Advice on Buying Hyundai Creta SX (O)

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

We are on the verge of finalizing Creta Sx (O) ivt Petrol variant. While officially dealer claims waiting period of 3-4 months they have confirmed to provide the same in about months time.

We were earlier looking to go for Black or new Green color, however one of the dealer pointed out that its more difficult to maintain a dark color car than a light color one.
Further he has one White color with him and he is ready to give that in a 15 days, which is the nominal time required for making payment and getting the Registration done.

Query:
1. Is it right that maintaining a Black, or a Dark color car is more cumbersome than white?

2. In terms of white Color cars, will the Daylight continuous LED stand out in white color on the road?

3. He also emphasized that the new Emerald Green color, while it's in trend now, later on becomes costly as at times company discontinues such a one-off color, he even quoted the Orangish color which was introduced in Creta (in 2018-19 around) & was later discontinued. is it

4. While there is no discount, he has agreed to offer Insurance at a discounted price of 75k instead of 93k (in Mumbai), is it worth going with Hyundai Assurance Program (HAP) or getting a quote from outside? anyone who has bought (especially in Mumbai) could help what max discount we can get on Insurance from the dealer?

Thanks in Advance...

1. Is it right that maintaining a Black, or a Dark color car is more cumbersome than white?
Oh yes, I had the 1st gen Ritz and 2nd Gen Swift both in their respective blue colours. I am not a detailing freak or for that matter care about paint protection etc. But living with that blue colour with 2 cars made me realise lighter shades like White, Silver are a lot better and easier to maintain. That's the reason I learnt my lesson and bought the Creta in 'White colour's only and to be honest, the Creta looked great in the white shade compared to the rest, especially the 1st generation car.

Colour is a personal preference though but majority of Creta sales (1st generation) ones were in White AFAIK.

2. In terms of white Color cars, will the Daylight continuous LED stand out in white color on the road?
It would stand out. Don't think that should be an issue plus the car being white, it'll stand out in day light too and help at night time compared to darker colours.

3. He also emphasized that the new Emerald Green color, while it's in trend now, later on becomes costly as at times company discontinues such a one-off color, he even quoted the Orangish color which was introduced in Creta (in 2018-19 around) & was later discontinued. is it
I sort of agree with them as it is a niche option and only the initial hype would help sell but as days pass by, this shade may or may not get the required numbers to have the assembly line allocated versus the other other popular colours that the Creta sells in.

In the latter years of ownership, paint matching would be a pain too

4. While there is no discount, he has agreed to offer Insurance at a discounted price of 75k instead of 93k (in Mumbai), is it worth going with Hyundai Assurance Program (HAP) or getting a quote from outside? anyone who has bought (especially in Mumbai) could help what max discount we can get on Insurance from the dealer?
For approximate prices, check online on websites like Policy Bazaar and CoverFox. Actual insurance cost for the IDV and few addons like 0-dep etc would be higher and it is better to verify the prices as that is where the dealers gets the commission.

HAP - I am not sure what that is, as I haven't heard of it. Must be a new addition to their list as it wasn't available when I bought the Creta in October 2017.

Last edited:

Top Bottom