Advice needed on a car which will be sold in 7 months

Thread Starter #1
First of all bear with me I didn't had written a ownership report on my palio 1.9d too busy in maintaining that ride [frustration] fed up and sold it at a loss of 50k on last Friday within 8 months of ownership .

But I had to admit it was a diesel rocket with 1930 cc engine [evil] too good to ride.
No service center here I had to travel 236 kms for a authorized service center the TATA service here was not authorized to do with fiat cars

now I need a car. my dream car Scorpio is out of my budget right now I can go for lx version but not interested cause of no abs.
so decided to have a car for just now any car just the concern is resale value

And I need you guys to help me in selecting the cars .I am in search now I will post the details of the car you guys please direct me whether I can go for it or it is a no no .

my primary ride is two wheeler Suzuki fierro first gen bike till now clocked 1.25 lakh kms and going good . and our family has another santro but I cant use it.
so I am also in a confusion whether I should buy a car now? or go for the Scorpio straight away after 7 months he he......... any way
waiting for your valuable suggestions.

350Z

Core Team
Sorry to learn that you had to sell such a power packed car. Now, the car which you would purchase will be sold off with in seven months, so are you considering going with brand new or second hand? I’d recommend going with a second hand. Kindly add complete details and requirements (Asked in this thread) so that we can help you further.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Thank you raj . But no. who knows how they had maintained it and all.
better to go for a new one .I knew a Scorpio which has clocked 40k kms and the owner didn't even care for a free service after his first service. and he is a doctor.[frustration]
-----------Next Post-----------
@ 350z definitely second hand car the palio was also second hand (I love that car i used it for only 8months but felt sad parting it if I had a good service I will never sold it our town guys always scratch their heads for any complaint )

budget--upto 3 lakhs can strech
priority --resale ,resale ,comfort,power
monthly running --1000 kms
pupose --just for fun really man I dont need a car not comfortable with the oneway system of our town one can use two wheeler but for four wheeler it will be a one way cause of narrow roads [frustration]
seating ---not a priority for this car
fuel-------diesel mostly but not a great deal
body type ---dosent matter but no to small hatch backs

Last edited:
Will you tell us why do you want to sell the car in just 7 months? 7 months is too short period. If you buy a new one and sell it in 7 months you will be in some loss. My suggestion will be wait for 7 months and buy a new one.

Thank you raj . But no. who knows how they had maintained it and all.
better to go for a new one .I knew a Scorpio which has clocked 40k kms and the owner didn't even care for a free service after his first service. and he is a doctor.[frustration]
While I was looking for pre-owned cars many dealers ask more money for a doctor owned cars. I don't understand how a doctor can take care of car better than a engineer.

Thread Starter #6
Will you tell us why do you want to sell the car in just 7 months? 7 months is too short period. If you buy a new one and sell it in 7 months you will be in some loss. My suggestion will be wait for 7 months and buy a new one.
again--- just for the pleasure of driving a car man [:D]

While I was looking for pre-owned cars many dealers ask more money for a doctor owned cars. I don't understand how a doctor can take care of car better than a engineer.
No logic really. my doctor friend himself advised against a doctors cars

again--- just for the pleasure of driving a car man [:D]
I understood you are buying for driving pleasure. But why this odd figure of 7 months. I heard people say that I'll keep car for 6 months, a year etc. Just wondered with your 7 months figure [confused]

Thread Starter #8
I understood you are buying for driving pleasure. But why this odd figure of 7 months. I heard people say that I'll keep car for 6 months, a year etc. Just wondered with your 7 months figure [confused]
ok ok make it 6months to 1 year buddy just had some calculations in my mind about the finance thats all not a great deal.

and about the cars I came across

1. lancer 2002 model for 2.30 lakhs petrol
2. astra for 85 k this car if ok I can have it today itself.

still searching will update

guys please bear with me for poor English and grammar :stupid:

Last edited:
Since you intend to sell your car in 7months i would suggest you to go for a maruti(any model).
I would like to know what do you expect from the car. I mean like fuel efficiency, comfort, per day travelling, etc.

If your main priority is resale then go for Maruti only.
For narrow streets Alto is best. You may also consider Esteem.

Since you intend to sell your car in 7months i would suggest you to go for a maruti(any model).
I would like to know what do you expect from the car. I mean like fuel efficiency, comfort, per day travelling, etc.
I would strongly suggest you to avoid any heavy investment in a second hand car since you will be buying a new one for yourself after a few months. IMO go for a used alto, wagonr or esteem.

Thread Starter #12
Big no for small cars alto , wagon r, santro etc sorry

came across a baleno for 2.25 lakhs but you cant sell it after buying but lancer can be sold so eying for it

Only If maintenance is unbearable and/or you are terribly bored (just like how I am with my 10 month old HP DV4 :biggrin:), I would advice you to go in for another ride.
I was going to tell you that the WagonR is your best bet, but after I read post 12, I feel a good 2003-5 Maruti Esteem, hopefully a VXi(if not, an LXi) would be fun, low on costs, and easy to dispose of, for not more than 2.25-2.5 lakh.
Best of Luck.

PS: One thing. You could go in for a nearly - new VLX, provided you find a pleasing example that has not done too many miles, and come with a decent service record., the probability of which might not be very great, something tells me.

350Z

Core Team
ok ok make it 6months to 1 year buddy just had some calculations in my mind about the finance thats all not a great deal.

and about the cars I came across

1. lancer 2002 model for 2.30 lakhs petrol
2. astra for 85 k this car if ok I can have it today itself.
Always remember, Second hand Opels or Daewoo are a Big No, They look to be a sweet deal but most likely you’ll end up spending the whole year in struggle to find spares or getting it serviced. Although, Lancer in decent condition makes some sense, also because you require a car more for driving pleasure, look out for well maintained OHCs or even a Fiesta 1.6 (It may slightly cross the budget).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom