crist. No boom and a missing extension into the low. For that of course I'll need to amp things and get a discrete sub.

One note - I got a different head unit from Pio that puts out 14Wx4 RMS and you'll be surprised how loud these speakers get without amping and minus distortion. Clipping is present at 80% volume only on low notes. 95dB sensitivity is not to be taken lightly !

All in all I recommend high sensitivity speakers with low powered setups. If anything the 3 Ohm rating of the speakers along with the fresh cabling must come across as ~4 Ohm to the HU. That's their concept anyway.

Also got a lot of negative feedback over the 949 and 959 GTO's, their tweeters seeingly burn out with most of the folk out there. I imagine the others AMP @ 2 Ohm load so they survive it. Please note 2 Ohm speakers are bad for the HU and the HU is bad for them.

UPDATE:
I'm using bitumen based heat resistant sheets to damp the engine noise out even further and I must say it seems to work. So far I'v done uncovered parts around the engine block. This is aluminium backed so it actually does something, and is supposed to reflect engine heat. After I have the hood done ( need more of this stuff and to buy some damping rubber and foam.. ) I'll post some pics.

The roll is 10cm x 10M x1.5mm so about 1 Sq Metre ( 10 sq feet) for 900. I should be able to buy the next roll cheaper. Delhi Bitumen Suppliers @ sector 7 Chandigarh.
This is supposed to lie in the sun all day on AC vents and take the heat so it should not melt. I've put a little patch on the hood to test it before I move on to the hood. All in all doing the area around the engine, the hood and all doors + hatch should cost me 2 rolls @ 1.8K DIY. Good savings.

Question: Any way I can reduce the road noise? I'm thinking wheel wells but how much will damping the floor really help? Is it worth the cost - effort involvement?

Last edited:
I did, they're a little bright ( only the high end). The mids are missing without the volume going up ( car acoustics to blame and working on it) and the lows are good and crist. No boom and a missing extension into the low. For that of course I'll need to amp things and get a discrete sub.

One note - I got a different head unit from Pio that puts out 14Wx4 RMS and you'll be surprised how loud these speakers get without amping and minus distortion. Clipping is present at 80% volume only on low notes. 95dB sensitivity is not to be taken lightly !

All in all I recommend high sensitivity speakers with low powered setups. If anything the 3 Ohm rating of the speakers along with the fresh cabling must come across as ~4 Ohm to the HU. That's their concept anyway.

Also got a lot of negative feedback over the 949 and 959 GTO's, their tweeters seeingly burn out with most of the folk out there. I imagine the others AMP @ 2 Ohm load so they survive it. Please note 2 Ohm speakers are bad for the HU and the HU is bad for them.

UPDATE:
I'm using bitumen based heat resistant sheets to damp the engine noise out even further and I must say it seems to work. So far I'v done uncovered parts around the engine block. This is aluminium backed so it actually does something, and is supposed to reflect engine heat. After I have the hood done ( need more of this stuff and to buy some damping rubber and foam.. ) I'll post some pics.

The roll is 10cm x 10M x1.5mm so about 1 Sq Metre ( 10 sq feet) for 900. I should be able to buy the next roll cheaper. Delhi Bitumen Suppliers @ sector 7 Chandigarh.
This is supposed to lie in the sun all day on AC vents and take the heat so it should not melt. I've put a little patch on the hood to test it before I move on to the hood. All in all doing the area around the engine, the hood and all doors + hatch should cost me 2 rolls @ 1.8K DIY. Good savings.

Question: Any way I can reduce the road noise? I'm thinking wheel wells but how much will damping the floor really help? Is it worth the cost - effort involvement?
Congrats! But you may want to consider adding a 1 Ohm resistance in series to make it 4 Ohm, otherwise you can damage the HU's internal amp. Copper wires have a very low resistance that is usually already accounted for so don't believe in that theory.

Damping above the wheel well skin can help reduce suspension shocks slightly, but if you want a major reduction in road noise dampen the underbody with some silicone-based spray, use acoustic carpet in the car or damping sheets under the carpet.

Top Bottom