Advice on Buying a Used Royal Enfield

Thread Starter #1
I am soo happy and proud be a Registered user in Automotive Indian world.
First i would like to thank Mr.Peejay for helping me about my Mahindra MM540.

Here i post this thread for planning to buy a Old Royal Enfield Bullet 350.
I am from Tirunelveli in Tamilnadu.Now a days i am mad about RE 350.
I went a each and every second hand bikes showroom for hunt a RE 350.They quoted a price above 70,000rs.But the bullets are modified or restored by the previous owner Taste.
But i need to mod or restore the RE 350 with my own Passion.So i planned a Old RE 350.
I would like to buy a disposal RE 350 with proper papers.
Some of my friend says RE 350 may cheaper in Old Scarp shops around my city.

Mechanic quoted :
Full engine overhaul -₹.25,000
Nickel plating & Puffing-₹.10,000
other mechanical parts -₹.10,000
Painting -₹.8,000

its a reasonable cost ?
where can i buy a government disposal RE350 ?
How much it costs ?
How much cost for a not running condition RE350 ?

Thank you guys...I need a immediate Help.Please forgive me for a huge Errors in this thread.

Last edited:
Re: Need advice about buying Old Royal Enfield.

Full engine overhaul -₹.25,000
Nickel plating & Puffing-₹.10,000
other mechanical parts -₹.10,000
Painting -₹.8,000

1) its a reasonable cost ?
2) where can i buy a government disposal RE350 ?
3) How much it costs ?
4) How much cost for a not running condition RE350 ?
1) Seems reasonable, but depends on the condition of bike that you get
2) Look out for the Auction ads in newspapers (this may not help you 100%. you should have someone who is already dealing with it. There are many dealers / agents / brokers available
3) Depends on the condition again (ranging from 10k to 50k)
4) Recently my mechanic's Guru bought one for 12k (with documents, but not in current)

Thank you Mr.Boss.is really possible to get a RE350 for 12k..? Where are you from Boss..?
Possible, once in a blue moon. But the condition will be worst than what we expect to be. The one I'm talking about couldn't even be towed, it was shipped in a tempo, with almost rust in every inch of the vehicle. I would suggest not to look for such vehicles. Try looking for a vehicle that is in decent running condition with proper documents. It may cost nearly 60k.

You can keep an eye on bikes sold through banks. These are bikes which are surrendered to the bank/finance companies if one is not able to carry on with the EMIs. A person known to my friend had to surrender his FZ(military green 7K km.s, 11 months) to the bank. And he later came to know the bike was sold within 2 days @ rs. 28000/-. A very good price from the point of the customer I guess.

Last edited:
Even I'm planning to buy a used RE 350, that I plan to modify after some usage. But I may need some help on the things to look out for while buying? Comments appreciated [:)]

Depending upon the model and location the price will vary.Pre 80's are very costly to procure,even in not so good condition due to the collectors badge.The cheapest will be post 90's and pre 2010. These are not considered to be not much dependable .And during this time RE experimented with lot of permutation and combinations.Post 2010 ,the UCE s are available from 70,000 to 1 L. In chennai its much cheaper as the manufacturing plant is near to it.
In another thought, why would you want to spend a 50,000 on a very old bike. Get the one near to 2011 (Classic UCE 350) ,for 80 K and ride happy.Not much modifications are not required in a classic 350.[cheers]

Depending upon the model and location the price will vary.Pre 80's are very costly to procure,even in not so good condition due to the collectors badge.The cheapest will be post 90's and pre 2010. These are not considered to be not much dependable .And during this time RE experimented with lot of permutation and combinations.Post 2010 ,the UCE s are available from 70,000 to 1 L. In chennai its much cheaper as the manufacturing plant is near to it.
In another thought, why would you want to spend a 50,000 on a very old bike. Get the one near to 2011 (Classic UCE 350) ,for 80 K and ride happy.Not much modifications are not required in a classic 350.[cheers]
That was helpful mate! Will do check for some good models. [:D]

hey guys sunday while washing my car one of my friends visited my place on a RE. he bought it because everyone was a buying a RE not a FAN of RE. he said that he was looking to sell it. it's a 2011 OCT manufactured Vehicle 350cc Classic with 17,000 kms on the ODO he is quoted around 90k i negotiated and bought it for 70k. is it a good deal. the tank lacuer is cracked as it was parked in the sun most of the times and the exhaust pipe is a bit rusty from where it comes out of the cylinder will post pics shortly. do you guys think its a wise buy( yeah i have bought it and then asking the question i might sound stupid). now the things i need to know is will i get my booking amount back for RE TB 500 i booked or is it gone with the wind. i haven't called the showroom people yet. well the classic i bought has a loud exhaust i like it though. the gear casing has lost its shine. I'm thinking of cleaning it and applying a thin coat of lacquer. what do you guys say.

Top Bottom