Advice on Buying Mahindra Scorpio Automatic

SCORPIO MANUAL OR SCORPIO AUTOMATIC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I want to buy a Scorpio Automatic , could any one please give some feedback , I have taken a test drive & to tell you its a luxury with power.The engine is to smooth as if knife cutting through butter.I had an opportunity to drive for around 100 kms & I was ver Happy [:D] with the feel & driving comfort.

Wanted some more overall feedback , anyone there please guide me if you own one ...:help:

For the price of a Scorpio A/T, you can get an XUV5OO, that is, if you get lucky in the draw!

However, regarding Scorpio A/T, indeed its a breeze to drive. The 6 speed A/T is superb (made by Drivetrain International Systems, Australia) & mates fairly well with the mHawk, except for some constant shuffling of gears between 30-40 kmph.

Initial reports did suggest some issues with the A/T gearbox though. One owner had taken his car to the Himalayas & he managed to damage the A/T oil reservoir as apparently it is placed pretty low, the gearbox ran dry of oil & the vehicle got immobilized.

Overall for a city dweller like you, my neighbour has a Scorpio A/T & he is being using the vehicle for one year and is pretty happy with it.

Thread Starter #4
For the price of a Scorpio A/T, you can get an XUV5OO, that is, if you get lucky in the draw!

However, regarding Scorpio A/T, indeed its a breeze to drive. The 6 speed A/T is superb (made by Drivetrain International Systems, Australia) & mates fairly well with the mHawk, except for some constant shuffling of gears between 30-40 kmph.

Initial reports did suggest some issues with the A/T gearbox though. One owner had taken his car to the Himalayas & he managed to damage the A/T oil reservoir as apparently it is placed pretty low, the gearbox ran dry of oil & the vehicle got immobilized.

Overall for a city dweller like you, my neighbour has a Scorpio A/T & he is being using the vehicle for one year and is pretty happy with it.
Thanks Raj for your advice , could you help me informing , if the AT has got some technical problems, I heard over the period of time all issues have been take care by M&M. [cheers]

Thanks Xover , could you come up with some more important details in dept , I would be very greatful.

Hi Everyone

I want to buy a Scorpio Automatic , could any one please give some feedback , I have taken a test drive & to tell you its a luxury with power.The engine is to smooth as if knife cutting through butter.I had an opportunity to drive for around 100 kms & I was ver Happy [:D] with the feel & driving comfort.

Wanted some more overall feedback , anyone there please guide me if you own one ...:help:
go with close eye its AT version is soo smooth

well i don't own it but i did got chance to drive AT version for around 200KM and i really liked it . my left leg was thanking me :P

Thread Starter #8
Thanks Mastersquall [cheers]

Hi All
Could any one guide , which is a better option ,Scorpio Manual or Scorpio Automatic , with reasons please , I wanna take a decision.[cheers]

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Note: Threads Merged. Please refrain from creating multiple similar threads.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey if you liked the A/T version, go with it.

But A/T vehicles bores you as you won't shift the gears and not too performance oriented.Scorpio with its great engine will be good to drive unlike sedans(only in A/T).

If the vehicle is used in cities for most of the time then A/T no matter makes a good buy.

M/T option will be better if you like to play around this SUV.
I heard over the period of time all issues have been take care by M&M.
If its done then its very good.

Thread Starter #11
Hey if you liked the A/T version, go with it.

But A/T vehicles bores you as you won't shift the gears and not too performance oriented.Scorpio with its great engine will be good to drive unlike sedans(only in A/T).

If the vehicle is used in cities for most of the time then A/T no matter makes a good buy.

M/T option will be better if you like to play around this SUV.

If its done then its very good.
Thanks for your feedback.[cheers]

I have voted for the Scorpio A/T.

If you are not planning to take it off road, its a nice car.

That said, a friend of mine has bought a 4WD Scorpio A/T. He has taken it for many off roading excursions, he has not complained about anything till now.

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, I own a MT, and am quite happy with it.
MT is better if you want to play with this scorpio. (As Vishwas said)
Nor you will enjoy it as fun in driving a car is by changing gears! :)

Go for A/t if you have budget and are happy with the TD.

If you are driving in City more than highways, Then AT is for you.
Otherwise , Go for MT.
With the price for Scorpio AT, You can easily get an XUV500. What say?

BUT, IF YOU HAVE MADE YOUR MIND FOR A/T , THEN GO FOR IT.
It is 6 speed, I guess.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom