Advice on Music File Organizing in PC

Thread Starter #1
I have more than 11Gb of music in my pc...mp3's mostly.

How to organize it automaticaly ..

I used music brainz Picard ,it did help to an extend but still its all a mess.

any better Idea?

I organize it by Language/Music Directors(Artists)/Albums. Thats the way I do it. It doesn't need any external software, just your PC is more than enough. :)

Thread Starter #3
3000+ mp3 files with name viz. track 01 ,track 02 ...

I admit I could never find a file when i needed the most...miserable I feel.

I remember real player had an option to rename the file according to the ID tags.
Then there would be many softwares that would do the renaming but to do play and find a match online and to rename the file will take hell of a lot time by any app even if it does happen.
If you want something which does it online will have to search for that .

Thread Starter #5
I remember real player had an option to rename the file according to the ID tags.
Then there would be many softwares that would do the renaming but to do play and find a match online and to rename the file will take hell of a lot time by any app even if it does happen.
Actually whole thing got messed up when i synced the music to my mobile phone and w-media palyer.
seems like it had its own mind and renamed ,all the folders ,shuffled the files half in new folder with unknown as names and all those mess .
e.g. Jodha akbar which i ripped from CD was in one folder but now it has 12 folders with "unknown" as name with a signle track in each and spread all everywhere..

Well there is no virus I assure, but tagging renaming mess up was, either phone did it or media player -.Kudos to new age technology.!!

Same thing happened to me with the real player .
It renamed a vengaboys album to untitled and then i had trouble renaming them.
If there are only a few files to be renamed you can do a shazam and rename them.

Check mp3tag for starters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom