Advice On Component Speakers

Thread Starter #31
@ raj why 608c is not listed are they going to stop it?
-----------Next Post-----------
@ vishal get jbl 608c, even i am also looking for a compo i my last choice is jbl compos they are value for money but before buying them try some other brands also like kicker and boston.
i read in an another forum that gto 608c are 2 ohm coil and need amp for their performance .

@ Vishal: for 6k, get compos for the front & add an amp to it later. since you are the one driving, dont bother about rear speakers for the moment.

later, in the next upgrade, you can buy a 4 ch amp & sub together.

jbl 608c has price tag (Mrp.) of 7k, you can get discount @ 30% almost.so it comes near 5k with B/W and without B/W it comes for less then 4.3k.

Thread Starter #35
hey guys just heard a friends puntos ice
he has 2 subs one pioneer second jbl
2 co axial on rear tray kicker i think . was nice great thump, also he had the stock speakers in the doors and i was amazed to listen no disturbance in them [surprise]
what could be the reason?? i thought he had joined an amp with them i asked him about that but he didnt knew about it .
so guys what could be the reason ??
will joining the amp with stock speakers resolve the disturbance issues if yes then i could go for an amp and sub first then after some time for the speakers?

Thread Starter #37
so this means i can go for the sub and and amp first.
also there is nothing like the speakers need to be of a minimum power so that amp could be attached with it??

Thread Starter #38
hey guys
how much would a good 4 channel amp would cost me ??
and what is the review on alpine 4 channel amps??
i am getting an alpine 4 ch amp for 3900 rs
and i am thinking to go for a pioneer sub TS-W1208F for 2900 rs anybody installed this one??

Thread Starter #39
also wat is thefunction of crossovers?
i have seen on the jbl site written that their amps have on board crossover . so this means if i join amp with co axial speakers they will deliver same quality as the component speakers .??

Thread Starter #42
but a friend has same alpine amp 4 channel worth 3900 i will confirm it tomorrow
i am getting it with the bill and warranty

i dont know which HU he is using. is it the stock HU?

@ dhaya: If you have the budget, better to install compos in front as well as rear, even the rear passengers would get nice SQ. then play with the fader (or better add amp to the rear compos) & you will get a nice surround sound effect. these days many are opting for rear compos, even i have. the outcome is really nice. you just need to install better comps in front compared to the rear ones though.
Hi raj, I have a Fiat Punto 90HP with factory fitted HU and speakers. I don't want to change the Head Unit but i want to upgrade the speakers. I am thinking of Component speakers for both front and back which means 2 pairs of compos for both front and back. Is it a good idea to go for component speakers for both front and back?. I also want a good 4 channel amp to drive them
What brands would you recommend for these component speakers and amplifier. I need very good quality sound.
Also i am in a confusion whether to install a sub woofer or not , because i dont like huge sounds being heard outside as it will be a disturbance for people outside. Is a subwoofer required after installing two pairs of component speakers for both front and back?

Waiting for your replies[:)]

For 25k u will get a nice entry level compos series. Now for the rear fills, if u do not use the rear seats much and drive urself, the best bet will be 2 front compos and a rear sealed sub. Add a 4 channel. 2 for front compos and 2 bridged to rear sub. This will provide u with the best soundstage possible in that budget. Believe me u wont need rear fills at all. Even then u may keep the stock speakers there. BTW how many preouts??

In 4000, your best best would be JBL 608C. They have enough thump to be run without an amp. The XO have setting for treble control of 0db for a bit brighter sound and -6db for laid back sound. The drivers are solidly built and give enough bass. Moreover since you are not running an amp, so run the 608C on full range rather than HPFing them. This would churn out even more bass.

One suggestion though. Install components in front doors and not anywhere in rear (rear doors/tray) for best sound stage.

freakdude.

Top Bottom